Mar 19 2013
By: onecrzymffin Lombax Warrior 107 posts

Square Enix Made Some Bad Moves...

4 replies 303 views Edited Mar 19, 2013
This is all my opinion guys...

Honestly, I don't think Square Enix had a good idea switching all these systems for a KH game and making us wait almost 10 years for the 3rd game of the main series.

Kingdom Hearts will forever be my favorite game that has amazing storylines, but do you think Square Enix made the right moves? A PSP game was understandable, but the Nintendo Games? I truly think that many fans were forced into buying the game to keep in the series, but now it's dying out. I personally did not buy Dream Drop Distance personally because of the console switch. I want it for PS3. More importantly, I want KH3. I think we deserve some news on it's development because we've waited this long.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Square Enix Made Some Bad Moves...

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

I never understood why Square-Enix did that.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (291 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

Mar 20, 2013

The developer of KH said he wanted to branch out instead of just sticking to one system/ set of systems.

In fact, he hinted at the fact that the next KH title on consoles would be multiplatform.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (271 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10786 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Part of being a big business like Square Enix has become is merchandising. From their days of being RPG-driven to increasing their stable with all kinds of shooters, adventure games, and other things, Square turned the Kingdom Hearts franchise from a PlayStation 2 exclusive into a multiplatform grab that can be found on everything from a Nintendo handheld over to your mobile phone. Disney has such a wide appeal, it's little surprise Square Enix felt the need to keep the franchise in one plot of land.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9844 posts

Mar 28, 2013

1. Kingdom Hearts has a long and complex storyline. Multiple games and side-games seem necessary.

2. Multiple platforms help sales while getting a more variety of gamers to play. If you do not like multiplatforms, get the HD Collection.

3. Kingdom Hearts will be big. Really big. And considering that many Disney places are already taken and used, more creativity is necessary.

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (205 Views)
0 Likes