Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: LittleBigPlanet Level Design Tips & Resources ***56k Warning***

Oct 30, 2008

This is a great tutorial if you dont have any idea what you want to build. But the main issue/tutorial should be about how to build. Right now it's so annoying trying to build because certain aspects are difficult to work with. Like if i want to make a wooden board with spikes on it that will rotate with a bolt. I tried detaching the board from the background(detach from floor) and then to move the board I had to use detach and it detached all the spikes i had glued to the board....so annoying!

Message 60 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Oct 30, 2008

Great article! I was playing around yesterday on some user levels and most if not all of them sucked. It made me not want to play anymore. I'm not even sure how to find good levels because everyones hearted levels are all free trophy stupid levels.

Ima sit down tonight and make my level. I have the opposite of your post in that I find it very easy to think of ideas and I already know the path to take in designing each level. Where I get stuck is incroporating my idea by using the tools. I'm afraid I will be too simple if I don't have some super amazing elevator or flying dragon.

Message 61 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Oct 30, 2008

loxleynew wrote:

Great article! I was playing around yesterday on some user levels and most if not all of them sucked. It made me not want to play anymore. I'm not even sure how to find good levels because everyones hearted levels are all free trophy stupid levels.

Ima sit down tonight and make my level. I have the opposite of your post in that I find it very easy to think of ideas and I already know the path to take in designing each level. Where I get stuck is incroporating my idea by using the tools. I'm afraid I will be too simple if I don't have some super amazing elevator or flying dragon.

See, I can never come up with a great idea to develop upon. I will be adding things on how to make different objects though. I should have reserved another space for more info lol.
Message 62 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 30, 2008
tagged
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Oct 30, 2008

s8skanna wrote:
tagged
Tagged you back, your it!

Message Edited by ilikemonkeys on 10-30-2008 04:15 PM
Message 64 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5313 posts

Oct 30, 2008
GREAT THREAD!
 photo Kz2SigLBPPSForums.jpg
Message 65 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Oct 30, 2008
excellent thread. my main problem with building levels is scaling the design. like how do i want this layer to look and act.. how can i use 3 layers then switch up to just 2 while having the 3rd layer optional in some cases to venture into. my first beta level sucked.. i didn't get to finish my 2nd but it was going well and the one i'm creating now might be a bit better than that but regardless none of them are what i'd call outstanding. i just have problems actually building everything i want and mastering the tools i believe.
Message 66 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Oct 30, 2008
I guess I'll add more info about using the tools and such. Different ways of using them too.
Message Edited by ilikemonkeys on 10-30-2008 04:42 PM
Message 67 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Nov 4, 2008
Updated with the new http://www.littlebigworshop.com site info.
Message 69 of 69 (8 Views)
0 Likes