Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 29 2012
By: epic_oreo17 First Son 17 posts

LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2?

8 replies 156 views Edited Apr 29, 2012

Well, I have seen soem videos about the LittleBigPlanet games, and they look amazing. Now, I have not played one but I'm thinking about getting one. I was thinking about LBP 2 (because it has more than LBP) but I saw that it got a lower score than LBP on ign.com. And I think I've seen both of them come bundled with soem extra add on content (or maybe just one of them had extra add on content) at my local GameStop. But what do you guys think I should get first, LBP or LBP 2 (when I get the money, that is?) , and why? What are your guys reccomendations?

"You're too slow!" ~ Sonic the Hedgehog
Message 1 of 9 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Re: LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2?

Apr 29, 2012

Personally, I've only bought and played the first game myself based on others' perceptions at the time. Back in 2008 LittleBigPlanet was all the rage. While I can't say I was too enthusiastic about the game, I ended up giving in anyway. What came of it was a unique experience that led to an enjoyable game, albeit far from what I'd consider an all-time best.

Millions of other people out there would see it differently. While I won't deny it's a cute game and everything, I do like it better when platforming mechanics in a platforming game aren't so... out of tune. The jumping wasn't crisp in the game; it wasn't perfect. The creation system I tried on for a little while, but lost interest when realizing I'd rather just play the game than buy a game for the ability to create my own. I had also spent time in co-op, which was fun.

What you should keep in mind about review scores and IGN in particular is that the person who reviewed the original game in 2008 would later leave the site. The second game would then be reviewed by a completely different person. 2010 also saw the redesign of IGN's scoring system, where these days a game can only have a value based on a 20-point scale (versus that of 100). In other words, a game can only receive an 8.5, a 9.0, a 9.5, or a perfect 10 (for example), and nothing else in between.

Message 2 of 9 (156 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1254 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Get LBP2. You won't be missing anything from LBP1, other than the Story Levels and costume pieces. Also, the reason LBP1 got a better review was because of it's time of release. In 2008, it was original, outstanding, etc. In 2011, LBP2 was just a sequal, while being a great sequal, it wasn't as ground-breaking as the first installment.

Message 3 of 9 (156 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
185 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Message 4 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5206 posts

Apr 26, 2013

epic_oreo17 wrote:

Well, I have seen soem videos about the LittleBigPlanet games, and they look amazing. Now, I have not played one but I'm thinking about getting one. I was thinking about LBP 2 (because it has more than LBP) but I saw that it got a lower score than LBP on ign.com. And I think I've seen both of them come bundled with soem extra add on content (or maybe just one of them had extra add on content) at my local GameStop. But what do you guys think I should get first, LBP or LBP 2 (when I get the money, that is?) , and why? What are your guys reccomendations?

Your best bet isto buy a copy of LBP GOTY edition and the most recent LBP2 Special edition disc to get the most bang for buck on DLC. LBP2 is best but there are LBP1 content you can only get on LBP2 by having LBP1 and transfering LBP1 profile to LBP2. 

images.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (130 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 27, 2013

If you have the money get both. Make sure they have the DLC included. If your only getting one of them I'd suggest LBP2. It's everything LBP1 was with more features. You'll just miss out on Story levels and some other costumes and items.

Although LBP1 seemed like it was more fun, probably cause it was a different game never seen before. LBP2 is still lots of fun though.

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/Fireball_916][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Fireball_916.png[/IMG][/URL]

Points2Shop (Earn Free Stuff)
Message 6 of 9 (117 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Apr 29, 2013
To echo what others have been saying: If you have the money buy both.
Go pick up LittleBigPlanet 1 Game of the Year edition & LBP 2 Special Edition. Both include DLC, and if you get LBP1 GOTY edition, that DLC carries over to LBP2. Both are $20 each, or under.

If you can only afford one of them for now, definitely go with LBP2.
There's a lot more to do with LBP2, and if it's the community stuff you really want to check out: You can still access LBP1 user-created levels on LBP2. Also: LBP2's story mode is rather easier than LBP1's sometimes frustrating campaign.

But again, if you can: Get both.

Hope that helps!
Message 7 of 9 (107 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

May 10, 2013
I suggest LBP 2 cuz in LBP 1 it's the same old copied levels now.
Message 8 of 9 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

May 15, 2013

If you can get ps+ as LBP2 is free plus you get a lot of games every month too. I would also get both just for the DLC and such. I personally love the violent shooting games but there is just something nice and different and relaxing about LBP besides with all the user content there is you will never grow tired of it. Plus if you are creative you can make levels or cutscenes or something unique with LBP2.

all_mittey_donky Trophy Card
Message 9 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes