Mar 06 2006
By: digikoto Fender Bender 4200 posts

Let's Get to know YOU!!!!

100 replies 362 views Edited Mar 6, 2006
Since we have a "Get to Know Your MVPs" thread.  Let's get to know our non-MVPs.  (I hate saying "non-MVPs" and "newcomers".  You are all MVPs in my book because of the great topics you guys bring everyday and I'm probably newer to these forums than half of you )

Anyway, let's be mindful of the privacy policy,  But if you have a Pic or a mini gaming/interests bio you'd like to post, LET'S HAVE IT!!!!!  I think this is a good way to foster relations between all our board members and establish a mutual respect for each other's tastes and interests.  When I have time, I'll edit this and post my own data.

**EDIT**

Here go my brief bio:

Name:  B
Hometown:  DC
Interests:  My wife, my family, God, Writing music, Playing Music, Playing with the bands I'm a member of, Playing football, Videogames, Web Design, etc
Favorite Music Genres:  I like all music.  As a musician I believe you have to be or you will limit yourself.  I'm an advocate of not labeling it.  I'm like Charlie Mingus.  I just call it music.
Favorite Game Genre
:  RPGs
Favorite RPG:  Secret of Mana (SNES)

Thats pretty much me in a nutshell. 

Message Edited by Blaq on 03-06-200611:19 PM

Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Re: Let's Get to know YOU!!!!

Mar 6, 2006
I don't have a picture of me on the computer at the moment, the only picture I have is of when I broke my teeth 3 years ago. Which I guess I could talk about considering the thread. :smileytongue: Anyways, I was in Toronto and my brother had won a scholarship for a dance (hipHop) camp there so we went but since it was about him we had all the days basically free without him. So I looked up a skate park down there and I brought my saktes (No skateboarding here folks. Rollerblades all the way. nes made for grinding and tricks of course)  but I got there and literally five minutes after I got rolling I went up a ramp that had a crack in it and I saw it, so I tried to jump over it, but my boot still caught crack and I flew into the next ramp up. Face first, BAM! Two teeth gone. At first I didn't even notice I had broken them. I just wanted to keep skating you know. But...whatever. :smileytongue:

But back to the more basic stuff :smileytongue:
My name is Matthew, more commonly Matt :smileytongue: and I'm 14 years old. I was born on March 17th (St. Patrick's Day) so that means my birthday is just next week :smileytongue: I'm pretty excited but there's not much on my birthday list this year, it's mostly all just money, a hat, a tshirt and a pair of headphones. :smileytongue: I'm currently a student in the International program (advanced) at my school, so tht means that we cover alot of Grade 10 topics although we're in Grade 9, also, in grade 10 (at the end of the year) we take a trip to Spain. I can't wait. It's going to be awesome I live in Montreal, which means hell yes I speak french. :smileytongue: I also speak spanish thanks to the same International program I just talked about. So far I've had 3 of 4 years worth of Spanish classes. I'm not fluent but I can easily get by and I can understand what they say in some movies now. I feel so superior. :smileytongue:

My hobbies, hmmm, well, as I stated above I love rollerblading, but not just the 'let's go for a skate around the block teehee' type of rollerblading. I'm into the grinding part of it. These are what my skates look like.. Picture Picture Picture Obviously they're much more beat up after constant use but you get the point. The boot is wide for grinding, and as you can see there is a gap between the third and second wheel, this almose makes for grinding They look big and bulky but they're actually quite light and uber comfortable!

I also like to collect things. I'm big on cars. Like, huge on cars. I have 19 or so 1:18th scale model cars. Here's an old(er) picture, I have around 2 or 3 more after this picture was taken, but you get the point Picture I love thse things to death. i'm currently looking for the Mercedes McLarent, and the McLaren something or other :smileytongue: It's just a bunch of letter and frankly, I'm disappointed I can't remember what letters they are. :smileytongue:

I'm also *points to tag in sig* a huge fan of the raiders, Like, HUGE. You have no idea. My room is plastered with Oakland Raiders collectables and memerobilia. I have over 50 items probably. I couldn't even try to list them all. One day I'll put everything on my bed and take a picture, but not today My most prized Raiders collectable is my Full Sized helmet. It's so sweet an takes a permanent spot upon my TV. So that I see it everyday no matter what

It goes without saying that I love Video Games. Ever since I was little really I've loved them. My parent's had gotten me and my brother a gameboy each and a Nintendo 64 one christmas and we were hooked (myself more so than him, but whatever :smileytongue:) Ever since I've been current on the gaming front and haven't lost a bit of taste for video games. I just rented Psychonauts yesterday and so far I'm just loving the originality of it. But my favorite game is, without a doubt, Final Fantasy VII. IT was just my first final fantasy and it was so immersive and different for me. I've played it COUNTLESS times but that doesn't matter. My first true love in video games would probably have to be Diddy Kong Racing or Goldeneye. Sure, they were some of my first games but they were so great, Goldeneye however, stays one of my favorite shooters. That's why I'm looking forward to my brother picking up the Revolution so that I can download Goldeneye and play it all over again. It's gonna be great!

Last, but not least, I'm a big fan of swords, although I don't have many (swords are expensive y'know) I still love them. I have 4. Two are short but the other two are huge. Lik, from my chest to the floor (I'm 5'8") So you get the idea.

I look forward to see ing what the rest of you are interested in and if we share any of the same interests :smileytongue:

EDIT: Holy crap, I use alot of smileys! I never knew I was such a smiley junky :smileytongue:

Message Edited by TheLostChild on 03-06-200608:59 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23051 posts

Mar 6, 2006
Hey my names is Ash, I'm 17, born on the 25th of February, 1989 and I live in Bristol, England!:smileyhappy: Here is a picture of me.:smileytongue:

Well what do I like doing? I'm a huge soccer fan (as are most from the UK) and I support Bristol City (my home town) and I also play for their youth academy so I'm pretty good when it comes to soccer, in fact I'm pretty good at all sports, I excel in everything I participate in and I'm an honorary student at the College I attend (Yes College starts at 16 here).:smileyhappy:

I'm into a lot of music but my main preference are Rock, Metal, Emo and Alternative, my favourite band is Coheed & Cambria who are just amazing! (I saw em live.:smileytongue:) and I also love Panic! At The Disco (Seen em live too.:smileytongue:) I'll give any music a chance and I think music is a great source of entertainment, music affects me in a lot of ways, really music keeps me going and it is amazing where and how music is incorporated into everything, if we didn't have music then life would be dull it would just suck big time and people would be depressed, music is the fruit of life and it could single handedly keep people sane...so enjoy all the music you can get, all music is unique and awesome.:smileyhappy::smileywink:

I attend a college called St.Brendans, a Catholic College who's main objective is to give everybody equal rights and status, it's a great college and I represent them in their soccer team, I study a variety of subjects there, unfortunately, it isn't the best college and I'll be moving on next year, to a better more advanced college where I can master my skills and hopefully pass more courses, it'll be a better experience to attend a different college and I'll be glad to make new friends.:smileywink::smileyhappy:

I have a girlfriend (Yes 11k plus posts and I do still have a life.) her name is Charlene and I've been with her nearly a year, infact I'll share the story of how I got with her for you, if you click this link then it should take you to my post describing how we came to be, anyways the point is that I love her to bit's, we've been together quite a while and she just keeps me going, she motivates me to be myself and I just love to be around her, I could be in a dull and sullen mood and she'll come over, hug me, kiss me and I'll smile for the rest of the day, she is just fab and makes my life complete, there is nobody I've met who I would rather be with now than her, she's just awesome and I'll never forget what she told me, she wrote me a little poem which said...

When I am lying alone in my bed
All sorts of thoughts come into my head
Like why do I love you as much as I do?
Then I know it'd because you are you!

I'll always remember that and I'll tell everyone now, the only way you're going to be able to have a successful relationship in life is by being yourself, don't try to be somebody you aren't and don't try to act all big, it doesn't work, just be yourself as being yourself is the best you can be..you're being unique.:smileyhappy:

As well as all that, I do love to game, I love playing my Playstation and it's great fun, my favourite genre of games would be Action/Adventure which include Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper. I'm an avid gamer and I'll give anything a try though and I do enjoy a good FPS or Racing game now and then, infact I would say that I'm really competitive when it comes to gaming and I'll happily whip any of my friends when they come around. :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

A few games which I hope to pick up in the near future are; Resident Evil 4, God of War, Shadow of The Collosus and a few other titles due to be released, I also hope to expand my horizons and pick up the Playstation 3 when it's released, I hope that it'll be a great console and it'll have no problem blasting the competition!:smileytongue::smileyhappy:

For the future, I don't know what it holds for me, all I am thinking of now is getting on with college, getting myself the best grades I can and being successful in the future, I hope to one day settle down with a lovely lady,marry her, have a child and live my life worry free because it's the only chance I'll get, I strive to be the best person I can and I just want to help everyone, I get told I'm a good kid and I hope that continues, I'll always put somebody else before me and I'm always looking out for people, I'm just a good hearted guy I suppose.:smileyhappy:

So yeah, Blaq, that's a little about me, what about you, I know that you like to express yourself through music but what do we know about you, very little, so let's get to know you, you as a decent guy here on this forum, what are your hobbies, your background and such?:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Game-Sage101 on 03-06-200604:27 PM

Message Edited by Game-Sage101 on 03-06-200604:27 PM

Message Edited by Game-Sage101 on 03-06-200604:29 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Mar 6, 2006
Well im not gonna type a whole lot but here it goes:

My username is hkkevinc (lol) and i enjoy lots of different sports like football, baseball, and i like playing soccer. if its something that i can play, i like it. I also play a sport called squash which i dont think any of you have heard of (except if your from england or australia or a place like that). and i live in the USA. Im an averaged knowleged computer person. i know more than the average person would know about computers, yet im not the best. I get good grades (mostly a's but usually about 2 b's). o yea and my hobbies are sports, computers, video games, and i like cars. yea its kinda a guy thing i guess
Signatures and Avatars
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Mar 6, 2006

TheLostChild wrote:
I also like to collect things. I'm big on cars. Like, huge on cars. I have 19 or so 1:18th scale model cars. Here's an old(er) picture, I have around 2 or 3 more after this picture was taken, but you get the point Picture I love thse things to death. i'm currently looking for the Mercedes McLarent, and the McLaren something or other :smileytongue: It's just a bunch of letter and frankly, I'm disappointed I can't remember what letters they are. :smileytongue:

I have that model car in that scale. its kinda broken though. but still really nice.
Signatures and Avatars
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5586 posts

Mar 6, 2006

Sorry if it is a little long, but oh well.

Usernames: Shadowmeld/Corrosive/AfterfazE

Favorite Video Game: Halo 2

Favorite Type of Music: Rap, Rock, Techno, Classical

Favorite Injestibles: Pizza, Macaroni, Torritas, Quesadilas, Hamburgesas, and Steak

Favorite Weapon- Swiss Army Knife, Civilian Sniper Rifle (sorry, just had to throw that one in there)

Favorite Type of Music: Anything that sounds good, has nice beats,

Nationality: Multiracial -- 3 different races- Viva La Raza, Vato Locos!

Birthday: September 21

Favorite Expression: Yawning

Favorite Type of Machine: My Dell XPS

Little Know Facts:

I am a collector of things that are shiny

Am into art. Street art, pastel, open canvases, spraypaint and inkpens, you name it

I suffer from Vertigo a little bit

Fastest speed I have gone is 110 mph

I am not online alot because I have so much stuff to do

I play Halo 2 sometimes, but not always

Plans to get a 360 soon

Has too much clothes to count

Make alot of friends online because I am cool like that

I have over 87 alts on Ratchet Deadlocked

Ok, that is all I have to share, thank you for your time

Message Edited by Shadowmeld on 03-06-200604:37 PM

Message Edited by Shadowmeld on 03-06-200606:23 PM

Photobucket
I've done the math and discovered I was never part of the equation.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Mar 6, 2006
well lets see here... lol!!!
i am currently playing: guild wars (pc), black (ps2), xenogears(ps1), and the rest of my gaming time is split between devil may cry 3sp, socom 3 (venom_zerohero is the gamertag), x-men legends II, and jak x: combat racing (dont play online yet).

Favorite games: guild wars, diablo (both the pc and the ps1 verisions and the second game as well), warcraft (all of them), metal gear solid (all of them, and even the nes games), ace combat (played them all and loved every single one, but i currently have number 5), resident evil (also played them all, have them all for the ps family), the unreal tournament (both the pc games and the systems games), and last is the KoToR series (even though i hated the ending of the second game).

i currently live in Az, avondale

i go to Asu west, currently studing secondary education

ive been playing video games since the late atri system, and early nintendo.... (my pops, when i was young, he used play his atri with me in his lap... i was like 1 or 2)

and im currently am a employee at gamestop at 75 and thomas in phoenix, az... (ever in az, come in and ill hook up with a discount...)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Mar 6, 2006
well theres not much to tell that ppl don't already know , i used to be an mvp , but i was kicked out cause i guess i "complained" too much or whatever , i guess if i just not posted at all i'd proablly be a mvp still?  i play ffxi , i like survival horror games , ex: resident evil , onimusha, silent hill ect..... i also like metal gear soild, the most recent game i just picked up was black , and the next game i'll probally be looking forward to is okami , but i do plan on picking up the new onimusha game that just came out.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5592 posts

Mar 6, 2006
This is a great idea!:smileytongue:

Well, My name is Ryan and I'm 26 yrs old..i live in San antonio, tx and I  just moved here from florida due to my last house being destroyed by hurricane Charlie, jeanne and Ivan ( it was a rough few months there for awhile :smileytongue:) Right now I'm a chef a johhny carino's italian resturant and I have a degree in culinary Arts. I started playing video games way back in the late Atari days and have been ever since. I'm a loyal Sony fan but I also own a X-box , nintendo DS and a Gamecube( I like variety :smileytongue:) My favorite genre of gaming is easily the survival horror genre..Resident evil really got me into gaming when it came out on the PS1 and Its been a rollercoaster since then.i just started playing Silent Hill 2 and i have to say the game is amazing..I got a bit of a late start in the Sh series due to the fact that the games are hard to find in my area.. I love Metal gear solid as well and Hideo Kojima is a pure genius..I own every game he's every released in the states( Anybody have a copy of snatcher they dont want anymore?!?!?:smileytongue:) and I'm anxiously awaiting metal gear Solid 3:  Subsistence . The online Portion of the game is going to be monumental and  the addition of the first 2 metal gear games ( one of whihc is coming to the states for the first time :smileyvery-happy:) makes it a must own for any true fan of the series....I'm currently trying to get into video game design school and looking foward to applying next fall so I can start the next step in my life doing something I love very passionetly, making games for all of us!:smileyvery-happy: but until then I'm content to chef up a great meal and sit back and chase some Zombies and prevent a nuclear holocaust! :smileyvery-happy:!

cYa On tHe fLiP SiDe!!!!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4750 posts

Mar 6, 2006
Well... I'm one of the younger members of the boards. Alot of people wouldn't figure that . Well, basically my entire gaming life revolves around the PC. I am and have always been an FPS fan. Counter Strike:smileyfrustrated:ource is no doubt my favorite game right now. My favorite genres are FPS (as stated already), RTS, MMORPG, TPS, OTSS (I don't even know if this is an actual genre :smileyvery-happy:)(Over the shoulder shooters aka Resident Evil 4),and alot of people don't know this but I'm a big RPG fan.

I began playing games around the age of 2 (seriously :smileytongue:) when my cousins had a NES. I would watch them play and was just mezmerized. I pretty much just hit the controller and stuff you would expect from a baby. Duck Hunt was the first game I really played religiously . I think that that really got me into shooters the most next to Quake.

I listen to pretty much any type of music varying from Hip-Hop (can't stand most of the mainstream stuff) to Bluegrass (raised in Kentucky :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy:). I have too many favorite bands but my favorites right now are Tool, APC, and P!ATD. I'll give any music a chance but if I don't even like it a little bit, I probably won't ever give it a chance again .

Computers are probably my favorite thing in the entire world lol. I spend alot of time on them and love to study their hardware and software. I love playing games on them especially. I think that it feels a whole lot better than any controller and is just alot better than console gaming.

Well, I can't think of much more, but if I do I'll edit it in here!

Message Edited by a_chil on 03-07-200609:15 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 101 (362 Views)
0 Likes