Sackboy
625 posts

Re: ZIPLINE PODCAST, EPISODE 29 Q&A THREAD - KEVIN SCHMITT

Jan 24, 2011

In an online only multiplayer game, why was there no formal training?  How to shoot a weapon, throw a grenade and the like count as a tutorial to the game...not training.  With empahasis on command roles and leadership abilities, I have had people ask me in game what fragos are, how to set them and what sensor shells do.  A more indepth guide was necessary for MAG and what were the reasons for not including it?

With a MAG being a tactical shooter, why were clan options limited and group size limited to 8 people?

How important is balance and stability in a multiplayer only game?  AKA why are PMCs in MAG seemingly unbalanced (leaderboard stats indicate SVER has a gross advatage with a 75% win ratio) and why are the freezing issues in DOM still a problem?

How important is server quality and upgrading though a games lifecycle?  Mag had 5000 people in each faction in each gametype during its prime, at this time there was also little lag.  MAG has ~1000 total online at most time but lag haunts most players.  What has caused lag issues to crop up and are they trying to be addressed, if not why?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Multiplayer is all we have in MAG, and it is constantly ruined by freezes, I even froze in the main menu after selecting my character yesterday. Being frozen out of a game is quite frustrating and can cause people to give up on the MAG multiplayer experience.

I lready proposed adding a "rejoin game" option in the UI to rejoin games after freezing or disconnections (and reserving a player's spot in a squad for 5 minutes), but I was informed of the difficulties of such a system. 

Could a system like this be added?

what about adding a "last squad" section in the community section that shows the players from your squad from the last game you were in. There should be an option to join their game, much like there is an option to join a friend or clan-mate's game. This way clan-mates or friends don't have to be in the game for you to rejoin.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Any info on the next patch?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3236 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Will the MAG team be restored to its former capacity after S4 is released?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Re: ZEPPELIN PODCAST, EPISODE 29 Q&A THREAD - KEVIN SCHMITT

Jan 24, 2011

Publisher question

How many pitches do you see every year, of these how many are serioustly concidered, and what are the key things that makes a proposal pitch stand out from the rest, making you choose to fund it.

Zipper Question,

Now socom 4 has gone gold, what is the next game you guys will work on/ can u at least tell us if yer working on something new. (new game not DLC)

Mag Question

Will we see much more support for MAG, if yes how much, (Maps, Patches, A MAG 3.0)

follow me on twatter https://twitter.com/gobbybobbyy
youtube.com/gobbybobby2
JOIN KEQ

PLANETSIDE 2 PC and PS4
EVE ONLINE
DUST 514
DCUO PS3.
Battlefield 4
Neverwinter
make an app on keqonline.com or Message me on PSN/ Steam

VISIT KEQ FORUMS http://forums.keqonline.com/index.php
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Jan 24, 2011

sony now that a 256 multiplayer online game has been done. whats next  for MMO games on the ps3?

do you think with all the fine-tuning MAG needed.. will socom4 also need fine-tuning after release or was that why you pushed back the release date?

sony with MAG freezing on players what are you doing to push zipper to find a fix?

sony could the freezing have to do with the PSN? I seen talk about COD freezing also?

sony/zipper do you feel that your game 'MAG' freezing could give a bad reputation?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

Jan 24, 2011
1) I love neutrality and hope you keep it that way.

Q) Why do I love you?
 photo Buckethead-Discography_zps31049904.png
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Jan 25, 2011
Do you think games which feature mutiplayer only e.g. MAG, should be sold for less than a game which features an offline campaign mode and multiplayer mode e.g. Socom 4?
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jan 25, 2011
1.(for Zipper and Sony dude) What is the possibility of seeing a MAG2 or a MAG 3.0?
2.(for Zipper) Do you plan to keep the Neutral Maps for all games modes? and if so will anything be done to balance out the guns more to fit all maps equally?
3.(zipper)If (and I will optimistically say when) MAG2 was to be developed what features, modes, etc. would you sacrifice to add stuff that the players want I.E. Clan Wars and other stuff mentioned frequently on the forums?
4.If there was to be a MAG 2 to be made, would you use Valor, Raven, and SVER again? or would you make more PMCs?

that's all I really wanted to ask
Raven-Drakes-Homeboy
KDR-Low XD
Clan- Taking care of Buisness
Spec- Assault Field Support/Spot Sniper
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Sony Developer: Are their more MAG style FPS's being planned for the PS3?

ZIPPER: Can you comment on your current stance on Clan Wars, is it in the works? Or is there a solid reason to say it won't hapen.  If it's one of those maybe's, what has to hapen to make Clan Wars a reality in MAG.

ZIPPER: What are your thoughts on the direction multiplayer games are going on the PS3? 

ZIPPER: I think that video games must have a storyline to them to be considered great games.  SOCOM has a good story and a quality Multiplayer experience.  With MAG, do you see a game in the near future that focuses on multiplayer only, but creates an indepth and progressive story into the multiplayer experience?

ZIPPER: What are your thoughts on balancing the player base in MAG.  From your stats, is there an indication that one side is stacked?  If so, is it your duty to correct that?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (296 Views)
0 Likes