Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

CLERIC-on-CRACK wrote:
It's  the campers who don't like the LMG the most.
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 03:17 AM

Or it's the people trying to defend an objective, or the attackers trying to defend their recently captured ojbective, who don't want a guy running in gung-ho spraying with a seemingly enless supply of bullets killing all 4 "defenders."

_____________________________________
 
 Crack wrote:
This  game is based on objectives,  This game has  vitually no auto aim . Learn to shoot and you won't get killed.
 
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 03:23 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/07/2009
Offline
1595 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

CLERIC-on-CRACK wrote:

CLERIC-on-CRACK wrote:
It's  the campers who don't like the LMG the most.
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 03:17 AM

Or it's the people trying to defend an objective, or the attackers trying to defend their recently captured ojbective, who don't want a guy running in gung-ho spraying with a seemingly enless supply of bullets killing all 4 "defenders."

_____________________________________
 
 Crack wrote:
This  game is based on objectives,  This game has  vitually no auto aim . Learn to shoot and you won't get killed.
 
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 03:23 AM

I think the accuracy on the LMG's does need to be reduced. There is no bullet wander or flight variantion when you hold down the trigger blasting away.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

 

 

How about we just remove all the lmg from the game?  Works for me.  Raven and Valor will be the most affective by this change. Sver's LMG sucks compared to theirs.  Since the latest beta  Raven and Valors guns do more damage while Sver Guns remain unchanged.

 

Example: Valor  M4 and MK46 does more damage but no loss of accuracy.  Sver guns remain the same.  Why?  Either zipper decided to to this to balance the game on their own or they listned to the community.  I  pesonally have no problem with it.

 

Now you got people complaining about the LMG being too strong. Hmmmm... Wonder why?  

 

In order to balance the LMG now they will need to add more recoil to the guns.   Ok , so what do we do?  Add recoil to only the Raven and Valor gun?   But that would then make the Sver LMg the best LMG to have?  Then we would also have to add more recoil to all the lmgs and  MGs too , right?  

 

Better yet, lets add so much recoil it will be uses useless to move and shoot.   That way we all can turn the MG into a camping gun.  That will make all the campers happy because they need to stop so I can then kill them more easily.  (no auto aim games make it harder to hit moving targets)

 

 

Three factions make it very hard to balance the game because Raven suppose to be easier to aim , Valor in between and SVER  being the hardest.   The reason SVER's so good is because noobs always want accuracy over damage.   But once you get to the last tier the guns all jump more, are harder to  use  and are basicly the same for Valor and Sver. .  That is why every valor guy I kill always has the MK46 lmg , why bother to upgrade to the higher tier MG. You got accuracy and good damage.Sver guys are also all using the low tier lmg and not upgrding to the Hevier MG.

 

 

 

 

 

One more thing:  You noobs need to remember this is a" No Auto Aim Game" and if you don't like the fact that people run and gun then you are in the wrong game.   AND, please,  run and gun in MAG is not the same as run and gun in MW2.   I wonder how many of you played  Socom on the PS2 and  PS3?   Zipper also made socom on the ps2 and you can run and gun but in third person.   

 

 

If they make the Raven and Valor LMG so hard to use then what does the do to SVER's LMG?  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 05:23 AM
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 05:27 AM
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 05:29 AM
Message Edited by CLERIC-on-CRACK on 01-13-2010 05:37 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
46842 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

your argument is flawed in its basis.

 

Stand 100 yards away from a wall and shoot the lmg, then do it with an AR, then try it with a sniper.

 

You will see just how innacurate, in comparison, the LMG is by the blatantly obvious larger spacing of the bullets.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/15/2009
Offline
4131 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010
  ..problem is still that it's so effective while scoped, even while standing and strafing. That's the problem. With the other guns it's the same. But at least you have to aim. On long distances, that's not so easy. But with the lmg, you can just spray and reliably hit - even while jumping back and forth. That's why it's unbalanced.

Even just reducing you to walking speeds while firing would go a long way to fix this.
Message Edited by fleinn on 01-13-2010 07:21 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
46842 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

fleinn wrote:
  ..problem is still that it's so effective while scoped, even while standing and strafing. That's the problem. With the other guns it's the same. But at least you have to aim. On long distances, that's not so easy. But with the lmg, you can just spray and reliably hit - even while jumping back and forth. That's why it's unbalanced.

Even just reducing you to walking speeds while firing would go a long way to fix this.
Message Edited by fleinn on 01-13-2010 07:21 AM

 

Thats not true either.  When I start moving the machine gun becomes awfully innacurate...just look at the change in the reticle when you run.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/28/2009
Offline
337 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

CLERIC-on-CRACK wrote:

 

 

How about we just remove all the lmg from the game?  Works for me.  Raven and Valor will be the most affective by this change. Sver's LMG sucks compared to theirs.  Since the latest beta  Raven and Valors guns do more damage while Sver Guns remain unchanged.

 

Example: Valor  M4 and MK46 does more damage but no loss of accuracy.  Sver guns remain the same.  Why?  Either zipper decided to to this to balance the game on their own or they listned to the community.  I  pesonally have no problem with it.

 

Now you got people complaining about the LMG being too strong. Hmmmm... Wonder why?  

 

In order to balance the LMG now they will need to add more recoil to the guns.   Ok , so what do we do?  Add recoil to only the Raven and Valor gun?   But that would then make the Sver LMg the best LMG to have?  Then we would also have to add more recoil to all the lmgs and  MGs too , right?  

 

Better yet, lets add so much recoil it will be uses useless to move and shoot.   That way we all can turn the MG into a camping gun.  That will make all the campers happy because they need to stop so I can then kill them more easily.  (no auto aim games make it harder to hit moving targets)

 

 

Three factions make it very hard to balance the game because Raven suppose to be easier to aim , Valor in between and SVER  being the hardest.   The reason SVER's so good is because noobs always want accuracy over damage.   But once you get to the last tier the guns all jump more, are harder to  use  and are basicly the same for Valor and Sver. .  That is why every valor guy I kill always has the MK46 lmg , why bother to upgrade to the higher tier MG. You got accuracy and good damage.Sver guys are also all using the low tier lmg and not upgrding to the Hevier MG.

 

 

 

 

 

One more thing:  You noobs need to remember this is a" No Auto Aim Game" and if you don't like the fact that people run and gun then you are in the wrong game.   AND, please,  run and gun in MAG is not the same as run and gun in MW2.   I wonder how many of you played  Socom on the PS2 and  PS3?   Zipper also made socom on the ps2 and you can run and gun but in third person.   

 

 

If they make the Raven and Valor LMG so hard to use then what does the do to SVER's LMG?  

 


1) There's not much of an in between with you is there? Your the kind of guy that has to be all or nothing, one extreme or the other. Removing all LMG's is ludacrous and you know it. Stop being overtly hostile and sarcastic while trying to get your point across. You know a suggestion like this is pointless and won't be taken serious anyway, so you are just wasting your time to type such a thing.

 

2) Can you show me the stats/any proof for this? You say they gave Raven and Valor more power, but that doesn't mean their weapons do more damage than SVER. All it means is their weapons do more damage than they used to. Are you trying to tell me SVER weapons take more bullets to kill than either of the other two factions? The answer doesn't matter anyway, since it's not relevant to the topic. It's just a response to a question I just asked you.

 

3) Like I said earlier, one extreme or the other. Change them all or change nothing, eh? Why not just change the recoil on the LMG's that don't have enough? As multiple people in the topic have hinted, it could just be Valor. Just add the amount of recoil to whatever factions LMG they need to in order to make it more balanced in comparison to the accuracy of other weapon classes. I don't even think the difference in PMC matters. I strongly doubt anyone will care. Many people say/feel there is no difference between the different factions weapons anyway. You are trying to over think a very simple thing: Just increase the spread/recoil/wander/whatever of the LMG.

 

4) Well, this really has nothing to do with the topic, but it does show some introspective for yourself and how you thought process in general is flawed. So noobs prefer accuracy of damage, huh?

 

...

 

Really? Is that what you've decided? So it's NOT a noob thing to randomly throw a grenade into the objective area hoping to get kills even if you can't see the area yet? That's striclty 'Pro' right there? So in video games, noobs DON'T go for a rocket launcher and just go to town whenever they can? So you haven't seen people pull out RPG's in this game and try to kill people? Those aren't noobs doing that, eh? Wanting a weapon that fires just where you aim it, THAT's noob in your book right? "Newbs always want accuracy over damage"... wow.

 

5) BRILLIANT! And very informative and necessary! /sarcasm. Seriously though, why do you say so many irrelevant things? A little by the by, there is auto aim in this game. It's subtle, but believe me, it's there. And you say we're the noob's...

 

Edit: Typos.

Message Edited by Stealth-Raven on 01-13-2010 09:53 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/15/2009
Offline
4131 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Thats not true either.  When I start moving the machine gun becomes awfully innacurate...just look at the change in the reticle when you run.

 

 



Yeah... you'd think that, because of how it looks on the indicator when you're not "scoped".

But all the weapons get artificially accurate when scoped (even if you get the spread when not scoped). So when scoped, the only limitation is how well you can aim and track people. With the SMG, the AR and the sniper, it's actually more difficult to exploit it because of how accurate they are. I.e, you're very likely to miss because the hit-point is so small. So to actually exploit it you need to be very good, place yourself right and usually you fire a bit randomly to hit. A bit ahead, and then trace back, and so on. And that makes the problem smaller with those weapons (along with the smaller magazines).

You could even say that.. well.. it sort of makes sense - that the weapon does fire at what you see after all - and that if you somehow managed to snap off a shot while the sight were perfectly where you wanted it, you would hit. And that it's some kind of skill to manage to shoot perfectly while running, and so on. ...That's not actually true, not even with a gun with a mounted sniper-scope, of course. But it could make sense to some extent. That instead of having artificial imbalance in the game, you sort of transfer the aiming problem to your thumbstick, and just accept that you're super-humanly stable when you look in the scope.

Anyway. But the LMG has a larger cone of fire compared to the AR, and also a larger magazine, and that's what makes it so extremely easy to exploit in this way. Because you don't actually have to be so accurate, or lead or adjust the fire. You just place the target in the red dot and fire, and snap around as much as you want..

And that gives you the sniping lmg-er who headshots you while dancing around in the middle of the road.

So. Solution 1: add a small random instability to the bullet spread while strafing hard and changing direction.
Or, solution 2: add some wander to the weapon, like in the sniper scopes. So that you need to compensate a little bit if you're unstable (or when strafing hard back and forth).

And either of those two should make intuitively sense - that if you flick back and forth you lose balance and have a harder time aiming.

(...and it would also take care of the "flick back and forth" trick, along with the "jump out and shoot people before the server makes you show up" thing. It would also encourage people to play properly. And I honestly don't think many people would notice the difference at all. Because, just as you say, you expect the weapon to be more unstable, just like it is when you fire "from the hip".)
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/13/2010
Online
40 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010
the accuracy needs to be reduced period. aiming down the site, yes there is recoil but if you learn to control it its real easy to use. The accuracy needs to be reduced greatly when using the crosshairs becuase i have takin out 5-6 guys coming up to an objective no problem with the LMG becuase i was just spraying all the bullets and they dropped quick. I was also using no attachments and it was the RTK from SVER. Way to easy to use and an easy way to get 1st MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/15/2009
Offline
4131 posts
 

Re: I believe the LMG's have too much accuracy for how powerful they are.

Jan 13, 2010

J_Porter- wrote:
the accuracy needs to be reduced period. aiming down the site, yes there is recoil but if you learn to control it its real easy to use. The accuracy needs to be reduced greatly when using the crosshairs becuase i have takin out 5-6 guys coming up to an objective no problem with the LMG becuase i was just spraying all the bullets and they dropped quick. I was also using no attachments and it was the RTK from SVER. Way to easy to use and an easy way to get 1st MVP

Right. At least when standing.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 122 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes