Jan 29 2011
By: Jsnows007 Hekseville Citizen 286 posts

i know its been said but score pop ups.....

30 replies 47 views Edited Jan 29, 2011

suck. i mean a huge bold white 100 RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the screen everytime i get a kill kinda blows. maybe if it was smaller or more to the bottom of the screen but oh well i will love this game even more then i did kz2 and i had over 250 hours in that one

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Re: i know its been said but score pop ups.....

Jan 29, 2011

And as motherh has already said.... "There are no plans to change it"

There's a chance that it could be fixed in an update but any threads after this point is beating a dead horse. They already have the feedback and they chose to keep going their direction.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Still, it saddens that something as simple as a number in the middle of the screen becomes an annoyance. When you lookf for the kill the last thing you want to deal with is something that bothers YOU. -_-

GG should reconsider.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (47 Views)
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 29, 2011

or at least patch in an OPTION to remove it. Not a huge deal but yeah it's annoying and doesn't seem like a hard patch (but what do I know?)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (47 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I mean seriously, is it THAT hard to add an option to remove them? Why the hell did they add them anyway? To make the gameplay trailers look more appealing to CoD fans? Or is it because the CoD halfwits can't tell if they got a kill unless these giant words pop up in the middle of your screen?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2694 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I may be wrong or perhaps they may deny it, but I think one of the reasons the points pop-ups were added was precisely to appeal to the COD crowd. Also, most FPS these days have some form of point pop-ups. Even Uncharted 2 has them, and that's a TPS. It doesn't bother me at all, really. But I understand the complaints. GG should have added an option to disable them, just like you can disable the HUD. Shouldn't be hard to do and they will please most people.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Jan 29, 2011

At least it goes away pretty quickly. However I have always been an advocate for keeping the original green text in the top right corner.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
425 posts

Jan 29, 2011

i  don't get  the purpose of it

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jan 29, 2011

When Uncharted 2 had it, it was in the corner of the screen (on my SD TV I can barely even see it). IMO Killzone 2 had it right. I liked the green number in the corner and the chirp. Actually, the chirp was good enough for me since it chirps for every point you get. It's quite clear that this is for the CoD people but what I don't understand is why we can't have an option to turn it off. Technically it shouldn't be a problem at all. I wish they could give us an answer...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (47 Views)
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Kharingin wrote:

Or is it because the CoD halfwits can't tell if they got a kill unless these giant words pop up in the middle of your screen?

That's what the chirp is for, right? The chirp is how you do it. Easily indicated a kill, doesn't get in the way, and is oh so gratifying!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (47 Views)