Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 03 2011
By: dv8edhitman Sackboy 483 posts

Zipper.,, This is a Simple Question

9 replies 50 views Edited Sep 3, 2011

Are you going to make or have plans in making a sequel to MAG!

If not, are you going to sell your rights to your engine to another company so they can make a sequel?

I am sick of dreaming, you have done nothing with this game as of recent, and your loyal following is wondering, even the disgruntled are following.

Tips for you Zipper if you have a sequel

Make more commercials for the game then the one.  Bad move on your part. In order for you to sell the game you must "Sell the Game!!!"

All the current players know the bad stuff that happens in the game including the servers, so they will give there opinion on whats currently going on but that doesn't matter at this moment.  You need new blood. people to play and purchase your product period. New maps, new objectives, creative ideas, and a better server infrostructure.

I will also email this to smarty pants, if she is still on you staff, and a couple of other mods, to see if you swiftly reply, I posted this so if you answer to this others can see what is on zipper's mind.  I'm curious..

Message 1 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6232 posts

Re: Zipper.,, This is a Simple Question

Sep 3, 2011

MSP got fired/redundant

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
515 posts

Sep 3, 2011

Well, I give you kudos for trying to send a wake up call.. However, I should note that MssSmartyPants along with most of the development team from Zipper were layed off shortly after Socom4 horrible reviews.. There is no one minding the store anymore with reference to MAG. Although people have been screaming about the glithcers, lag switchers, and the ridiculous rubber band glitch nothing has been done at all !! This shows there is going to be no more improvements or fixes for MAG.. 

As far as a MAG-2, that is not going to happen. I made a post many months ago that as bad as the MAG marketing was and it was reaaly bad. It felt in the begining that MAG was like one long beta.. Many of the issue that were present in both the open and closed betas for MAG were never entirely fixed even after the launch. This made me think since they were using this to test the limits of the PS3 and its network capabilites. It was there plan to prove they can do 256 players in one game. They did accomplish that but then did nothing with it.. I do not think there will be a MAG-2 but I do think we will see other games come out in the next year or so that support larger and larger in game battles.

RocketRob99
Message 3 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3783 posts

Sep 3, 2011

The president of Zipper basically said yes there will be a sequel to MAG. He said that he likes franchises, and that MAG did well for a first release, and so...

Message 4 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Sep 3, 2011

RocketRob99 wrote:

Well, I give you kudos for trying to send a wake up call.. However, I should note that MssSmartyPants along with most of the development team from Zipper were layed off shortly after Socom4 horrible reviews.. There is no one minding the store anymore with reference to MAG. Although people have been screaming about the glithcers, lag switchers, and the ridiculous rubber band glitch nothing has been done at all !! This shows there is going to be no more improvements or fixes for MAG.. 

As far as a MAG-2, that is not going to happen. I made a post many months ago that as bad as the MAG marketing was and it was reaaly bad. It felt in the begining that MAG was like one long beta.. Many of the issue that were present in both the open and closed betas for MAG were never entirely fixed even after the launch. This made me think since they were using this to test the limits of the PS3 and its network capabilites. It was there plan to prove they can do 256 players in one game. They did accomplish that but then did nothing with it.. I do not think there will be a MAG-2 but I do think we will see other games come out in the next year or so that support larger and larger in game battles.

RocketRob99

A long beta that beats any FPS out there!

Message 5 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1393 posts

Sep 3, 2011

SILENTSAM69 wrote:

The president of Zipper basically said yes there will be a sequel to MAG. He said that he likes franchises, and that MAG did well for a first release, and so...

we will all cross our fingers and hope they fix the top step so we can move to the next floor with out coming to a complete stop and have to jump the rest of the way up.

Message 6 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1323 posts

Sep 4, 2011

zipper isnt here anymore..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

nope not here

Message 7 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Sep 4, 2011

Yep, just what I though no reply in my E-mail and no reply in here from the Mods...LOL Still waiting... I guess i will move on when Dust 514 comes out.  Because thats what everyone else will do if the MAG part of Zipper don't do something about it.

You guys started the real MMOFPS part of it...... keep it going...Please!!  You knew and know the Unreal Engine was going to catch on to this sooner or later..  You are just going to let them steal all your cliants...LOL

Message 8 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1323 posts

Sep 4, 2011

you do realize its a holiday weekend right?

labor day

Message 9 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Sep 4, 2011

Am I bad just my Impatience, i guess.

Message 10 of 10 (50 Views)
0 Likes