Highlighted
May 07 2004
By: CloudyWolf84 Treasure Hunter 7838 posts

Overly-Hyped games...

1 replies 3 views Edited May 7, 2004
What currently un-released game(s) do you think is(are) being over-hyped?

Personally I think Metal Gear Solid 3 is getting A LOT of hype. In almost every magazine I have a subscription to it has had 5 pages or more of coverage. Do I want it? Heck yeah! Will I get it at release? Of course! Do I think the actual final product will live up to the hype? I don't know, but I hope it does. A lot of games that get this much hype fail to live up to the expectations and they end up choking whereas they would have been great if no hype was generated for it.

So what game do you think is being over-hyped? If you don't think there are any at this time, what game in the past do you think was over-hyped? When it was released, did it live up to the hype or did it drown in it?

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 1 of 2 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Re: Overly-Hyped games...

May 7, 2004

,Griever_08 wrote:
What currently un-released game(s) do you think is(are) being over-hyped?

Personally I think Metal Gear Solid 3 is getting A LOT of hype. In almost every magazine I have a subscription to it has had 5 pages or more of coverage. Do I want it? Heck yeah! Will I get it at release? Of course! Do I think the actual final product will live up to the hype? I don't know, but I hope it does. A lot of games that get this much hype fail to live up to the expectations and they end up choking whereas they would have been great if no hype was generated for it.

So what game do you think is being over-hyped? If you don't think there are any at this time, what game in the past do you think was over-hyped? When it was released, did it live up to the hype or did it drown in it?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andres. The game will be good, no doubt, but I think peoples expectations of the game are too high (including mine). GTA: VC is a great game, but it didn't have the same "kick" that GTA3 had, possibly because GTA3 was the first 3D game in the series.
Message 2 of 2 (3 Views)
0 Likes