Jan 26 2013
By: kushmir Wastelander 691 posts

My Farewell Gift to you...

[ Edited ]
17 replies 522 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

I haven't been on this forum in ages and was more surprised it was still up than anything else. I still tease people on my friends list with MAG? messages when I see they have this game popped in. MAG had a good run, guys. But TIME, BETTER TECH and GLITCHES have reduced this title to a shell of its former glory. The graphics were at their best average but at its peak the gameplay was the best FPS had to offer. MAG had so much potential but the execution was horrible. That said, this game showed me the potential MMOFPS had to offer and made my ears tune in when those six letters were mentioned.

With no support and other devs pushing the envelope, however things we used to love (triple knife kills, 40m shotgun blasts and drop-shotting) seem almost silly now. FACT: Any clan worth the name has moved on to Dust 514 and the persistence, consequences and "battles that actually matter" that aren't anywhere else in the genre. You should find a way over there...really, you should.

CCP has given us a way to tempt you with exclusive in-game items by giving Dust players a recruiting link for friends, and even though I don't know many of you, I know you want to enjoy a better experience than this...If not? I understand. Sometimes we're more comfortable with things the way they are (even when they're bad and dysfunctional) and that's cool too, I wont judge you. Those of you who are addicted to upgrade and progress like I AM? Here you go: https://dust514.com/recruit/WkErUd/

Since I wont see the responses...Good luck and Godspeed. Maybe i'll see you in New Eden.

Kushmir Nadian, Valor Coalition CEO. ROFL Alliance

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2415 posts

Re: My Farewell Gift to you...

Jan 26, 2013

You stink at this game. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (465 Views)
Wastelander
846 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Tony is my role model.
alt= H-A-Z-A-R-D-_-V
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 26, 2013

You want people to leave a bad, dysfunctional game for another game that is worse in every way. FPS mechanics are horrible, graphics are worse than MAG and that's bad. Dust is great on paper and that's it. I would tell these people to wait for Defiance which is a much better MMO and shooter with PVE and PVP but only if you like 3rd person. Dust has nothing to offer outside of the lore of the EVE universe.

Why do you think they are trying to get us to recruit people? Because no one wants to play this game and the ones who did download it when it went to open beta stopped playing. Dust is a dying gamein it's beta. Any developer that charges people to play the beta of a "free to play" game the game was obviously doomed from the start.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (447 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5167 posts

Jan 26, 2013

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Because no one wants to play this game and the ones who did download it when it went to open beta stopped playing.

Almost everyone in ROFL still plays the beta since its it became open. Not to mention the increasing amount of accounts being made.

http://dustboard.com/global/

I actually like the FPS mechanics. It's much like MAG and isn't a flashing laser pointer like in CoD or BF3. There's also recoil opposed to the RBS that almost everyone in MAG hated with a passion.

Given, the graphics are not satisfactorily, but the polygons are there. It just needs better textures.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

The best farewell gift you could of given to us is just not coming here to post again.

And nobody cares about Dust514. It's another failed attempt to re-create what MAG had and it's already flopping face first before release. The only ones that are going to stay with Dust514 are those that manage to suck less in it than they did on MAG. *cough*

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (413 Views)
Wastelander
846 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Purples over grims yo
alt= H-A-Z-A-R-D-_-V
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3277 posts

Jan 26, 2013

The fact you are saying DUST is better than MAG makes your opinion void.

I would rather play a verl laggy, rubberbanding, shot through walls MAG game than play the garbage they call DUST

photo FreeRohullav1_zpsc97c3011.png
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (394 Views)
First Son
6 posts

\Re: My Farewell Gift to you...

Jan 29, 2013

Dust may have tribue armor to MAG players, but man, no.

No.

Just no.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 29, 2013

CptKirby wrote:

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Because no one wants to play this game and the ones who did download it when it went to open beta stopped playing.

Almost everyone in ROFL still plays the beta since its it became open. Not to mention the increasing amount of accounts being made.

http://dustboard.com/global/

I actually like the FPS mechanics. It's much like MAG and isn't a flashing laser pointer like in CoD or BF3. There's also recoil opposed to the RBS that almost everyone in MAG hated with a passion.

Given, the graphics are not satisfactorily, but the polygons are there. It just needs better textures.

Yeah new characters are being made but if you actually pay attention on the Dust forums people quit after 1 day. Go to the BF3 forums and they are bashing the **bleep** out of the game. Of course people are going to try it because it's free but Dust can't keep people playing.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (240 Views)
0 Likes