Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Re: How about this idea for MAG's Shadow War??? PERFECT MAP BALANCE?

Apr 2, 2010

thats actually a really good idea.  Simple and fair.  Kudos

Message 20 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Apr 2, 2010

When MAG was first shown at E3, Andy Beaudoin said:  "...but MAG also features; ongoing, faction based campaigns which provides strong incentives for players to check into the game on a daily basis."

This is the part of the "MAG Vision" that is severely lacking.  If I didn't play MAG for 3 months, nothing would change, would it?  Where are the strong incentives to check into the game?  "The Shadow War" is way too stagnant.  If I was "lead ________"  or "head _______" at Zipper I'd go back and look at what we wanted MAG to be 2 years ago, because I don't think what they have now is quite that game yet.  Right now there is a piece or 2 of the puzzle missing.

Recognize My Disease
Message 21 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Apr 2, 2010

this is the way i had originally perceived the concept as well but when u think about it from A. what about when the player count falls people could set in a quene (like i do on slow nights) for 10 to 15min waiting  on a game i would hate to sit in a valor quene of aqui cuz there only like 150 in there at night anymore) B when the player base did drop defenders would not have as many games if in aqui case valor game is atking sver now raven will sit forever cuz half the time there not enough of those 2 factions in aqui to run more than 2 games tops and finally pepole with hard to atk maps would just gop back to complaining they cant take their map becasue their weapons suck or they don have enough mics so ya i mean people are gonna cry about something from maps to lmgs to campers if one gets fixed they find another best way to fix it is what they are trying to do and thats simply counter the issues they hear the complaints they check them and decide from there and thats all they can do is play it and decide wether thats how they wanted it to play or not kudos tho if we had a larger player base i would love to play it like this would be more challenging and allow all pmcs to see the grass on the other side

Message 22 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Apr 2, 2010

EN-Esty wrote:

The trouble with this idea imo is that it's harder to win whilst attacking compared to defending. If you're already loosing and then have to attack 100% of the time it's only going to compound your losses. Valour might never win a match again :smileytongue:

You would have to lose several times defending to lose the contract in the first place.... so that map may not be so difficult to attack.  At that point though, you'd be able to attack the map that you lost, have the home field advantage (with the camo), and probably would be more likely to win at least your contract that you lost in the first place, back.   

Valor loses a lot defending on acquisition because their map is by far the easiest to win as an attacker.  At least Valor would have the opportunity to win a contract back by attacking Elk Bay.  I'd bet you'd see quite the opposite of "compounding" losses.  :smileywink:

Recognize My Disease
Message 23 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Apr 2, 2010

I'm almost positive I've mentioned this idea in a very old post (before the game was released) and it makes a whole ton of sense in my eyes. Please Zipper make this change!

Message 24 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1206 posts

Apr 2, 2010

No offense, but how many times can someone keep copying others ideas for personal Kudo's Gain? Its rampid all over this forum and iv seen this identical post too many times.

Message 25 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Apr 2, 2010

AimFix wrote:

No offense, but how many times can someone keep copying others ideas for personal Kudo's Gain? Its rampid all over this forum and iv seen this identical post too many times.

Dude, take your hate somewhere else.  I don't give a crap about kudos. I wrote this in another thread where it was buried.  You've seen this ONE other time elsewhere.  I decided to put it in its own thread because I felt it needed to be seenfor the good of the game... not for kudos.

Don't reply to threads if you have nothing to add.

Recognize My Disease
Message 26 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1171 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Brilliant idea, please make it happen Zipper.

Message 27 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Apr 2, 2010

VOODOO-x- wrote:

AimFix wrote:

Dude, take your hate somewhere else.  I don't give a crap about kudos. I wrote this in another thread where it was buried.  You've seen this ONE other time elsewhere.  I decided to put it in its own thread because I felt it needed to be seenfor the good of the game... not for kudos.

Don't reply to threads if you have nothing to add.

you get 10 kudos for your reply vodoo-x ..... aimfix you get a tag

Message 28 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Apr 2, 2010

I think it's a cool idea, but on Acquisiton (where the goal is to steal vehicles), wouldn't it be better if after a given number of losses the side that's been losing attack a compound and attempt to retreive (better) or destroy (worse) the stolen vehicles while the defenders want as many vehicles as possible to stay in their possession.

I haven't been playing since early beta and I don't have a clue as to what Zipper had first intended with MAG but it seems strange that after you steal some vehicles you obtain the enemy base...

Play Account: HeadhunterSweden - Valor

Message 29 of 240 (23 Views)
0 Likes