Mar 21 2013
By: UnrealButcher Uncharted Territory 1507 posts

PSV Killzone Mercenary thread Round Up...

[ Edited ]
4 replies 1058 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

With PapaWarlock taking me up on my suggestion to make a thread for upcoming PS Vita games. I figured I'd make a thread that can link all the previous threads relating to Killzone: Mercenaries for the Vita.

Credits go to the people that started each thread. Sorry they aren't in order by date. The yellow used below is the threads title and link to it, below that is the OP's post.

Feel free to add additional information if you'd like, or post a link to a thread you may have started on the subject.

Killzone: Mercenary "War is our Business" Trailer + Release Date

ArnotS2 wrote:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe confirmed today that we will be seeing Killzone: Mercenary by the end of the year. September 18th to be exact, the date is quite far off but it could be a turning point for the Vita's life.

Killzone: Mercenary is the fifth game in the series, and the second one to be released on a portable gaming system. Mercenary does mark the first time the franchise has been on the Vita though as well as the first title to be developed outside of Guerrilla's Amsterdam studio. Mercenary is being developed by Guerrilla Cambridge.

Killzone: Mercenary was one of the first games shown off for the Vita and we have been waiting ever since. For all those who have played the console releases of the Killzone series, Mercenary may not ever match up. But it will definitely come very close, being able to bring the futuristic shooter anywhere is a big deal.

GT KIllzone Mercenary Interview

yapyap898 wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/jth58y/killzone--mercenary-killzone--mercenary---green-vita-inter...

Shows extra gameplay within the interview.

Looks pretty awesome to me.

Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway info on polish magazine

remanutd5 wrote:

http://www.ppe.pl/news-20440-PSX_Extreme_185_od_srody_w_kioskach!.html can somedoby translate into english? those killzone Mercenary screens look really good.

Killzone Mercenary RAW Gameplay [VAN-GUARD]

ArnotS2 wrote:

Killzone: Mercernary: A real Vita FPS finally arrives

Killzone: Mercenary swoops in to save the day with real, console-quality [I hate when people say that about portable games] FPS action. Those dual analog sticks? Put to great use with classic Killzone gameplay. Actually, everything in and on the Vita has been put to good use in this game, with everything from graphics hardware to the touchscreen working together to make what's shaping up to easily be the best shooter on the system.

Despite the change in tone, this is a true Killzone game on a handheld. It looks and feels just like a Killzone title, running off a Vita-ized Killzone 3 engine. Compromises? I don't see them. When you finally witness this game running for yourself, I'm certain you'll be wowed. From both live gameplay and in example footage of various graphical effects, using everything from HDR to dynamic lights to volumetric fog, it's clear that Guerrilla Cambridge is not jacking around when it comes to showing off what a high-quality Vita game can look like. There's no one out there that is going to say that this doesn't look good.

And in keeping with the Killzone-ness of it all, Mercenary is even set in the time of previous games. Series fans will find themselves in familiar situations, though the view will be quite different in playing as a gun for hire. The liberation of Vetka? You're there. You'll also play a part in the invasion of Helghan during the time of Killzone 2.

Killzone: Mercenary looks fantastic and feels natural, has a sizable single-player mission and solid multiplayer, and isn't compromised or rushed in any way. That's all we've been wanting. Finally.

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/killzone-mercernary-a-real-vita-fps-finally-arrives-243677.phtml#VIPIeAkE...

KZ: Mercenaries. "You'd think you were playing a PS3 game."

UnrealButcher wrote:

In this latest IGN video talking about Killzone: Mercenaries I liked hearing (at 2:34), "It's not only fun. It's incredibly beautiful. When I played it, the game was being funneled via HDMI cable to a television and you'd think you were playing a Playstation 3 game."

I like hearing stuff like this. Fun to play and graphics on par with the PS3. Can't wait.

Killzone Mercenary demo gameplay

remanutd5 wrote:

hey guys i dont know if this video has been posted here i cant find it anywhere 

what do you guys think?

New Killzone Mercenary Trailer!!

Mercenary09 wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/killzone-mercenary-trailer-2

Killzone Mercenary Interview with Guerilla Games and Gameplay PS Vita (2013)

UnrealButcher wrote:

I stumbled onto these interviews today that include gameplay footage of the upcoming PS Vita exclusive Killzone: Mercenary.

Oh and I'm no relation to the person that uploaded the video.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Update:

Beta opening to PS+ subscribers.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6192 posts

Re: PSV Killzone Mercenary thread Round Up...

Aug 7, 2013
Game looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

"No matter how hard you try... I guess you can't escape the past" - Joel

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Umm does anyone else think the beta is amazing for a first person vita shooter? Did not like COD for the vita, did not like the multiplayer for killzone 3 but I can't stop playing this beta!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I'm so glad to see a great FPS for the Vita after so long. Unit 13 was very disappointing and lacked a polished feel in many ways. Having the actual studio develop the game shows the extra work and effort.

Could anyone tell me if the Beta saved files will transfer over to the actual game when we pick it up? I noticed you can save the file to the cloud but I couldn't find any solid answer on this but I hope we can.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Beta saves do not transfer to Retail.

In service to each other, we become free...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (464 Views)
0 Likes