It would be better If you do good in Spring Training maybe start in AAA because I batted 667 in spring and was starting as a AA bench. So I think u do good u get to start higher anyone agree.
That defeats the whole purpose of road to the show. All that would do is make people play spring on rookie mode so they could move up faster.
I really don't know if anyone has suggested any of the ideas I'm about to, so bear with me.
My foremost wish to be added to The Show for years to come is to be able to import your player from the previous year into the new game (ala the Madden Franchise). I really want to see my player make it to the Hall of Fame, or at least achieve certain milestones. I have committed a great amount of gameplay to my specific character and with the grind of going through the minors and getting to the majors I have gone through 5 full seasons only to just be a regular all star with amazing attributes without the stats to back it up yet. I understand there are those hardcores that get their milestones but to achieve an even stronger base it would be great not to have to start from scratch every single year a new MLB comes out. Baseball is a game that is all about numbers...so is the video game world, so why not give gamers the added incentive of purchasing the new title to forward their characters while displaying the incredible improvements that you developers put into the game year after year.
Also, I know it has been said over and over but a homer-run derby would be a nice treat. I know development, like baseball is a grind and you can only do so much in the "offseason", but it would be a heart-warming welcome to those avid Show fans out there. Along with the WBC being thrown into the game along with an more bolstered presentation that likes fans have yet to see, the Show can officially close the door on the 2k series having any chance of becoming the front-running baseball title.
Also, on a technical note, I have noticed a glitch when going through RTTS with my pitcher. Occasionally a bunt will be put into play that will cause my character(pitcher) to freeze and wait for one of the other fielders to take charge causing runs to score and easy infield hits.
If I think of anything else I will be sure to mark it down, it is really refreshing to know the developers really take heed of what the consumers have to say about their product.
Cheers to another amazing season.
Some more suggestions:
1. The amount of shade/sunlight atthe stadiums for night games is almost perfect but the shade over the ballparksduring day games never changes. Day games should start with basically no shadeover the stadium or field and should end with the field partially shaded (Ie.The way Great American Ballpark looks for Day games in mlb 09 is the way itshould be looking by the 7th-9th innings, but theirshould be almost no shade cover over the field at all for the first 6innings…the same goes for other stadiums like dodger stadium which isn’t shadedfor most of the game). The bottom line is, ballparks (especially new yankeestadium, citi field, land shark stadium, at&t park) are way too shadedduring day games in mlb ’09, making it look like 1:00 PM games look like theyare beginning at 5:00 or even later.
2. Have Ichiro do his running swingand more custom follow throughs
3. Be able to edit the windspeed/direction for exhibition mode, etc.
4. Get a better broadcastpresentation (Like MLB Network, ESPN, or Fox Sports)
5. Home Run Derby is a must, but itwould be crazy if there was the Futures Game during All-Star Weekend for RTTSand Franchise modes.
6. More custom batting stances forthe current players and less for the retired players
7. Don’t have the players w/ the closedbatting stances (Ie. Yunel Escobar) have their front toe literally outside thebatters box and over the strike zone
8. Ground Balls should actuallybounce off the bases at times (I’ve never seen it happen in the ’09 game)
9. When you do a franchise, youshould have the ability to either create a new stadium to draw more fans oredit your current stadium in some way (like adding LED boards, etc.). In MLB’09, you can choose to add seats or new features to your stadium, but the stadiumlooks exactly the same, no seats or resteraunts, etc. are actually added to thestadium.
10. The sliding stops that theshort stops and second baseman make on balls into the gaps are veryunrealistic. The sliding stops themselves to keep the ball from getting to theoutfield aren’t as unrealistic as how quick they get up from the ground andfire the ball with as much arm strength and accuracy as a routine ground ball.
11. I’m not saying it should happenoften, but the runner heading to second base on a double play ball should beable to break up the double play with a good slide every now and then. I hardlyever see this happen in the ’09 game, no matter how good the slide into 2ndbase is.
-The same goesfor baserunners that bulldoze the catcher at home plate; I’ve never seen thecatcher drop the ball after a collision in MLB ’09, in real life the catcherusually hangs on but sometimes doesn’t. This, like the breaking up of thedouble play, shouldn’t happen very often, but they should occur at least oncein a while.
12. Be able to move the playercloser to or further from home plate when batting. This would be helpful if apitcher keeps jamming you or pitching on the outside corners consistently.
13. Have the knuckleball not moveas much in indoor stadiums (R.A. Dickey’s knuckleball moves way too much in theHHH Metrodome in MLB ’09)
14. In Dodger Stadium, there is waytoo much foul territory down the left and right field lines; the stands shouldbe brought closer to the foul lines.
15. When you are in edit player forRTTS or just editing players in general, be able to switch the jersey to baggyor loose.
16. As I said earlier, there shouldbe rain delays in franchise and RTTS, but the ballparks w/ retractable roofsshould not have rain delays, and have the roof close so the game can continue.In MLM ’09, even when you select the weather to be rain at retractable roofballparks such as Safeco Field and Minute Miad Park, the roof remains openthroughout the game as the rain falls. The reality is, Minute Maid parkactually has the roof closed for most, if not all of the Astros home games frommid June on through August due to the humidity and scorching heat in Houston.
17. Even if the Marlins are good inthe RTTS or Franchise modes, the upper deck seats at Land Shark Stadium shouldstill almost never be filled.
18. Be able to persuade players outof retirement in Franchise mode by offering them extra money or by promising theplayer that they will win the World Series in the next season.
19. Add Big Mac Land or somethingthat resembles it at Busch Stadium.
20. When CPU Roster Control is onfor Franchise mode and you edit the other teams’ lineups, they should remainthe same when the game starts. InMLB ’09 I put Grady Sizemore to bat 3rd in the lineup and he alwaysbats first, and the opposite occurs with Ichiro, who I put at leadoff, but healways bats 3rd.
21. Be able to choose hat styles.Like a worn out hat (like Eric Gagne) or to the side (like Johnny Cueto).
22. Sometimes, especially after Isimulate innigs, the swing analysis just goes off and I can no longer utilizeit.
23. When you eidt your player forRTTS or are editing players in general, be able to select not only their secondpositions but their third positions as well. For example, when I created KyleBlanks of the Padres, I wanted to make him a Left Fielder, Right Fielder, and FirstBaseman, because e plays all those positions. However, I couldn’t do thisbecause if I was to choose 1b as his secondary position, I couldn’t make him aright fielder as well.
24. Be able to control CPU rosters’player movement in RTTS, but still don’t be able to edit lineups and depthcharts of any team. This way, teams will stay realistic as the years go on.
25. In Franchise mode, trade valueshould be based on statistics, not the players’ rating, because that would meanthat guys like Jose Guillen or Magglio Ordonez would have good to great tradevalue even though they are having bad years.
26. Be able to have a replay optionfor batting practice or Home Run Derby (if there is one).
27. Be able to switch jersey fitsfrom normal to loose (Ie. Orlando Cabrera wears an extremely loose jersey).
28. Eugenio Velez Batting Stance
29. More wall collisions (I see playersjust running through walls when they catch balls on the run sometimes in MLB’09)
How bout you can remake history. For example you have to break up Zambrano's no hitter. I really want this. You can get trophies(coplete 10 history remakes)
Another idea would be to have sports center after every franchise/RTTS game. with web gems and you can see how your player performed
Another cool idea is to have the right annoncers for your franchise/ RTTS player's team and correct station. (i.e. Rem Dog and Orsillo NESEN. ) And on good games there could be Monday, Wednesday or Sunday night baseball with Joe Morgan and them.
Last idea is to have the announcers have an intervie with someone in the back round.
2K9's commentary is better
I think there should be an option to beat the crap out of your manager for taking you out of the game to early just because you give up one hit in the 6th or 7th inning on a continuous basis. I know there is the option in interactions to ask your manager why he pulled you but seldomly for me does he actually keep me in longer
Many of the ideas I have had, have already been said