Fender Bender
3598 posts

Re: Let's Get to know YOU!!!!

Mar 8, 2006
Occupation: Software Developer.  I actually create PC games for a living, but you probably haven't played them.  I started with BASIC (on the Commodore PET), then Visual Basic, then Delphi, and eventually stuck with my preferred language, C++.
Other Interests: PCs, Home Theatre, Movies, Music (Alternative Rock, Industrial, Synth-Pop, etc.  Long-time Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails fan), Swimming, Golf
Consoles: Playstation, PS2, XBOX 360

My alias Wolffe actually came from "Lord Ironwolffe", the name of my first Dungeons & Dragons character I made (a Thief) probably back when I was about 11.  On the local BBS systems (remember those?), using my faithful TRS-80 Model IV, I used to just sign my messages as 'wolffe.  Eventually I just chopped off the whole first part and just stuck with Wolffe.  Here I am 20 some odd years later still using the same name but in a completely different online world.

I'm really into home theatre, particularly my custom Media Center PCs.  I love movies and music.  I always have my iPod with me.  I have my entire home networked (just finished upgrading everything to gigabit) and I store all of my media (music, movies, photos) on a monster file server that makes everything accessible from any PC around the house.  My PS2 and XBOX 360 are also networked and online, but I don't play online very often.  I just don't have the time to get my skills up to the level where I can be remotely competitive online any more.

I think the game that really started my video-game addiction was probably Zork: The Underground Empire which was one of the best games my TRS-80 had to offer... considering most games were made with big blocky graphics equivalent to today's ASCII characters.  I think I played and finished most of the early Infocom titles on my TRS-80.

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>?
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Mar 8, 2006

Wolffe wrote:
Occupation: Software Developer.  I actually create PC games for a living, but you probably haven't played them.  I started with BASIC (on the Commodore PET), then Visual Basic, then Delphi, and eventually stuck with my preferred language, C++.
Other Interests: PCs, Home Theatre, Movies, Music (Alternative Rock, Industrial, Synth-Pop, etc.  Long-time Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails fan), Swimming, Golf
Consoles: Playstation, PS2, XBOX 360

My alias Wolffe actually came from "Lord Ironwolffe", the name of my first Dungeons & Dragons character I made (a Thief) probably back when I was about 11.  On the local BBS systems (remember those?), using my faithful TRS-80 Model IV, I used to just sign my messages as 'wolffe.  Eventually I just chopped off the whole first part and just stuck with Wolffe.  Here I am 20 some odd years later still using the same name but in a completely different online world.

I'm really into home theatre, particularly my custom Media Center PCs.  I love movies and music.  I always have my iPod with me.  I have my entire home networked (just finished upgrading everything to gigabit) and I store all of my media (music, movies, photos) on a monster file server that makes everything accessible from any PC around the house.  My PS2 and XBOX 360 are also networked and online, but I don't play online very often.  I just don't have the time to get my skills up to the level where I can be remotely competitive online any more.

I think the game that really started my video-game addiction was probably Zork: The Underground Empire which was one of the best games my TRS-80 had to offer... considering most games were made with big blocky graphics equivalent to today's ASCII characters.  I think I played and finished most of the early Infocom titles on my TRS-80.

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>?

Ahhhh the memories 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Mar 8, 2006
Since I first joined up almost a year ago, Wolffe's been one of the funniest and yet most helpful guys around here. He made me my first avatar & sig and put up with my whining about '' Why can't I see the pictures???'' :smileyvery-happy:   He REFUSES to get sucked into any kind of flaming and his netiquitte (?) is one to aspire to. Heck, I'm pretty sure his only weakness is kryptonite. Thanks,Wolffe
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5116 posts

Mar 8, 2006

Name: NosferaTx (Nos), Josh… 
Hometown:  San Antonio, Tx., but I am from Germany…
Interests:  Enjoying life with my Daughter and wife, graphic design, drawing (technical, graphite, pen and ink, textures, surrealism), networking, street racing, video game collecting, and video game story designing…
Favorite Music Genres:  Most music I listen to is old school hip-hop, heavy metal, classic metal, video game music, classical, and some 80’s music…
Favorite Game Genre:  When I first started playing video games it was rpg’s, but it branched off to survival horror…
Favorite RPG:  Final Fantasy VII (Ps1)…

I have noticed the primary population here is split when it comes to how people started playing video games... I start like most of the old gamers have Pac-Man... When I first played a video game of any type was a Pac-Man arcade version at a Pizza Inn... I am talking about the arcade machines where you could sit down while playing them... Ever since then I would say that game sealed my fate concerning video games being integrated into my life...

As for my user name on here I have gotten alot of people asking why that name... This name is actually the one I used the most online, or offline when naming a character or user name... I used to go by NosferaT, but the X was added on after the Ps2 went online... I first started using this name when I was on Xband... Some people do not know what Xband is, but it was in my eyes the pioneer in online gaming... It first came out in late 1994 early 1995 for some people and I was on that network from the time it was created until the time it fell in April 1997... You could play people on either a Snes or Genesis via the Xband on a 14,400-baud modem... The game selection was small, but at the time it was more than enough... After the fall of Xband I still used the name NosferaT, but once the Ps2 went online it brought back all those memories of Xband and it seemed more fitting to use an "X" at the end of my user name... This symbolized kind of a second generation of online gaming via a video game platform to me...

Other than that I still play video games avidly but usually around work, school, and family life... In my spare time I ended up collecting video games like a person collects comic books... I actually treat them almost the same as comic books, but I have actually played every single game in my collection and other times more than once... Outside here and my normal life others and myself here in San Antonio set up LAN parties including road trips to video game collecting conventions... Yeah they actually have those for people that did not know they exist... That is basically all there is to me except my home here is usually in the Underground forum...

Message Edited by NosFeraTx on 03-16-200610:23 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Mar 9, 2006

Name:Matt

Hobbies: Video games, wepage design, ps.com forums.

Favorite types of music: Rock, Techno

Favorite type of game: Fps

Favorite game: Killzone

dislikes: Rpgs, posers, rap.

Thats about it, anyway thats me in the short version. I dont like typing long. Call me lazy I dont care.

Message Edited by sonypspgamer on 03-23-200604:06 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

Mar 9, 2006
Calean007

Interests: Snow skiing, video games, technology, listening to music, politics, football(soccer) and working out.
Favourite Game Genre: Platform
Favourite Game: Jak and Daxter series
Hometown: Denton, TX
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Mar 10, 2006
Another gamer in their 40's! Sweet! I'm still the grandad around here, dang it...which makes you Vice-Grandad,I suppose
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14210 posts

Mar 12, 2006
Let's see:  My name is Maria, and I was born December 8th, 1990.  I live in a little town that has like 5 people in Ohio :smileyvery-happy:  I like animals a lot, and I will more than likely go to college to be a veterinarian, or at least an assistant.  I have two dogs: Ginger and Gem, and two birds: Augie and Leslie.   I'm a vegetarian, which causes a lot of talk from people :smileytongue: 

I really love video games, RPG's are my favorite genre, but I play other games from time to time.  Final Fantasy is my favorite game series of all time :smileytongue:  I could play those games all the time :smileyvery-happy:  I would say that VIII or X would be my favorite games of all time.  I love how unlike a lot of other games, it has a deep storyline to it instead of just killing and fighting 
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11185 posts

Mar 12, 2006
Gaming Prefrences: I'm really open to alot.  My personal preference would be good action games that get me pumped up!  RPG games never really get me much into the game.  I like realistic (or at least concievibly possible) games.  Games like Halo or other sci-fi things don't get me into it.  I suppose you can call me a Non-fiction Gamer.
Experience: I've met more people in the field of gaming then I can count.  I like to keep all my connections because I too will do something in the graphic field after I graduate in a few years.  I was first fasincated with gaming probably when I was about 5 or 6.  I remember the duck shooting game with...I think the first Nintendo.  I've grown so so much in the world of gaming.  I think alot of the experience I get comes from being able to play online with other gamers.  This matures yourself into gaming instead of goofing off the whole time.  And really getting to play with other gamers whenever is something that alot of people take for granite.

If you know me, your probably know that I have a deep respect for the Military.  I am going to serve my country after I graduate.  At first I wanted to become a pilot a few years back.  And thats where the name ThunderBird came from.  Lieutenant (Lt.) is a rank in the military.  It is usually the first grade of an officer. I believe that when we are so blessed to live in a free country (I live in the US) that has so much freedom, rights, and possibilities then it is my duty to fight for it.  Anyone should appreciate being free and sleeping in a warm bed at night with a roof over your head.  The only people that are here to protect all this is our Military.  I know many say that negotiation and peace is the way to resolve all these issues..but, I'm sorry thats juse not going to happen.  Alot of people get the misconseption that the Military is here to fight and kill.  But no, its there to help and keep the peace in whatever means necessary.  If it could be done any other way, we would of already done it. People need to understand why whats done is done.

You probably could guess (since I play PS2) I'm a big Socom player.  I enjoy alot of games like the Socom series.  Yet I am always open.  I'm looking forward to the next generations of gaming. There should be some big surprises to come and I'm going to be going with it.

I love these forums, and being able to talk about many things in gaming world.  Also, I am a big graphics design guy (sigs).  I can also talk about it.  We all get a great oppurtunity to learn and express our opinions here.  And I for one, am glad to be here.

Me and GoHerd35 created a Network Adapter Guide in the Playstation 2 Network Adapter section of the forums.  We felt this was neccesary with the new errors and issues that have arised in the past few years.  Hopefully this can grow to help many members of the community.  Please let either of us know if you think anything could be benifical to the guide, or if you have comments.  Network Adapter Guide

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Mar 12, 2006
My name is multimediaman, and I'm an alco... wait...

Oh yeah... forgot some stuff

Birthday: June 3

well, anyway, I've always had a fondess for two things : vehicles, and video games. Now that we've got such good video games that let you drive vehicles, I'm ecstatic :smileytongue:

I like working with computers, listening to, making, and transcribing music, I like model cars, photography, and all that stuff, but nothing compares to how much I like video games and cars.... It's like, ever since games like gta came out that's my absolute favorite type of game to play.

So anyway, I've also discovered I love scale models, diorammas, pretty much anything that's a representation of the real world, or an aspect of it. I used to want to do certain activities such as model railroading, but I quickly learned that was not quite for me. No, what was for me, was creating it on the computer. And what better to do this than to build it as a 3d file?

That's where I am right now, is trying to find a career building 3d models of my favorite things, vehicles, and environments.

Likes aside, I'm from Texas. I was born, raised, and currently live in the same city, somewhat near Dallas. That is where I attended The Art Institute of Dallas, to get introduced to the 3d software that the industry uses. I also went to work for a small startup video game company called Darkroom Studios. While they have changed production focuses, I've found myself creating a new demo reel, so I can get another job. Some of you may have seen my demo reel thread in the off topic board...

so anyway, yep, that's pretty much the summary of everything that's been my life for the past 3 years or so.

Message Edited by multimediaman on 03-12-200602:56 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 101 (194 Views)
0 Likes