Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 18 2013
By: BambiStomper First Son 5 posts

I need help!

5 replies 111 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

I'm sorry but I had no idea where to post this, so I ended up here. I've had KH2 for a LONG time, recently I could not find it anywhere so I decided to get another copy, it came in the mail today, seemed to start working perfectly, not a scratch on it! Once everything gets loaded up and I try to start my save from level 26, BLACK SCREEN, nothing happens >.< does the same thing if I try to start a new game, or I'll get disc read error every once in a while, and it'll get to the playstation 2 screen at the beginning and BOOM, nothing, black screen again. KH1 works perfectly fine, which confuses me even more. It seems like every other game I have for PS2 works fine except this one. I really want to know if anyone else has had this problem and could possibly help me out, because KH2 is my FAVORITE of all the games and I really miss playing it :smileysad:

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Bronze Trophy Hunter
84 posts

Re: I need help!

Apr 19, 2013
What kind of ps2 do you have?A slim or the old thick one?If it's the old thick one it might be the lens is damaged if not then it could be your game.I had three old thick ps2's which only read certain games while others were either black screens or disc's wouldn't even start up.

"Fans who ditch a game because of the exclusion of a language they don't even speak were never fans to begin with."
Message 2 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2013

It's the thicker one, I've had it for I don't even know how many years. It's just strange cause it's only that game, I can play KH1 just fine. I even took the thing apart yesterday and cleaned all the dust out and it still won't work. It's just irritating cause I've been wanting to finish playing the game and idk what to do now >.<

Message 3 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2013
i bit of new info, i tried to run the game again and it goes to the ps2 home screen, black screen for like 20-30 mins the the KH2 opening, when trying to load save, black screen but i can hear like an ocean type noise, like waves ugh this is weird >.<
Message 4 of 6 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Bronze Trophy Hunter
84 posts

Apr 20, 2013
You might want to try out the game on a friends PS2 and see if it does the same things.If it doesn't then it could be your PS2 if not then it's a faulty game.

"Fans who ditch a game because of the exclusion of a language they don't even speak were never fans to begin with."
Message 5 of 6 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

May 1, 2013

It may be worth a shot to try changing your disc speed setting and the texture mapping setting on your PlayStation 2. It's possible that during cutscenes on certain games, these settings could cause a potential freeze on the system.

If that doesn't work, like Altair710 said, try it on another PlayStation 2 console at a friends, if possible. Then you will at least know if its a disc error or a system error. If it works on another PlayStation 2, there's probably some sort of issue with your specific console. You could submit a ticket to PlayStation support and have your console mailed in and looked at for problems, but that will cost at least the initial $50 for shipping. So, with that being said it's probably financially a better decision to just search for another PlayStation 2 console on Craigslist to purchase. I searched in my area (Minneapolis) and there were several consoles selling for between $40 and $100 depending on what accessories are included.

If the game doesn't work on another PlayStation 2 console, then it's likely an issue with the disc and thus I would see if you have any options from the site you bought it on to do an exchange or a refund.

Message 6 of 6 (57 Views)
0 Likes