Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Re: TLF: My impression + Pros & Cons

Nov 8, 2009

Iznhou wrote:

As we all know, TLF was just recently released. I had bought mine yesterday for the PS2 and just beaten in less than an hour ago. So i decided to make this thread for both:

Post mine and everyones' opinions of the game and to post their Pros and Cons of the game. I'll go.

Okay, Like I said. I had bought the game yesterday and just beaten it, in less than an hour ago. When I started it yesterday I was very excited, but now that I've beaten it....well let me just say DVM was right about the game. 

Dun, get me wrong the game was awesome. But it had too much flight sim. Half the time, it didn't feel like a J&D game AT ALL. The platforming parts of the game were alright, though the animations weren't as fluid as the other Jak games, not even TPL.

And once again, one thing were pissed off about. Dark Daxter. Not only does it contradict with the story, but they way he talks UGH. Not only that but when Jak and Kiera first found out, Jak didn' even seem surprised. 

But I guess I should stop the rant, since I'm not really sounding like a true J&D fan. But right now, I REALLY hope ND does make a J&D game for the ps3, to make up for this game. The only things I can think of that were good were Pheonix and the Sky Pirates. The Story, and Jak's Eco Powers. 

So now:

Pros: 

Jak's Eco Powers

Pheonix and the Sky Pirates

The Story plot

The Gunstaff

The Ending

Cons:

Too much of a flying sim. Not enough Platforming.

Dark Daxter.

Animation sucks

You couldn't even kill people.

No free-roaming either. You can't play the game after you've beaten it unless you wanna play the Hero Mode.

GFX from TPL were better than TLF.

Only one cuss word used only ONE tim during the whole game.

Okay thats about it, TBH It's a great game it really is. But not what I thought it would be at all. Espically since I've beaten it in 2 days. Any game like that, where you can beat it the day after you've bought it isn't really that good. 

Message Edited by Iznhou on 11-07-2009 05:57 PM

Thanks for the post. It's answered alot of my questions about the game. I didn't like the flying segments of the demo. I guess this is going into my "pick up when it's bargain bin material" pile.

Message 11 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2272 posts

Nov 8, 2009

Daxter_TPL wrote:
One of the things that I didn't like was the armor. To me it seemed like the armor was more like Ratchet and Clank armor then something for a Jak and Daxter game. It was to futuristic for these games i thought. Especially the Dark Sage Mail armor.
Wow! I would certainly like the game! The idea of "Ratchet meets Jak" finally made it into a game, even if partially...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
want to know where the picture came from? PM
Message 12 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Nov 8, 2009
Whatever, I still like the game.

JAK IS BAK.......in HD
Jak HD forum

Message 13 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Nov 8, 2009

latinoman6 wrote:
Whatever, I still like the game.

I'm not saying DON'T get it.This is just my impression of the game and its pros and cons. 

Photobucket

Message 14 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2127 posts

Nov 8, 2009
you cant roll? wow... i used to roll all the time lol
Message 15 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Nov 8, 2009
I haven't beaten the game yet, but it's ok. Really feel like playing R&C Future a Crack in Time because of some of the cons and no trophies. It's ok but one thing I don't like in the HIP Jak game is the dialouge. Ex. Keira talking to Jak and Phoenix: "Can you two just make a truce until we find the seeker? Shake on it." Sounds like something from a superhero cartoon TV show with cheesy dialouge. Don't get me wrong I still will beat the game. I do like that the sound of the Precursor orbs being gotten in the game. Sounds exactly like TPL.
Stuff
Message 16 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes