Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Re: Killzone 2 Servers are getting upgraded

Dec 8, 2009
Hopefully the EU / NA connections are a bit more stable.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 11 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

Dec 8, 2009

ClinToN wrote:

True when I play this game online I almost have to stick to US servers......... If anybody from the EU connects the whole server starts to lag like a truck stuck in a mud flat......... But if I go on to a EU server I'm 50% of the time going to be ok with the lag.......... It's wired like that IMHO.

It's good to know as with all the Black Firday sales come Christmas lord knows we will need those extra servers, and upgrades to keep up with all the new players. (At least 4 major retailers in the US where selling a PS3 slim bundle with Killzone 2, and LittleBigPlanet packed into the box) IMHO a great deal, but it means there will be a large influx of new PS3 gamers soon so this should be done for all games!

IE Even one store I saw had a deal where you could buy a LG HDTV, and then get a free 250GB PS3 slim, and your selection of 2 games, 1 movie, and a HD cable............ That was quite a deal for only $1000.00 The HDTV was nothing to sniff at ether the LG model was a 120Hrz 1080p 46inch HDTV.............. (That would of been sweet!)

Message 12 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Dec 8, 2009

Gunwing wrote:

ClinToN wrote:

True when I play this game online I almost have to stick to US servers......... If anybody from the EU connects the whole server starts to lag like a truck stuck in a mud flat......... But if I go on to a EU server I'm 50% of the time going to be ok with the lag.......... It's wired like that IMHO.

It's good to know as with all the Black Firday sales come Christmas lord knows we will need those extra servers, and upgrades to keep up with all the new players. (At least 4 major retailers in the US where selling a PS3 slim bundle with Killzone 2, and LittleBigPlanet packed into the box) IMHO a great deal, but it means there will be a large influx of new PS3 gamers soon so this should be done for all games!

IE Even one store I saw had a deal where you could buy a LG HDTV, and then get a free 250GB PS3 slim, and your selection of 2 games, 1 movie, and a HD cable............ That was quite a deal for only $1000.00 The HDTV was nothing to sniff at ether the LG model was a 120Hrz 1080p 46inch HDTV.............. (That would of been sweet!)

I think its the same problem for me if a Japanese guy joins the EU server. It will lag like crazy. I never managed to have a lag free game for ages now and I have also never managed to play a EU server without the japanese in for the same length of time. Its more than coincidence.

I think they must think the people who play the EU servers are hopeless because they keep kicking our asses. I dont think they realise half of us find them bullet proof.

It would be better for the game if people who were going to lag would get stopped at the sync screen like they used to do. I couldnt join a japanese game when it first got released over there because I got an error which probably meant I would of lagged anyway. Now I can because they "fixed it".

Message Edited by lhopethisisfree on 12-08-2009 08:37 AM
Message 13 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

Dec 8, 2009

lhopethisisfree wrote:

Gunwing wrote:

ClinToN wrote:

I think its the same problem for me if a Japanese guy joins the EU server. It will lag like crazy. I never managed to have a lag free game for ages now and I have also never managed to play a EU server without the japanese in for the same length of time. Its more than coincidence.

I think they must think the people who play the EU servers are hopeless because they keep kicking our asses. I dont think they realise half of us find them bullet proof.

It would be better for the game if people who were going to lag would get stopped at the sync screen like they used to do. I couldnt join a japanese game when it first got released over there because I got an error which probably meant I would of lagged anyway. Now I can because they "fixed it".

Message Edited by lhopethisisfree on 12-08-2009 08:37 AM

True...... Its the same with most PC games as well I like to play on BF2 EU servers but some times I get booted out right due to my ping...... Other times I just fail to connect, and still other times I just have a lag fest in the game to the point where I just leave the server. I like that they opened up the regions thats great for online play, but unless they can get the servers to work for it like they did for Warhawk/COD4/CODMW2, and the like they should keep it closed IMHO.

Message 14 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3320 posts

Dec 9, 2009
anyone know what it did?
Message 15 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Dec 9, 2009
It would be nice if we had some kind of info regarding what shiny new parts will do for our gaming? SEB?
Message 16 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4088 posts

Dec 9, 2009
If I was to guess, I doubt that it would affect us at all. It's probably something more for maintaining them
Custard - Smacked On Your Gob!
Deus Ex Trout
Message 17 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Dec 9, 2009

xLOADEDxBULLETx wrote:
anyone know what it did?

I'm not sure it even happened. It may have done but I don't think it changed anything if it did. Saying that it wasn't too bad tonight, but I think thats down to the luck of who entered the game. Only about 3 laggers and 1 teleporter in 4 games, thats not bad. Execpt it was the same 3 laggers and teleporter in all 4 games.
Message Edited by lhopethisisfree on 12-08-2009 06:06 PM
Message 18 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5298 posts

Dec 9, 2009

Now I know for a fact over the next couple months (December,January and February) Sony plains on adding more server for the PSN to make operate quicker and more stable. It would only make sense they would be doing maintenance to the game servers as well. Part of the reason would be general improvement of the network and also to increase the capacity load do to the increased sales of the PSN due the price drop and holiday season shopping.

I know they've worked on the servers for

Buzz! Quiz TV
Buzz! Brain of ...
Buzz! Quiz World
Singstar
MotorStorm
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Wipeout HD/Fury
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Home
Formula One: Championship Edition

and the following websites as well.

Killzone.com 

mybuzzquiz.com
vip.motorstorm.com

PlayStation.com

PlayStation Blog

They may have or may be working on others but those are on the only ones I know for sure. 

I also notice that their has been issues signing in on various Sony aka Sony websites into your PSN ID from time to time as well. I have to believe this is some how contacted to this but I can't say it's an official issue with the servers due to upgrade or what have.  

Message 19 of 25 (4 Views)
Sackboy
479 posts

Dec 9, 2009
I really wish they had added a couple of dedicated servers just for the new maps. There are hardly any with the DLC which makes it seem like a bit of a waste of money. Unfortunately those games that do have the DLC in rotation also usually have the retarded rocket spammers enabled. Hope in KZ3 there are dedicated servers and no poorly thought out assault class.
Message 20 of 25 (4 Views)
0 Likes