Fender Bender
3456 posts

Re: Why's it seem like MAG is still in BETA?

Mar 30, 2010

Drebin_187 wrote:

IamI3rian wrote:

FireyRei wrote:
Seems ok to me: I just started two days ago.

BF:BC2 - is a game that really, obviously needs more attention.

Exactly.Had you been in the beta, which had more stuff, you might think otherwise. On top of that, yeah MAG's the best around, but eating the tastiest piece of liver isn't very tasty is it?

The removal of all the other clothing items is definitely dissapointing, but the game as it is now is a vast improvement over the beta in almost every way. 

Yes it would be nice if the whole LMG situation was resolved, but overall I think the game is the best that it has been at this point.

I'd agree, if SVER had a signature gun. And before you ask, no. Right now we're on Valor. T1 new school LMG. Raven had an ATAC. SVER has a vip.... Oh right. Nerf. Even the SCAR-L/H and the 553 are better than anything SVER has. It's ok though, when we're over there, we'll just kill you and take your gun. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Mar 30, 2010

IamI3rian wrote:

Drebin_187 wrote:

IamI3rian wrote:

FireyRei wrote:

Exactly.Had you been in the beta, which had more stuff, you might think otherwise. On top of that, yeah MAG's the best around, but eating the tastiest piece of liver isn't very tasty is it?

The removal of all the other clothing items is definitely dissapointing, but the game as it is now is a vast improvement over the beta in almost every way. 

Yes it would be nice if the whole LMG situation was resolved, but overall I think the game is the best that it has been at this point.

I'd agree, if SVER had a signature gun. And before you ask, no. Right now we're on Valor. T1 new school LMG. Raven had an ATAC. SVER has a vip.... Oh right. Nerf. Even the SCAR-L/H and the 553 are better than anything SVER has. It's ok though, when we're over there, we'll just kill you and take your gun. :smileyhappy:

Like you I have 3 accounts, one for each faction.  In my experience the AG-94 is the most widely liked gun on sver, although my favorite is still the vipera.  I like the fact that the kp5 is now very effective, I agree that the nerf to the vipera was just a little too much, and the F90 is, well....the F90

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 30, 2010

ok im tired of hearing all the whining about patches and o it was so much coller before and blah blah but you were probably all the same babies that whined for the changes they jus didnt get done in your manner so now ur crying ie flashbangs o we want flashbangs o we want flashbangs out come the flash bangs now everyone cries cuz everyone uses flashbangs shut up and playt and be happy that in mag u can kill a guy with a rocket and not auto dies in some javeline glitch. no one here has a succesful game in market they designed or even contributed to so until u have to deal with all the crap they do just shut up and play and btw to everyone that thinks they know how the game should be and how easy it is to fix it go apply at a flippen game developer and show me up hell call me out in a game if you do these designers get paid booku money for a reason and its not cuz "its as simple as a patch" let zipper do what they want if they put us in skirts to play either shut up and play or get lost its one groups vision they have an idea and a plan and they will do with it what they like again if you don like it go make a better game and beat it out

jus sayin

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3681 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Drebin_187 wrote:

IamI3rian wrote:

FireyRei wrote:

Have you tried killing someone with a pistol?  The knife is easier...

In fact, the knife in MAG is easy mode at it's most obvious.  Game balance is way !@#4ed up in this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Mar 30, 2010

DougJK wrote:

I didn't play in the beta but it seems like there are so many complaints and things that could be improved.

and so many things have even been changed since release.

I'd like an official response as to if they were rushed or what?

Have you played an online game before?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
893 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Sindikit wrote:

DougJK wrote:

I didn't play in the beta but it seems like there are so many complaints and things that could be improved.

and so many things have even been changed since release.

I'd like an official response as to if they were rushed or what?

Have you played an online game before?

Console games are usually finished by release. Maybe some bug fixes left.

But not complete changes in parts of the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Mar 30, 2010

They didn't just release 2 PMCs and leave the 3rd one until after release.  The game was "finished" upon the end of Beta, but with the amount of more people playing the game and having reviewed game data over a period of time and recieved a multitude of feedback from the community, they are now pushing to tweak and tone their game to their liking.  Online games will always be tweaked and changed..

Take something on the PC like Everquest and World of Warcraft...those games have been around quite awhile and they are still doing major changes to the game almost on a regular basis.  It's an ongoing process, and as new things are introduced to the game, other things undergo change to suit.

Even console games like MW2 needed to be changed after Beta.  Just because a game tweak things here and there doesn't mean that it was released too early...if that was the case, the game would never be released because it would never be "done".

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
893 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Those games are RPGs, this is an FPS.

Those games are usually updated on a weekly basis. Planned things to be added to the game or fixes from a previous update.

This game, they're fixing things that should have been fixed before release, changing how alot of things work, things I think that should have been fixed in beta.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Mar 30, 2010

Note that I also mentioned MW2, an FPS, which also updates and makes changes as much as MAG.  This game is no different than any other online game, no matter the genre. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Mar 30, 2010

S-Laughter wrote:

Drebin_187 wrote:

IamI3rian wrote:

FireyRei wrote:

Have you tried killing someone with a pistol?  The knife is easier...

In fact, the knife in MAG is easy mode at it's most obvious.  Game balance is way !@#4ed up in this game.

Yes I have, and I'm quite good with it, so I really don't know what to tell you. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (3 Views)
0 Likes