Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 19 2013
By: ryannumber3gamer Sackboy 503 posts

What does everyone think is the best Jak game?

24 replies 561 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

Well with the trilogy now out on Vita, I thought i might as well ask what is everyone's favourite Jak game?

The games are...

Jak & Daxter the Precursor Legacy

Jak 2 Renegade

Jak 3

Jak X

Daxter

Jak & Daxter The Lost Frontier.

Personally mine is Jak 3. I liked how ND fixed how hard Jak 2 was. The story was great but not as good as Jak 2's. Jak had a great personality this time around making jokes sometimes while still being dark. The gameplay was great as well with the new guns, new Dark Jak powers and Light Jak.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Re: What does everyone think is the best Jak game?

Jul 19, 2013
The original. By far.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Jul 19, 2013
You can argue that the fist game is Mario 64. I disagree. To the people that think that, I would say Jak 1 is Mario 64 as much as Jak 2/3 are GTA.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (549 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10973 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy has been the leading favorite since the beginning. While the later games were good (well, some of them), they just weren't the same as the first one. Jak II took a note from Grand Theft Auto and crammed the world with guns and vehicles. It's a mess compared to the first game. Jak 3 similarly followed the second one. While there was less of a fuss, the game still has its own share of problems (particularly when it comes to skidding around the desert and having constant waves of enemies blasting you from all corners).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11061 posts

Jul 21, 2013
Jak 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 21, 2013

I like the three of them, but I feel that in jak 2 there are too many flying vehicles and it's impossible to enjoy the ride, also many of them are difficult to handle, except the small ones; and finally, there are too many guards constantly shooting at you. Also, having to walk around the same city over and over again can become a bit tedious.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 26, 2013

In my opinion, Jak 3 is the best Jak game. I loved the constant battle raging around Haven City and taking on wave after wave of the marauders in the wasteland.  Also, it wasn't as frustrating as Jak 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Jul 28, 2013
They definitely got the difficulty right on Jak 3
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2152 posts

Jul 29, 2013

The first one, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. Mainly because it is a pure platformer (like Spyro and Crash in that respect) without the guns and Jak trying to hard to be cool and edgy.

I still like Jak 2 and Jak 3 (some of the platforming sections in them are really fun too), its just that the first one takes the cake for me personally.

PSN ID: Yawnier, feel free to add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (488 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18240 posts

Jul 30, 2013
For me, besides Jak X, the main 3 games just got better as time went on. My favorites are this:

Jak 3
Jak 2 Renegade
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

They are all fun games, but they personally got better as the series went on. Jak X is in a league of its own, so I didn't include that.

I never played Daxter, so I can't comment. I saw a playthrough of TLF on Youtube and dare not mention it.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (483 Views)