Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Final Boss
30058 posts

Re: The Class of 2004- The Role Playing Games (Possible 56k Warning)

May 3, 2004

,The One wrote:

,chaynes wrote:

,The One wrote:
I would like to say a few words about Final Fantasy XI: Online because it has gone far beyond my expectations. I honestly didn't expect it to be that great, but Square released a PC Quality MMORPG on the console, and I think that is truly amazing because everything before it just wasn't quite there.

However, I do find it kinda funny that Square is going to release an Expansion Pack in the US/Japan this fall because it just seems a little soon for us US HDD owners.

In closing, Final Fantasy XI: Online rocks, and it was well worth the $100.

Psst lol don't let Deltan hear that, he doesn't like the game. Also looks like you are on the same server as myself and some other boards vets too which is cool. I personally like the game lol as long as I don't die too much and go backwards in exp .

Well, I was in a party of 5 people today for well over two and a half hours! It was great because I got tons of good experience as a tank, and I gained 5 levels in my weapon skill.

I am not totally sure how the game will stand the "test of time", but I do think it will be a contender for the RPG of the year. The game has unlimited replay value, is very deep, and it is lots of fun. (I still don't like the forced grouping thing, but once you get in a good group it is well worth the wait.)

I can fully understand why Deltan doesn't like Final Fantasy XI. It is not a game for everyone, but I have been having lots of fun with it so far.

On a side note, what do you guys think of the upcoming expansion? To me, it seems too soon from the NA PS2 perspective, but it should be a good thing in the long run.

Well the game does need it, the Japanese have many upper level characters and its been awhile for an expansion for them. More quests the better IMO and some of those areas are not for extremely high level characters which I like.
Formally chaynes...
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 5, 2004
Shin Megami Tensei III/Persona III: Nocturne,

I have a lot of hopes for this one. The first thing that is intriguing is what exactly is Dante doing in this game? And how will that change the plot and storyline here?  

I really hope they learn something from Grandia and replace their antiquated use Persona to level them up system with at least something like the Magic Coin system from Grandia 2, which streamlined that game and made it a blast to play.  It would also be cool if the characters had their own special physical attacks. I really got tired of having to rely on my personas for physical power attacks. The fusion system was cool allowing for some cool persona combos, but they really need to look at a way to make them go even further, even as high as the five character combos from Saga Frontier.

Overall, a few tweaks in the battle system from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment could make for an awesome battle system and improve the game immensely.
RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 12, 2004
YS VI- The Arch of Napishtim-

It's been a long time since I've even seen a Y's game, like early SNES/Genesis long. My biggest questions here is how has the game evolved over time in Y's 4 and Y's 5, and has the game continued to be an action-RPG focused on grandiose plots? Is Adol still around and adventuring? It is still obviously focused on anime cutscenes and characters, my favorite part of Y's. Overall, I'm excited to see this getting ported to NA sometime, even if its on PC. I also wish they'd bring back the Dragon Slayer series as well, an excellent series of turn-based RPGs with an anime style.
RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes