Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 13 2013
By: Kinneia First Son 15 posts

Will We See JAK 4 on the Playstation 4?

14 replies 662 views Edited Mar 13, 2013
This is just about my last hope for gaming nowadays. In the past 7 years, other genres and fun games have been choked out relentlessly by violent killing games. Ive not bought a new game for playstation in SEVEN years. Thats right. The last new release I got for the franchise was on the ps2.

Im a mega fan of the jak series and ive been waiting almost a decade for a new jak game. There hasn't been anything coming out recently that can entertain me the way jak has (and still does). I mean , with these killing games, how many different stories and ways can you brutally kill someone before you say "thats enough. I'm tired of it" ?

Ive got big hopes for the ps4 and I really hope that jak will see his return then. Maybe the gaming industry well see the ps4 as a new start and give the killing games a rest.

With the next generation of console begins a new era of gaming. Please dont drop the ball this time and let us down.please...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (662 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Will See JAK 4 on the Playstation 4?

Mar 13, 2013
This is just about my last hope for gaming nowadays. In the past 7 years, other genres and fun games have been choked out relentlessly by violent killing games. Ive not bought a new game for playstation in SEVEN years. Thats right. The last new release I got for the franchise was on the ps2.

Im a mega fan of the jak series and ive been waiting almost a decade for a new jak game. There hasn't been anything coming out recently that can entertain me the way jak has (and still does). I mean , with these killing games, how many different stories and ways can you brutally kill someone before you say "thats enough. I'm tired of it" ?

Ive got big hopes for the ps4 and I really hope that jak will see his return then. Maybe the gaming industry well see the ps4 as a new start and give the killing games a rest.

With the next generation of console begins a new era of gaming. Please dont drop the ball this time and let us down.please...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (664 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10989 posts

Re: Will We See JAK 4 on the Playstation 4?

Mar 13, 2013

You know, even Jak defeats enemies. In the second and third entries, the Jak and Daxter franchise was transformed into a Grand Theft Auto-like clone with a larger world to explore, hoverjet vehicles gliding all around to grab, and guns to upgrade and utilize. Jak's franchise is certainly a less violent game than say a Resident Evil, but there's definitely cartoon violence emanating from the product.

If you haven't played a game in seven years, how are you so dissuaded by the crop of games over this past generation? Well, I can see if you're just not interested in killing games. But, that doesn't mean all games released over the course of the PlayStation 3 generation have been massively bloody. There's inspired titles like Journey, Portal 2, Flower, and Plants vs. Zombies that come to mind when thinking about games that don't feature killing sprees by the player. Naughty Dog's Uncharted series definitely had a bit more of a mature theme than the Jak series does, although the games were still very fun to play.

The question being though whether we'll see Naughty Dog return to the Jak franchise is up in the air. There's been talk of Naughty Dog having scraps of progress they made in designing a potential Jak 4 at one time, but that never came to be. Right now Naughty Dog is hashing out their upcoming release of The Last of Us, which like Uncharted will have a more mature grip on players compared to their earlier Crash and Jak days. What Naughty Dog could be working on for the PlayStation 4 isn't known just yet. With the studio split up now, could that mean they'll be taking time to delve into rejuvenating former projects? Who knows.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (642 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Moved from the Role Playing Games section. :womantongue:

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I loved Jak 2 and 3, to see it get replaced by uncharted disappointed me greatly. I'm not saying I dislike the uncharted series because I don't, but the Jak series had a decent story, fun combat and interesting characters. I feel with 4 they have room to keep the humor, but also add a more mature story to appeal to its ps2 generation fans. I'm just befuddled, Rachet and Clank and Sly Cooper stayed alive, yet one of the best platforming games of its time was scrapped by Naughty Dog.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (615 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I know there have been a few games to come out on the ps3 that dont feature killing (like those you mention). The unfair thing is the ratio though. Theres tons of killers out there, but only a few that aren't. Ive seen and heard about journey, and considering buying it. I even looked up ps3 greatest hits and I saw only a few games that could be played by kids, or that had some other story than just kill kill shoot kill.

Thats why im looking to the future with ps4. Maybe we'll get a rest from this type of game dominating the console. Its just not fair to the whole group of gamers if developors only choose to put one type of game out there and overtake everything else thats different.

And also, I was VERY happy when journey won at the VGA's.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Why didn't you buy Jak & Daxter Trilogy for ps3? It's the best of Jak so far, with nice visuals and 60 fps. It's looking stunning on 52" TV. I can truly notice so many details in the game now. I still own all the Jak's games from ps2 and I couldn't resist the ps3 one. I was angry with ND and SP then they didn't provide me a games with my favourite ps2 characters on ps3, but changed my mind when I fist played Uncharted and InFamous. Uncharted is fun game and accually I prefer inFamous over Sly. However I hope to play another Jak game. Mayby one day.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I want to see a new Jak and Daxter game on the PS4! Why can't they make it? It's been too long!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (549 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I still have hope for Jak. It would be a BEYOND stupid descision to scrap Jak and Daxter forever. I think they should give it another try, and I think they will. If they're in it for the money, I can guarantee you they'll get it, because we fans want it bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (455 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I thoroughly agree with you.  It seems there's only bloody, racing and kiddie available out now and these don't give me an incentive to purchase a new system.  Call me old-fashioned, but I like platformer games with hilarious cut-scenes that haven't been made for kids 9 and under.  I'm 36, female and a working professional ... platformer games were my stress outlet (and likely saved some lives in my old office) but I haven't found a game in long time that I've enjoyed as much as the original Jak and Daxter series (other than Ratchet and Clank).  Come on Naughty Dog . . . what gives?!?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (453 Views)
0 Likes