Dec 31 2013
By: SolarasOfAviat First Son 1 posts

anyone out there???

4 replies 674 views Edited Dec 31, 2012
I'd like to play journey with someone other then myself. If anyone is on please post in this forum. It'd be my first time so if you could fill me in on how multiplayer works with it, that'd be great.
Message 1 of 5 (674 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11297 posts

Re: anyone out there???

Jan 2, 2013

Journey's multiplayer is somewhat unique in that there is no direct way to connect to someone specific. There is no 'invite to lobby' option in the game, since Journey's about taking a stroll with someone unknown through the rolling desert sands and howling snow-filled mountains. If you're ready to take a trip with someone, all you have to do is hop on and go for it.  No doubt you'll find someone patrolling the game, as it's a well-liked multiplayer benchmark from the year that has passed.

Message 2 of 5 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Why not just add people that want to play Journey to Your friends list and chat before you go in game so that you both are on the same page ?????

Message 3 of 5 (514 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Apr 19, 2013

vizio57 wrote:

Why not just add people that want to play Journey to Your friends list and chat before you go in game so that you both are on the same page ?????

I agree.  I chalk it up to making it a challenge to memorize the Glyphs on the front of the Robes, and playing enough to coordinate with others.

Just the same, getting the Trophy for completing the Journey twice with the same person is harder for this reason.

Moble

Message 4 of 5 (508 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8918 posts

May 13, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I agree.  I chalk it up to making it a challenge to memorize the Glyphs on the front of the Robes, and playing enough to coordinate with others.

Just the same, getting the Trophy for completing the Journey twice with the same person is harder for this reason.

Moble

Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of trying to log in at the same time to play with a specific companion.  My wife and I have even had trouble trying to connect to each other, and we are both in the same house.  I suspect having the same public IP may have something to do with it, but we have successfully connected a couple of times, so it's not completely preventing us from connecting.

As for the trophies...  there's no trophy for completing the game twice with the same companion, there are trophies for completing the game with a companion (just walking into the light with a companion - "Crossing") and for completing the majority of the Journey with the same companion (which is actually the last two levels - meet a companion as you walk into the temple from the underground and finish the game with them will unlock the trophy- "Companion").

A player's symbol will change every time they finish the game, so tracking players from playthrough to playthrough by the ingame symbol doesn't work that way.

As for a good time to play to meet other players...  I recently posted a Community Events thread.  Try playing at those event times, and you are sure to run into a companion.

Also, feel free to check in over at thatgamecompany's official Journey forum.  It is much more active than the Journey forum here, as it is multi-regional, and there are a lot of EU and JP players registered there that Journey regularly.

site_logo.png

Message 5 of 5 (473 Views)