May 08 2004
By: FastPAt~ Treasure Hunter 8165 posts

Game Book, manual, ect.

7 replies 19 views Edited May 8, 2004
Do you read the manuals that come with the game, Why or why not?
And do you ever get the Strat. Guide for a game even tho you can still beat the game?

Well to tell you the truth for me I do read the manuals sometimes when I am reallying into the game, when I got FF7 I read that game book at least 7 times before I played, and then even tho I beat the game twice before I still bought the Strat Guide just to have it. I think reading the manual is a good way to start a game (unless you rent it) because then people will know what they are doing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4026 posts

Re: Game Book, manual, ect.

May 8, 2004

,FastPAt wrote:
And do you ever get the Strat. Guide for a game even tho you can still beat the game?

Well to tell you the truth for me I do read the manuals sometimes when I am reallying into the game, when I got FF7 I read that game book at least 7 times before I played, and then even tho I beat the game twice before I still bought the Strat Guide just to have it. I think reading the manual is a good way to start a game (unless you rent it) because then people will know what they are doing.

I only look at the game manual to understand how to work the controls...  and even then, only if the game doesn't explain them.. There are some games that have one or two options for movement, but others... well let's just say that they are complicated to the extreme...

As for Game Guides... I buy them some of them for after I play the game...RPG's mostly...  I want to be able to find all the secrets on my own, but invariably, I'll miss some... so the book does come in handy... 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

May 8, 2004

,FastPAt wrote:

I do sometimes, but it's deffinately the exception instead of the rule. I usually just read the bios of the characters, I like to figure out the controls myself.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

May 8, 2004

,FastPAt wrote:

I usually don't real the manual unless I need to know what something does. And it depends on the game for strategy guides. I always buy them for the GTA games, because it makes beating the game just that much more easier
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18758 posts

May 8, 2004
I rarly read the manual for games unless I really don't know what something is. For rented games I usually have no option but NOT to read the manual beacuse it's never there

I RARLY buy game guides unless I get stuck at a really hard part, or I have nothing better to do. I usually go online to look something up if I really have to, but I rarly do that too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

May 8, 2004

,coreno wrote:
I rarly read the manual for games unless I really don't know what something is. For rented games I usually have no option but NOT to read the manual beacuse it's never there

I RARLY buy game guides unless I get stuck at a really hard part, or I have nothing better to do. I usually go online to look something up if I really have to, but I rarly do that too.

Agreed....Very little manual reading and only strategy guide I usually buy are for the Mortal Kombat games.  Pretty book and you can always refer to it to know the FATALITIES!  Especially with the last version with the Krypt Koffin's, it came in very handy.
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

May 10, 2004
I always read the instruction manuals. Sometimes they tell you cool stuff you can do that you probably wouldn't figure out on your own.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
507 posts

May 14, 2004
Manuals:  Kinda depends on the game.  I'll usually read the manual for brand new games that I'm excited about hehe.  But when it comes to grabbing a "2nd choice" type filler game, I usually just kinda jump in.  I used to read the manuals religiously.  Really!  Like, chanting and sacrificing animals, the whole works...J/K. 

Game Guides:  Honestly, I hate to admit it, but I used to buy them a lot more before there were almost instantly available guides on the net for just about every game made within a month or two of its release.  Sorry, game guide industry, I always thought you were a ripoff, but I do feel a little guilty using net-guides instead.  Okay, not THAT guilty. :smileywink:  Really, though, during the golden years of the PC turn-based RPGs, I used to think there HAD to be a conspiracy going on, whereby absolutely ridiculous puzzles were created with absolutely no sensible or logical solution, in order to FORCE players to buy the guides.  Nowadays, I only buy a game guide if, again, it's some new game I'm completely excited about that's hopelessly complex (RPGs).  But, well, with so many RPGs being more and more shallow these days, you can figure I buy guides VERY, VERY rarely.

Stu
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes