Nov 10 2012
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4521 posts

LBP Karting - Limited to just 2 Players Offline?!?!?

13 replies 21694 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

Please tell me this isn't true!   LBP & MNR all have 4 player offline support, why on earth would they limit LBP Karting to just 2?   I really hope this isn't true, and if it is that they are going to update this ASAP to support 4 players on the same console.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 14 (21,694 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: LBP Karting - Limited to just 2 Players Offline?!?!?

Nov 10, 2012
You Can Play 4-Player Offline Just not onlne when it saids wanna play online click on play on my own. And if your in story you have to play the vs level not not story level.

Message 2 of 14 (21,678 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Nov 10, 2012

kLuMb-Z wrote:
You Can Play 4-Player Offline Just not onlne when it saids wanna play online click on play on my own. And if your in story you have to play the vs level not not story level.

I think something got lost in translation... Can you clarify this a tad?   How exactly can you do a 4 player game (all players being on the same console).  Thanks.  It sounds like 4 player games are limited to just the VS levels and not available in the story levels, which again makes no sense as LBP always let you play with 4 players in story mode 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 3 of 14 (21,671 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Lets say you want to play garden grip story to collect some prize bubbles well you would go to story and click on garden grip. notice it dosnt have the VS at the end of it thats because its 1-2 player co-op. but if you dont want to play story just the story level go underneath garden grip and you'll see garden grip VS this is for 1-2 players online or 1-4 players offline. theres two of each story level look for one that has the VS. Sorry if this didn't help its kind of hard to explain.
Message 4 of 14 (21,660 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I feel somewhat conned, as on the back of the game's box, it clearly says 1-4 players ... which is true, but only for these mini games, such as the tank battle, where the game only needs one screen for all 4 players, or the RC races, where the game splits into 4 separate screens.

However, me, my brother and Dad tried to play the other night, so 3-players ... and we were confused to find that we couldn't play any of the main levels: Garden Grip, After The Wedding, Turtle Island, Mine the Gap, any user-created main level ... you know, the main aspect of the game, not a mini game?

We turned on the 3rd controller, and the 3rd kart appeared in the pod, so I thought, "Okay, this is working," but then as you try to do any of those races, it says something like "Only players 1 & 2 will be able to continue from here. Do you really want to leave your other Sackbuddy behind?" The game does 'not' support 4-player split-screen, unless you're playing one of those ... more insignificant mini games, unfortunately. Unless I'm doing something wrong and somebody would care to enlighten me ... I was pretty disappointed, and as I said, felt somewhat betrayed by the details of the box.

"Yes, it's 4-player split-screen, but not for 98% of the game, just a couple of mini games where we let you." - would be a more accurate description.

Surger
Message 5 of 14 (21,523 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

does Re: LBP Karting - Limited to just 2 Players Offline?!?!?

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

So I bought this game for my girlfriend for Christmas. Will I be able to sit down next to her and actually race with her and the game's AI? The offline racing (not mini games or anything else) experience is not limited to a one person campaign, right? It does say 1 player on the back of the box, which conflicts with what some people are saying here, so I just want to make sure before she opens it that we can race together

Message 6 of 14 (21,486 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Re: does Re: LBP Karting - Limited to just 2 Players Offline?!?!?

Dec 4, 2012

TheBigSalad wrote:

Will I be able to sit down next to her and actually race with her and the game's AI? The offline racing (not mini games or anything else) experience is not limited to a one person campaign, right?

Yes, you will be able to race with her, and the AI, and anyone around the world if you both go online. It was just 4-player split-screen I was talking about. 2-player gameplay is fine. 3-or-4-players are bound to mini-games only it seems.

Some offline content is 1-player only, but they're usually Time Attack / Time Trial based levels. You might have to sit her out for the occasional level if you play through Story Mode together, but otherwise, everything is compatible for 2. Enjoy.

Surger
Message 7 of 14 (21,477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: does Re: LBP Karting - Limited to just 2 Players Offline?!?!?

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

thnaks Cirrus5005 for the explanation

sony, you stink. shame on you, I bought this completely thinking it was 4 players split screen, like sega racing, mod nation racers, blur, motorstorm, all typical racing games that state the same thing on the back, 4 players. and then all we get are these stinky mini games, they are not even fun. once you open it, of course it can't be take back so we are stuck with this game that our family can't play together.

can't you relase a patch to correct this? I don't think i am in the minority here because many posts seem to all reflect disappontment for no 4 player splitscreen offline mode.

the digital manual states

"up to four placyers can tackle the main story levels coopertaviley"

is this an error ?

Message 8 of 14 (21,342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Dec 29, 2012
I believe it was intended to be completely 4 player but due to issues they took it out... I assume this because to me it is a possiblity!
Message 9 of 14 (21,337 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Yeah it kind of stinks that you can have 4 local players in your pod, but  yet you can only use 2 players in story mode.  (Unless its one of those side missions and you can only use 1 player).  Even then, i don't understand why they couldn't set it up like the original LBP games where when you turn on another controller, you activate another family members account, instead of a (1), (2), (3), of your screen name.

Message 10 of 14 (21,295 Views)
0 Likes