Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
495 posts

Re: MAG Strategic Bonus: Overhead Map Views

Apr 14, 2010

These pictures are a help indeed.

But i agree with many others that its time for new maps. don't get me wrong, i love MAG, i adore kicking ass as S.V.E.R. but playing the same 15 maps over and over again is getting quite tedious. i have played the S.V.E.R. Sabo map like a million times, and as much as i love it, its getting old. while i don't think adding a 4th pmc is the answer, i think that in a true shadow war, there would me many many satillite uplinks to secure across all areas. Instead of just attacking or defending fuel reserves, how about defending  airfields or icbm missile facilities. the real issue is here that us players have no word on what is really going on at zipper.

I check the blog on a daily basis and the forums almost as much, and i never see news such as, new maps in development or new pmc in testing. I offed $60 out of my wallet for a game i played for 6 days in beta. Little did i know that in those 6 days i was playing like 40% of the game, had i known that i may have waited for the game to release a map pack dlc.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
589 posts

Apr 14, 2010

These are great. I do think you should label the primary structures and objective points.

Either that, or give us an Icon pack so we can place the objective icons on the map and save it again.

I really do appreciate this though, as I really missed the fanmade SOCOM overview maps created for the SeaSnipers clan back in the day.

This also gives us something to look at for new players to give us a better understanding of the incredibly huge maps.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Apr 15, 2010

All these overhead views are great, but I wish they were in a better resolution. Especially on the Domination maps, all you can really see are the large roads and other pathways that are easily camped. I know it takes a lot of effort to come up with this kind of thing. However, I wish that you would come out with some new maps and game modes, even if I have to pay.

Vet Path: Raven-Valor-SVER-Raven-Valor level 15

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2010

does any1 know where 2 download these maps cuz i cant figure it out

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Apr 15, 2010

True, but the fun is finding and marking them yourself.

Won't work
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Apr 15, 2010

dudeniker:

Go back to the blog post, they are all hyperlinked to Flikr photos that you can download.  Click on "All Sizes" to get the big ones.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 15, 2010
I second that mothion, CryptKper. They are very nice but in order to really look at the routes you need about 3x-5x the information depth. 3000x3000 would be just about right. Otherwise a view taken from the CNI Master Map with the emplacements drawn in would be acceptable for a compare and contrast analysis.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Apr 15, 2010

for those complaining about needing new maps....have you tried switching or playing as other factions.  you could set up a completely new psn and start a valor or raven character.  I played as valor and now i'm playing as sevr even though its the same map it seems different b/c your attacking rather than defending or vice versa. 

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Apr 15, 2010

zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:

Use them wisely!

I really don't like the shadows.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Apr 16, 2010

While I certainly appreciate the overhead maps, I would hardly call them "hi-res". A closer view with at higher resolutions would be **bleep**in' awesome. Please! Purty please!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 48 (312 Views)
0 Likes