Wastelander
861 posts

Re: KP5 vs SFCR LW.

Dec 11, 2012

Twohothardware wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Aaron1664 wrote:
Smoke grenades.

You won't even need to fire at anyone as you ghost your way through the smoke.

Those are only good in squads of 4-8 when used as cover to sneak around abershon's uber weak flank bunkers as part of a hammer and anvil attack......gosh I forgot just how funny it was to read people cry about that map and then decimate it over and over after neutrality.

You decimated it over and over after neutrality because you were still on easy mode Smiley Tongue. If BHD vetted to Valor or Raven you would of ran into the same issue everyone else had when attacking Absheron Refinery which was the easiest Dom map to defend, and that's facing a totally imbalanced player base on SVER. So when you were "decimating" Absheron Refinery after the map neutrality, it wasn't because of your advanced smoke grenade tactics, it was because you were facing the same weaker opponents that you spent the past several months defending the map against lol.

I sense....EZ Mode accusations about to fly...

"Not many people believe in divine retribution. That's because this world's a lazy fellow. However, once in a blue moon, he does a good job." -Kirishima Yukihime

"UUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Kashiwazaki Sena
Message 11 of 17 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54326 posts

Dec 11, 2012

LOL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Who said BHD never played on the other factions?

Message 12 of 17 (338 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1101 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

Plym you forgot that Valor time, when Raven atack us in Valor DOM and i take whole line of bunkers up, behind their backs XD

I remember Phoenix and her:"CeCo you r crazy." XD

Photobucket
Message 13 of 17 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6781 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

Twohothardware wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Aaron1664 wrote:
Smoke grenades.

You won't even need to fire at anyone as you ghost your way through the smoke.

Those are only good in squads of 4-8 when used as cover to sneak around abershon's uber weak flank bunkers as part of a hammer and anvil attack......gosh I forgot just how funny it was to read people cry about that map and then decimate it over and over after neutrality.

You decimated it over and over after neutrality because you were still on easy mode Smiley Tongue. If BHD vetted to Valor or Raven you would of ran into the same issue everyone else had when attacking Absheron Refinery which was the easiest Dom map to defend, and that's facing a totally imbalanced player base on SVER. So when you were "decimating" Absheron Refinery after the map neutrality, it wasn't because of your advanced smoke grenade tactics, it was because you were facing the same weaker opponents that you spent the past several months defending the map against lol.

Well said but I guess I'll add some input as well..

It's even worse than that. I got a clan I was in from COD4 into MAG during its early stages and whenever that map popped up everyone would hate it. Eventually everyone I got into MAG (at least 12 people) quit and their reasons were all the same, they were sick of the map imbalance. I would imagine the player retention rate is probably a lot better for the side who gets the best map to defend and gets to easily mow down everyone, while the guys who are fighting the uphill battle are getting sick of it and eventually quit. Makes sense, no?

Higher player retention rate = more players with more hours = more better players/veterans

A long way down the road something is done about it and maps are neutral, way too late though because by then how many people have jumped on the gravy train (SVER) and how many potential good players for Valor/Raven have been lost? Then people start acting like because SVER can still hold the majority of contracts there were never any imbalances. Lol.

That's usually the way I look at it.

IDGAF though, I'm just bored.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 17 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Dec 11, 2012

The hollis is pretty bad man

One of the youngest players actually decent at MAG
BF3 Stats
Message 15 of 17 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Twohothardware wrote:

That's funny, because Valor and Raven accusations of SVER winning the domination contracts were mostly about how easy was Absheron to defend, and I agree. But when neutrality came out, SVER was STILL dominating Dom, and I still remember V&R guys claiming that SVER days of winning were over, but hell it got a lot worse LOL, 'cause we got all the other game mode contracts as well. That could be because, maybe some other Valor and Raven maps on the other game modes were easy to defend as well.

OR… or… or…

Maybe, the legend is true, and SVER is... wait for it...

I can only laugh about you btw!

OP

Message 16 of 17 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4020 posts

Dec 12, 2012

VALO-3000 wrote:

Twohothardware wrote:

That's funny, because Valor and Raven accusations of SVER winning the domination contracts were mostly about how easy was Absheron to defend, and I agree. But when neutrality came out, SVER was STILL dominating Dom, and I still remember V&R guys claiming that SVER days of winning were over, but hell it got a lot worse LOL, 'cause we got all the other game mode contracts as well. That could be because, maybe some other Valor and Raven maps on the other game modes were easy to defend as well.

OR… or… or…

Maybe, the legend is true, and SVER is... wait for it...

I can only laugh about you btw!

OP

Absheron Refinery was by far the easiest Dom map to defend because of the clear line of sight at the bunker lines, but it was always the unbalanced number of veteran players on SVER and the larger number of groups and clans playing together that was the reason SVER kept winning after the map neutrality. Also map neutrality makes it harder for less experienced and less skilled players to learn to defend the other PMC's maps and therefore even their own map when you're switching to a different one each game. Veteran and more skilled players learn the in's and out's of maps much quicker.

In the end MAG is a first person shooter and the PMC with the most players that can outkill the other side is going to win 9 times out of 10 no matter what map you're on and so it was always the imbalance in the player base that got way out of hand at MAG's launch when so many went to SVER and stayed there for the easier wins and easier stats that killed the game.

Message 17 of 17 (254 Views)
0 Likes