Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2011
By: Brrnout PlayStation MVP 5697 posts

Playstation Chronicle - Open Roundtable

5 replies 299 views Edited Feb 6, 2011

Hey all. For the month of February our featured roundtable discussion is going to be about shooters and why exactly they are so massively popular in today's gaming society.

We decided to make this an open roundtable discussion for both MVP's and high contributing members. The process is simple: you sign up, show up and discuss. Afterwards we use the transcript for the feature. That's all there is to it.

We are looking for no more than 5 members and not all members will be accepted. But if you have a good opinion on the matter then we would love to hear from you! You may either sign up here or you may PM me.

Cheers, Brrnout

Editor-in-Chief

PlayStation Chronicle

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 5 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7874 posts

Re: Playstation Chronicle - Open Roundtable

Feb 6, 2011

What exactly will this entail? Are we talking more of a live thing? I'm interested, I'm just not sure if I'd be able to meet at a specified time.

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, Tales From The Borderlands
Message 1 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Feb 6, 2011

Weidleface wrote:

What exactly will this entail? Are we talking more of a live thing? I'm interested, I'm just not sure if I'd be able to meet at a specified time.

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops

We'll likely have it over IRC or Skype and yes, it'll be a live thing. Even if you can't make it at a certain time, I'd contact Brrnout anyways if you are interested.

Message 2 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Feb 6, 2011

It's a live discussion about shooters and afterwards we would use what we all said for the main feature. A date can be set up according to the needs of all.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 3 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Feb 6, 2011

I'd participate, if you wanted.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14039 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Hawk's take:

Why are shooters so popular? Well, fundamentally, the gameplay is fairly simple. Your in a level and you shoot all enemies that attack you. By being in 1st person mode, your drawn into the action. Each level you must shoot your way out of to survive and in certian FPS's, there's even a boss battle. That was the standard formula up until 5 years ago. When FPS's were generally single player games and they worked because you shoot AI enemies. NOW, you can shoot other people online. The popularity of FPS's has grown bigger, simply because of online multiplayer. Unreal tournament and Quake 3 arena started this trend, but as we've seen recently FPS's are even more playable on consoles.

So, as I said, FPS's are popular simply because the gameply is so simple. because with FPS's, you can shoot enemies and other people online.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 6 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes