Dec 16 2012
By: EKGProductions Hekseville Citizen 374 posts

No Surround Sound in Killzone HD?

1 replies 414 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

Hey, just spent $15 on Killzone HD, and was astonished to see it didn't have any surround sound. Is this true, or am I just missing something? It sounds so terrible just coming through on the front speakers when you're used to full surround sound. Not only that, the sound that does come through doesn't sound like it was updated at all. It's so fuzzy and jarring. I have read every single review for this game, and not a single one mentioned the lack of surround sound. Either I am missing something, or reviewers aren't doing their jobs as usual. The whole point of an HD Collection is to update an older game to the standards of today. If there is no surround sound, half of the point was completely missed. Am I the one missing something here, or did Sony?

-
-
-
-
-

I'm tired of trying.
Message 1 of 2 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: No Surround Sound in Killzone HD?

Dec 22, 2012

Hey, I was having the same issue. Considering I am a huge audiophile this was driving me nuts. But I did get surround sound working, complete with bass and everything! The audio isn't actually that bad! I had to change the audio settings on my PS3. I am using a HDMI cable and I only had Dolby Digital and DTS selected. I went back picked the "automatic" sound settings. That clicked a bunch of the PCM ones... Now I get surround sound when I play Killzone HD. My receiver shows up as "PCM" when it usually says Dolby or DTS when I play games. I hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions!

Message 2 of 2 (397 Views)
0 Likes