Highlighted
Nov 08 2009
By: Iznhou Wastelander 684 posts

TLF: My impression + Pros & Cons

15 replies 38 views Edited Nov 8, 2009

As we all know, TLF was just recently released. I had bought mine yesterday for the PS2 and just beaten in less than an hour ago. So i decided to make this thread for both:

Post mine and everyones' opinions of the game and to post their Pros and Cons of the game. I'll go.

Okay, Like I said. I had bought the game yesterday and just beaten it, in less than an hour ago. When I started it yesterday I was very excited, but now that I've beaten it....well let me just say DVM was right about the game. 

Dun, get me wrong the game was awesome. But it had too much flight sim. Half the time, it didn't feel like a J&D game AT ALL. The platforming parts of the game were alright, though the animations weren't as fluid as the other Jak games, not even TPL.

And once again, one thing were pissed off about. Dark Daxter. Not only does it contradict with the story, but they way he talks UGH. Not only that but when Jak and Kiera first found out, Jak didn' even seem surprised. 

But I guess I should stop the rant, since I'm not really sounding like a true J&D fan. But right now, I REALLY hope ND does make a J&D game for the ps3, to make up for this game. The only things I can think of that were good were Pheonix and the Sky Pirates. The Story, and Jak's Eco Powers. 

So now:

Pros: 

Jak's Eco Powers

Pheonix and the Sky Pirates

The Story plot

The Gunstaff

The Ending

Cons:

Too much of a flying sim. Not enough Platforming.

Dark Daxter.

Animation sucks

You couldn't even kill people.

No free-roaming either. You can't play the game after you've beaten it unless you wanna play the Hero Mode.

GFX from TPL were better than TLF.

Only one cuss word used only ONE tim during the whole game.

Okay thats about it, TBH It's a great game it really is. But not what I thought it would be at all. Espically since I've beaten it in 2 days. Any game like that, where you can beat it the day after you've bought it isn't really that good. 

Message Edited by Iznhou on 11-07-2009 05:57 PM
Photobucket

Message 7 of 16 (38 Views)
Gaming Beast
2421 posts

Re: TLF: My impression + Pros & Cons

Nov 7, 2009
Whats TPL? Sorry for newb question.
Message 1 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Nov 7, 2009

Y-P3 wrote:
Whats TPL? Sorry for newb question.

No Problem.

TPL stands for 

The Precursor Legacy, its the 1st Jak and Daxter game ND made. 

The Jak and Daxter Wiki - Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3, and more

Look for it there. ^

Photobucket

Message 2 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2106 posts

Nov 7, 2009

sweet you beat it in 2 days!!

good thing cuzz i needed to beat this pretty quickly cuzz of mw2 lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2272 posts

Nov 8, 2009

Iznhou wrote:

1. Why kill society? Who would bake your bread, deliver your newspaper and make your games?
2. More bright and colorful, yes, but definitely not better. Even Daxter(TM) had better graphics.

Message Edited by ManWithGoodTaste on 11-07-2009 04:01 PM
want to know where the picture came from? PM
Message 4 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Nov 8, 2009

ManWithGoodTaste wrote:

Iznhou wrote:

1. Why kill society? Who would bake your bread, deliver your newspaper and make your games?
2. More bright and colorful, yes, but definitely not better. Even Daxter(TM) had better graphics.

Message Edited by ManWithGoodTaste on 11-07-2009 04:01 PM

Its not that, but I miss that from the trilogy, its not like I kill ppl all the time though. But just seeing ppl cowar and the pirates fight back, its not the same.

Exactly

Photobucket

Message 5 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 8, 2009
One of the things that I didn't like was the armor. To me it seemed like the armor was more like Ratchet and Clank armor then something for a Jak and Daxter game. It was to futuristic for these games i thought. Especially the Dark Sage Mail armor.
Samos Sig
Message 6 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2845 posts

Nov 8, 2009
Thanks for your PS2 impressions . I'm still on the fence about getting it for PS2. But I have a few questions, can you roll jump? Also, can you control the camera with the second analog stick?
Message 8 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Nov 8, 2009

Ratchet_Co wrote:
Thanks for your PS2 impressions . I'm still on the fence about getting it for PS2. But I have a few questions, can you roll jump? Also, can you control the camera with the second analog stick?

No. Sadly you can't roll. On either system. Its a waste of the L1 button really, since it isn't used for anything while controlling Jak on the ground. 

Yes you can. 

Photobucket

Message 9 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2845 posts

Nov 8, 2009

Iznhou wrote:

Ratchet_Co wrote:

No. Sadly you can't roll. On either system. Its a waste of the L1 button really, since it isn't used for anything while controlling Jak on the ground. 

Yes you can. 

Ah, oh well. I was kind of hoping too, not a BIG deal for me, I guess.

Yay.

Message 10 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes