Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 06/15/2005
Offline
554 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 13, 2011

I feel that MAG was a great chance that in my opinion paid off. it showed the power of the PS3. I believe though that some parts need improvement that would take more resources then what is worth. I know everyone is ready for neutral weekend. Exploring new IP's make the existing properties better such as the lessons of mag may have been brought over to Socom. and if there is a MAG 2 then those issues would be solved making an even better game. Look at LBP and how LBP2 is such a huge improvement from the original. But with taking on new franchises there is always a risk of losing money. Which companies don't like. By supporting current franchises and keeping a good player base the move to the sequel will always gain money as long as it improves on the original. nostalgia for the first time i played Socom online sniping across the map into the fog was lost in socom CA but was revived MAG. that is why the NEOGEO is selling is because people want to play what they did when they were younger and to relive those moments in their childhood.

 

Now I guess a question or two: is there anymore plans for changes to mag? not like bug fixes but actual changes? Map changes? Weapons? Neutrality? A plan to spread the player base out other then XP bonus?

 

Since MAG is considered in Adult years of devolpment will there be anymore addtions? Clan wars? Clan Support In general? New Maps? 

 

Will there be a way to entice people to switch PMC? Currently there is none, if you veteran you can stay in the same PMC.

 

I believe I have taken up enough of your time thank you very much if you read this.

 

http://xn--grdenflis-52a.no/Test/sigs/world.png

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/03/2009
Offline
2286 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 13, 2011

what I would like from the new style podcast is to answer the more serious questions and not to fill the time with questions like cross-hair color.

 

Old or new IPs I don't care as long as it's fun and as long as the developer addresses the big issues (which Zipper failed to do in MAG).

 

Zipper should hire some of the previous posters.

 

Now I would like to know if the devs will be allowed to balance MAG and if not, why. I would like to know if those that took the decision to ditch clan wars are happy with the results now. I would like to know how much the decisions taken are Zipper's and how much Sony's.

 

I would like to know if Dunham is applying for a job at M$, because he sure can qualify with his statements: "We are looking into the occasional failures of the XBOX360". Yes he would be perfect.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/17/2009
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 13, 2011

tic2000 wrote:

what I would like from the new style podcast is to answer the more serious questions and not to fill the time with questions like cross-hair color.

 

Old or new IPs I don't care as long as it's fun and as long as the developer addresses the big issues (which Zipper failed to do in MAG).

 

Zipper should hire some of the previous posters.

 

Now I would like to know if the devs will be allowed to balance MAG and if not, why. I would like to know if those that took the decision to ditch clan wars are happy with the results now. I would like to know how much the decisions taken are Zipper's and how much Sony's.

 

I would like to know if Dunham is applying for a job at M$, because he sure can qualify with his statements: "We are looking into the occasional failures of the XBOX360". Yes he would be perfect.


why don't you spit in their faces a bit more there.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/17/2009
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 13, 2011

I left my opinion above, but since you call this a "round table" I wanted to put a second post up to direct the conversation back to you guys.  If your new zipline is going to go to this format, I think there should be regular "green" responses to keep the conversation going online (just my 2cents).  Here are a few questions, pick and chose to fit the podcast.

 

From a game developers perspective, why do you keep comming out with the same titles?  During early development of SOCOM 4 was there ever a conversation of  "is this going to be another SOCOM game"? 

 

I am only aware of MAG and SOCOM from Zipper, are there any other games that Zipper makes?  Are you only interested in FPS?

 

Why are you asking about our opinions on sequals?  I think there are two games to take examples from for this question.  Call of Duty is a relaiable yearly game put out on Rememberence day (Veterans day).   My opinion of it is overplayed.  However, look at HALO 1-3, they create a 3 part story.  Trillogys are good and create a big impact Lord of the Rings, Godfather, Matrix.  The gaming industry could do with more epic trillogys, create a big story and really work on the story line and plot, and make sure the game play is solid with no freezes or errors.

 

At what point do you decide to do a sequal of a game, or end it?  Look at Dead Rising, the first one sucked and they made a second.  Has MAG been successfull enough for you to begin thinking about a sequal?

 

For MAG, there are many games comming out soon that have got my attention and will have my time.  What are your plans for this current game?  New maps, game modes, or is it finished growing?

  • Could you please comment on Clan Wars?  This past week we saw 3C go up against the Dark Flock, it drew allot of excitment in a short period of time.  I would be happy to pay for Clan Wars ($4.99), by means of a seperate game mode that is the most neutral yet.  The clan that ranks the most WINS (not KDR) gets a prize (either per PMC or for MAG).  It could be something simple like a graphical addition to your ingame character (much like Zipper employees) or it could be something more like increase leadership bonus range or quicker respawns. 
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/03/2009
Offline
2286 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 14, 2011

 


RenegadeMonk wrote:

tic2000 wrote:

what I would like from the new style podcast is to answer the more serious questions and not to fill the time with questions like cross-hair color.

 

Old or new IPs I don't care as long as it's fun and as long as the developer addresses the big issues (which Zipper failed to do in MAG).

 

Zipper should hire some of the previous posters.

 

Now I would like to know if the devs will be allowed to balance MAG and if not, why. I would like to know if those that took the decision to ditch clan wars are happy with the results now. I would like to know how much the decisions taken are Zipper's and how much Sony's.

 

I would like to know if Dunham is applying for a job at M$, because he sure can qualify with his statements: "We are looking into the occasional failures of the XBOX360". Yes he would be perfect.


why don't you spit in their faces a bit more there.


 

I'm sorry if you feel that way and I'm sorry if they fill that way.

 

But I see things like this. When I like something and I want to improve I criticize. If I don't like I'm just indifferent.

 

I like MAG and I like what Zipper did. But I feel like they just stopped half way. They didn't fix the big issues, like the maps, but they didn't fix a lot of small issues either (like auto changing frago, auto changing spawn when AAA goes down, reversing of frago on Raven 4th platoon) and when they fixed something they took way to long (like putting road blocks on Valor 4th platoon).

They also failed to deliver on their own promises, clan wars and again did a half job giving us only clan deploy which actually hurt randoms/casuals.

Instead we got a lot of patches trying ti "fix" the weapons with some of them being very unfortunate to say the least and that again for a long time failed to address the OP LMG.

 

Then we have the freezing, which is a problem a lot more serious than the ones mentioned before and Mr Dunham picks the wrong word to describe it.

 

Before 2.0 I really had occasional freezing. Like in 100 games I had a freeze either in game or on the map loading or even in the loading screen when booting up MAG. Now If I deploy in Dom alone I freeze 1/5 games. If I deploy with a group I freeze 3-4/5 games. That is not occasional.

 

 

But this is what I say here. On any other forum or discussion with friends I will say that MAG is an extraordinary game (because it is) and I spent more than 1000 hours playing it and I will play a lot more. I bought every DLC and as soon as the DL version is back on the EU Store I will buy that too.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/17/2009
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 14, 2011

tic2000 wrote:

 


RenegadeMonk wrote:

tic2000 wrote:

what I would like from the new style podcast is to answer the more serious questions and not to fill the time with questions like cross-hair color.

 

Old or new IPs I don't care as long as it's fun and as long as the developer addresses the big issues (which Zipper failed to do in MAG).

 

Zipper should hire some of the previous posters.

 

Now I would like to know if the devs will be allowed to balance MAG and if not, why. I would like to know if those that took the decision to ditch clan wars are happy with the results now. I would like to know how much the decisions taken are Zipper's and how much Sony's.

 

I would like to know if Dunham is applying for a job at M$, because he sure can qualify with his statements: "We are looking into the occasional failures of the XBOX360". Yes he would be perfect.


why don't you spit in their faces a bit more there.


 

I'm sorry if you feel that way and I'm sorry if they fill that way.

 

But I see things like this. When I like something and I want to improve I criticize. If I don't like I'm just indifferent.

 

I like MAG and I like what Zipper did. But I feel like they just stopped half way. They didn't fix the big issues, like the maps, but they didn't fix a lot of small issues either (like auto changing frago, auto changing spawn when AAA goes down, reversing of frago on Raven 4th platoon) and when they fixed something they took way to long (like putting road blocks on Valor 4th platoon).

They also failed to deliver on their own promises, clan wars and again did a half job giving us only clan deploy which actually hurt randoms/casuals.

Instead we got a lot of patches trying ti "fix" the weapons with some of them being very unfortunate to say the least and that again for a long time failed to address the OP LMG.

 

Then we have the freezing, which is a problem a lot more serious than the ones mentioned before and Mr Dunham picks the wrong word to describe it.

 

Before 2.0 I really had occasional freezing. Like in 100 games I had a freeze either in game or on the map loading or even in the loading screen when booting up MAG. Now If I deploy in Dom alone I freeze 1/5 games. If I deploy with a group I freeze 3-4/5 games. That is not occasional.

 

 

But this is what I say here. On any other forum or discussion with friends I will say that MAG is an extraordinary game (because it is) and I spent more than 1000 hours playing it and I will play a lot more. I bought every DLC and as soon as the DL version is back on the EU Store I will buy that too.


That was said much nicer and more constructive!! Kudos to you!

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/24/2007
Offline
1760 posts
 

Re: Zipline - Episode 28 Preview Thread

Jan 15, 2011

tic2000 wrote:

 

Zipper should hire some of the previous posters.

 


I'm in the Seattle area; I have reliable transportation to Redmond, guys. XD


Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 37 (513 Views)
Reply
0 Likes