Jun 12 2013
By: Dayed Hekseville Citizen 436 posts

Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to Xbox One (FFXV too)

12 replies 639 views Edited Jun 12, 2013

why are games that have been on one platform for a lifetime all a sudden start appearing on another competitors platform. First ff13 then metal gear now kingdom hearts why??

Message 1 of 13 (639 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to Xbox One (FFXV too)

Jun 12, 2013
because money.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 2 of 13 (630 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33791 posts

Jun 12, 2013

i cant see KH selling at all on any Xbox. its just not the type of game that will sell well with the general Xbox audience.

Message 3 of 13 (552 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7225 posts

Jun 13, 2013

On June 10 during an E3 press conference Shinji Hashimoto made a comment something along the lines of "in order to reach the higher number of fans, we have to be flexible with the consoles we release on" - or something to that effect.

It would be nice if it were a PS4 exclusive but I don't think it will have a negative effect on the number of PS4 users who purchase the game. If anyone out there plans on buying both an Xbox One and a PS4, they'll likely buy the PS4 version of the game due to PS4 having disc versions and fewer limitations on trading, selling and using games.

Message 4 of 13 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 13, 2013

At least it wont hold it back graphically. Im glad that fans will be able to play the Next staple in the KH series even if they are afflicted with such a console.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 13 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Jun 13, 2013

i guess the only positive way to view this is that more kingdom hearts fans like us will be able to experience it so we should be happy for all the fans out there even if they are playing on xbox

Message 6 of 13 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jun 13, 2013
* and Devil May Cry
Message 7 of 13 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Not happy at all about FF Versus XIII (XV) going multi-plat...

KH 3, I'm okay with. I'm glad that they finally made an announcement though.
Message 8 of 13 (262 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1995 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I think it's good that games like this go multi-platform so that it can attract a larger audience which I don't think is an issue at all.

I just hope that things turns out well for Square if they decide to take this step at least.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 13 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
I think it's good that games like this go multi-platform so that it can attract a larger audience which I don't think is an issue at all.

I just hope that things turns out well for Square if they decide to take this step at least.

I agree.  But am still a little bitter about Versus (XV). 

It's not as if the original KH games were revolutionary in any sort of major sense, per se. And while exclusives are always nice if you have that particular console, I'll be glad that this series gets to see more eyes. 

However, I'm afraid that the milking and endless sequels (which we've already kind of seen with the Nintendo hand-helds) will begin anew. I want KH 3, but I'm not sure I want KH 6... I think with KH 3 coming to PS4 and XOne, it will be a good "reason" for Square to continue expanding the story (at which point bcomes so muddled and drawn out, that in my case I ususally lose interest). 

Nevertheless, I am very thankful that Square has been working behind the scenes on something and I'm glad for the formal announcement. Perhaps Square can redeem themselves during this next-gen. Let's hope this doesn't reach vaporware or even Versus XIII status. 

Message 10 of 13 (233 Views)
0 Likes