Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 16 2011
By: SicFounder First Son 2 posts

Killzone 3 on a 3G network?

4 replies 297 views Edited Oct 16, 2011

Recently ordered KZ3 and it'll be here Wednesday. But I forgot to factor in the fact that I use Sprint 3G for internet. On MW3 and Black Ops, it really kills the experience. I get two maybe three 3 bars. But the Call of duty games do no use dedicated servers, so there is no definite nearby connection for me, it's just 100% random. Does KZ3 use dedicated? Or would 3G be fine on KZ3 to play online?

3G = 512k

Cable is typically 1mb+

Also, there's no 4G in my area, and according to Sprint, the priority in my area is so low it will take them 5 years plus to convert the towers to 4G and by then who knows how many G's we'll have.

Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Re: Killzone 3 on a 3G network?

Oct 20, 2011

KZ3 is peer to peer the same as COD. Really have no idea youre managing to use your 3g plan. The speeds might be fast but the pings are terrible.

Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Oct 26, 2011

SicFounder wrote:

Recently ordered KZ3 and it'll be here Wednesday. But I forgot to factor in the fact that I use Sprint 3G for internet. On MW3 and Black Ops, it really kills the experience. I get two maybe three 3 bars. But the Call of duty games do no use dedicated servers, so there is no definite nearby connection for me, it's just 100% random. Does KZ3 use dedicated? Or would 3G be fine on KZ3 to play online?

3G = 512k

Cable is typically 1mb+

Also, there's no 4G in my area, and according to Sprint, the priority in my area is so low it will take them 5 years plus to convert the towers to 4G and by then who knows how many G's we'll have.

Thanks for any input!

Just out of curiousity,  do you have wi-fi?

I sometimes use my phone for wi-fi tethering to play online as I've got a fatboy and have to share my ethernet cable sometimes.

Photobucket

Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Nov 2, 2011

MistaSpin wrote:

SicFounder wrote:

3G = 512k

Cable is typically 1mb+

Thanks for any input!

Just out of curiousity,  do you have wi-fi?

I sometimes use my phone for wi-fi tethering to play online as I've got a fatboy and have to share my ethernet cable sometimes.

Wow that really sucks. Why dont you just get on a plan for a lan line through a communications people you live near. You really need cable internet to fully enjoy online gaming anymore.

Message 4 of 5 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Yeah even with inet through cable I get a few hicups or drops so good luck.
Message 5 of 5 (291 Views)
0 Likes