Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 26 2011
By: Aceolus- First Son 11 posts

Guerrilla Games, Please add LAN to Killzone 3!

9 replies 111 views Edited Dec 26, 2010

Guerrilla please support your competitive community and add LAN support to Killzone 3!

Personally I'm a competitive gamer and play in competitive gaming leagues such as MLG "Major League Gaming" and I would really love to see the game be played at their tournments but without LAN that's not going to happen.

What Killzone 3 needs for LAN

1. Some type of lobby system - Like Halo 3's LAN, you can basically join a lobby and setup a games rules and everything just like you could in a Custom Game/Private Match. I'm pointing out teh lobby system specifically because there is game out there that have LAN but it's unusable Like Call of Duty Black Ops. Black Ops has LAN but do to the LAN nothaving a lobby system the host must start the match then all the other players have to join in, the problem with this is even when joining as fast as possible the host still gets atleast a 3 second headstart and this simply will not work for tournmant gameplay.

2. Ability to save custom GameTypes/Settings - Like Halo 3 being able to cusomize your own GameTypes is great but in Games like Call of Duty Black Ops where you cannot save the custom gametypes/settings on LAN can be a problem. This is a problem mainly because having to recreate the proper gametypes over and over can take time to ensure the right settings are correctly in place and in tournaments time can become very crucial and having to spend extra time on getting the settings right isn't helpful. Also not being able to save cusome GameTypes/Settings on LAN can create more opportunities for players to accidently not get all of the settings correct and this can be a real problem at tournmaents not only because the game would have to be replayed but because time is crucial for tournmaents in order to be on schedule and if their was a mistake in the settings and the games had to be replayed then this could become a major time problem for tournaments.

3. Ability to Lock/Close party - Like Halo 3 This option is also somthing pretty helpful that should be included to the LAN. This is very helpful to tournmants especially large scale ones when many consoles are all hooked into one LAN system/hub and make sure that any players don't accidently join the wrong game and interrupt another players match and cause an interference and the other players game have to be restarted.

4. Ability to Splitscreen/LAN - Like Halo 3 you can have multiple players on a console while playing on LAN. Like for an example in a 4v4 competiton tournaments use only 2 TV's and PS3's per team to cut the cost of the equipment needed in order to be able to run the game. Basically instead of having to get 8 TV's and 8 PS3's you would only nessarly need 4 TV's and 4 PS3's and have 2 players per TV and PS3. This makes running tournaments a hell of alot more convient.

Sorry for my giant wall of text but I think Killzone is to good of a game for me not to speak out on it.

Guerrilla Games, I love you guys and I love Killzone but I also love to play competitively at LAN tournmaents and LAN parties and I'm not going to be able to do either of those unless you add LAN support in Killzone 3.

Please don't let me and the rest of your hardcore competitive community down, I've already had enough of letdowns with Game Developers like Infinity Ward not listeing to their competitive fans and not supporting their players and games with LAN. There is nothing to lose by adding LAN support but there is all to gain.

Message 1 of 10 (111 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Re: Guerrilla Games, Please add LAN to Killzone 3!

Dec 26, 2010

totally agree with ur post

there is NOTHING to lose tbh

and LAN support isnt only for tourneys but also when friends are over

too many devs have lost what made gaming fun before online play and that was LAN parties with a bunch of friends

i would love to see both killzone 3 and socom 4 fully support LAN tbh

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10 (111 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Dec 26, 2010

IIn3wII_NuMb3rZ wrote:

totally agree with ur post

there is NOTHING to lose tbh

and LAN support isnt only for tourneys but also when friends are over

too many devs have lost what made gaming fun before online play and that was LAN parties with a bunch of friends

i would love to see both killzone 3 and socom 4 fully support LAN tbh

Exactly! adding LAN support to the game is a win win situation with nothing to lose but all to gain. LAN would be extremely beneficial to the competitive side of the game but also like you said it would be really good for LAN parties and hanging out with friends. I've never been a big fan of the game Halo but I've always had a blast playing with people In real life and meeting new friends at LAN's. Now if LAN alone made the game that much better and more fun I can't even imagine how awesome Killzone 3 would be if it had LAN.

Message 3 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Dec 28, 2010

LAN would be much appreciated, it would certainly get the commpetitive scene going a bit more.

Message 4 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Dec 28, 2010

LAN support would be awesome, and you get it in a sense with botzone. However pure old-school LAN support would be hard to implement and many developers (like blizzard) have removed LAN support from games that already had it. I'd love to see the feature but I cannot see it happening in the traditional sense so close to release.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 29, 2010

@C1U7CH_P4ND4

Yeah definitely, a full 100% benefit to the competitive community and  also to the casual community as well. LAN is such an important feature.

@Hungry_Xenomorph

I don't care how hard it is to put LAN in a game, it's somthing that many fans need and it's somthing that will benefit the game and make it better. Anyone can say somthing is to hard and not do it but the people that quit crying and actually make the change is somthing that will make the game better for everyone. I really hope that Guerrilla Games is going to be the company that steps up and adds LAN support to Killzone 3. I realize how close it is until the realease of Killzone 3 and it may not be the time required to put a working LAN system in Killzone 3 but Guerrilla could just release a patch adding LAN support and I would be perfectly fine with that.

Message 6 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Dec 29, 2010

I miss the quote button :smileysad:

Message 7 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Aceolus- wrote:

@C1U7CH_P4ND4

Yeah definitely, a full 100% benefit to the competitive community and  also to the casual community as well. LAN is such an important feature.

@Hungry_Xenomorph

I don't care how hard it is to put LAN in a game, it's somthing that many fans need and it's somthing that will benefit the game and make it better. Anyone can say somthing is to hard and not do it but the people that quit crying and actually make the change is somthing that will make the game better for everyone. I really hope that Guerrilla Games is going to be the company that steps up and adds LAN support to Killzone 3. I realize how close it is until the realease of Killzone 3 and it may not be the time required to put a working LAN system in Killzone 3 but Guerrilla could just release a patch adding LAN support and I would be perfectly fine with that.

LAN isn't something you can just "patch in". Co-op and 3D/move support are some of the new features they've added. Those are huge steps to implement and I'd rather them focus on making match making servers better than throwing together some shoddy LAN support. Like I said before, botzone is offline multiplayer and co-op will be offline as well. Great features to play with your friends. LAN support isn't stopping it from tournaments and everything its the supporting sponsors and a lack of willingess for whatever reason. I'd love every feature in a FPS game too but I don't think you realize the scope and skill it takes to make a graphics giant like Killzone 3.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2011

Please GG add LAN
We need this for Tournaments

we are organising one in Germany Please supports us

apeX-eSports.de

Message 9 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Feb 28, 2011

they wont due to hacking. this is sony not GG

Message 10 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes