Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 18 2011
By: WhorrorPrincess Lombax Warrior 180 posts

Killzone Story Question

12 replies 335 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

So, I just beat the first Killzone, and I was curious how much Killzone Liberation effects the story?

I pretty much only played the first Killzone for the story, so that I can play the second one, and so on, but I just realized the PSP game, which apparently is a "sequel" and takes place 4 months (?) after.

Should I play Killzone Liberation first?

Raptr Forum Signature

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: Killzone Story Question

Apr 18, 2011

I havent finished liberation just the other 3 KZ. My psp stopped reading UMds just after I started it. I guess liberation starts 2 months after the first KZ and it takes place on Vetka. It might be worth it to play through and finsh the story because it does add to the over all experience, but you could just read the story and save time and thumb cramps! I didnt feel I needed to finish the game to understand what happened after reading the overview. Its all up to you!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Apr 18, 2011

Hmmm..

Then I suppose my new question would be:

Does Killzone 2 have any reference to Liberation at all?

If not, then Liberation would be irrelevant anyways.

Raptr Forum Signature

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Killzone 2 takes place around 2 yrs after liberation on the Helghasts planet. I dont recall there being any references to liberation but as I said before I never finished it. Liberation does have some cool elements like helghast dogs and other things I cant remember, but I dont think you will miss much of the story. I would move on to KZ2, maybe do a quick readup on wiki for the liberation story. I wish they remastered the first Killzone with trophies so I could refresh myself on the begining. Wikipedia has a detailed story line for all the games, and this link has a cool timeline.http://www.killzone.com/kz/storyline.psml Hurry and get up to speed on KZ3!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Apr 19, 2011

lolz Sounds like a plan.

Thanks.

Raptr Forum Signature

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6970 posts

Apr 19, 2011

WhorrorPrincess wrote:

Hmmm..

Then I suppose my new question would be:

Does Killzone 2 have any reference to Liberation at all?

If not, then Liberation would be irrelevant anyways.

Raptr Forum Signature "I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe

A major plot point in KZ2 and one of the characters is from Liberation.  Also some of the side chatter references Liberation. Also play it  because it is a great game.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I will eventually get back to it, but need a downloadable version. Also the nukes the Helghast have, were taken in liberation. Templar and Rico are also in Liberation. So i guess there is some story you will gain playing it, and from ive read its not that long so you might not lose functionality of your thumb for days. So far I liked KZ2 story the best.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (335 Views)
Survivor
2595 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Killzone 2 is technically a sequel to liberation. There are a few key moments in liberation that show up into KZ2.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (335 Views)
Wastelander
830 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Akirasolid wrote:

Killzone 2 is technically a sequel to liberation. There are a few key moments in liberation that show up into KZ2.

I would think of KZ2 as more of a "continuation" of Liberation and a sequel to the first.

The same can be said of the next handheld version which will appear on the Vita.  But certainly WhorrorPrincess,  you should play all four games from KZ, to KZ3.   I for one, find the whole series to be really good fun and intense.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5258 posts

Dec 3, 2011

To be more immersed into the game, you should play all the games.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes