Sep 29 2010
By: RetaliateX First Son 10 posts

Interdiction - Please Read & Comment

4 replies 4 views Edited Sep 29, 2010

Dear Zipper Interactive & Fellow MAG Players,

I recently purchased the Interdiction add-on for $9.99 and to my surprise, I was highly disappointed.  But, before I go any further, let me explain why.

I didn't used to be your average MAG player.  I participated in the BETA, silently followed along on the forums, and played MAG 4-6 hours a day after it released.  Now-a-days, as life always has it's way, I don't get to play as much as I used to.  The so-called 'Happy Hour' that average players are given has made MAG more enjoyable as I'm able to still play and feel like I'm still gaining levels just as much as the hard-core veteran players are.  Of course, I followed the video releases and trailers for the Interdiction add-on when I first heard about it, but I was hesitant to purchase it seeing as how not many people purchase DLC anyway.  (Source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/npd-dlc-on-consoles-downloaded-by-just-6-of-consumers/)

So, against my better judgement, I purchased the Interdiction add-on for MAG.  I was excited, to say the least, as the add-on downloaded and installed itself.  But, for some reason, all of that quickly changed as I queued up for deployment.  At first I thought, "Oh, it'll just be a minute or two, after all, it's 128 players right?"  But after a few minutes went by, the amount of people in queue never changed.  So, I did want any time-starved MAG player would do, I queued up for Directives, which (can you believe it?) put me right back in queue for an Interdiciton mission.  So I let it sit there.

15 minutes later, I still hadn't played a single Interdiciton match.  I was beginning to get disappointed, but I didn't want to waste my time.  So, I played some Sabotage and Domination missions instead.  Over the next few days, it was the same thing over and over.  I'd queue up for Interdiction and it would just sit there with about 10 - 20 others in queue.  I'd queue up for Directives, and it would sit me down right back in the Interdiction queue with no where to go.

Now, for someone who can play MAG more than an hour or so a day, this might not feel as frustrating.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are hundreds if not thousands of players out there that are feeling this same frustration.  What  do I want you ask?  That's simple, ONE of these 3 things would suffice for my own issue, but may not solve the issue for others:

1) Refund my $9.99 that I paid for the Interdiction add-on.

2) Make Interdiction a lower-priority when using the Directives deployment option so that you can get queued for other game-types.

3) Make Interdiciton a FREE DLC add-on so that all of the other MAG players can join and queue up.

If you agree with any of these options or perhaps would like to suggest your own, please feel free to comment.  I would also like to hear from Zipper regarding this issue if they have the time.

Also, just so I'm clear, I DO NOT plan on quitting MAG.  I love the game and I can't wait for v2.0 to release.  I just hope that I won't have the same issue with v2.0 as I have with Interdiciotn. 

Thank you all, and thank you Zipper for making a great game!

Sincerely,

RetaliateX <--  PSN ID

Message 1 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2072 posts

Re: Interdiction - Please Read & Comment

Sep 29, 2010

Interdiction would be playable soon. Once the CLAN deploy have been release.

Message 2 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
389 posts

Sep 29, 2010
Think of it as "you're making an investment to Zipper for making new free content", after all, paid DLC provides future free DLC!!
Message 3 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 29, 2010

I don't agree with-
1. Getting your money back. Sorry but you bought it at your owned risk, you saw all the theards that were posted about the DLC.

2. You can turn off the DLC.

3. If they make it free will never get new DLCs, they need to make money of their products(like most compamies). also most game charge for DLCs.

LevelArtist

Message 4 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1990 posts

Sep 29, 2010
The minute Zipper says, A FIX HAS BEEN GIVEN TO DIRECTIVES, PLUS INTERDICTION START UP REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN LOWERED AND NOW HAS A 100% XP BONUS (that stacks with Directives & Happy Hours) that's the minute Interdiction will stop failing :smileyhappy:

Zipper doesn't need to reinvent the wheel all over again.
Message 5 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes