Jan 12 2011
By: turbotim3 Splicer 71 posts

knives=rage quit

4 replies 1 views Edited Jan 12, 2011
first off i love this game but it seems like zipper doesnt care about the knife issue. its a problem when you are in a fight with an enemy who is 100 ft from you and you choose your 45 clip assault rifle and he chooses a knife. you would think i would win but you would be wrong. i empty an entire clip into him as he runs towards me whith a knife and when he gets about 15 feet from me he kills me with the knife and people do this on purpose! they take great pleasure in doing this because they know they will win 95 percent of the time. i know this has been a problem that many many people have complained about but it nver gets addressed. it seems like the kind of person that would do this should go play mw2 because i thought mag was different. well heres to many more rage quits! thanks zipper.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5655 posts

Re: knives=rage quit

Jan 12, 2011

You my friend, are suffering lag. Or the guy your are fighting is lagging terribly.  15 ft knives existed before 2.0, but now with extended reach it takes a good amount of lag to get over 5 ft.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 13, 2011

BloodyKing wrote:

You my friend, are suffering lag. Or the guy your are fighting is lagging terribly.  15 ft knives existed before 2.0, but now with extended reach it takes a good amount of lag to get over 5 ft.

Seriously the old 1.07 knife was more reliable with or without lag.

I knew that the knife can reach me from the other side of the ammo crates or from the other side of the street.

I have no problem getting killed because I know I can kill this way too.:smileyhappy:

The guy that knifed first got the kill. 

With the 2.0 knife (reduced range) I have to stand in the red dot to get the kill. Most of the time I am getting killed first because of the lag. :smileysad:

--
things to fix post 2.10:
- FREEZING FREEZING FREEZING FREEZING FREEZING FREEZING
- Server infrastructure: LAG LAG LAG: at 0500 GMT +1 there is no lag at 1500 GMT+1 there is 2second lag playing in Europe
- 'Sticky Grenade' = Can not throw grenade or use grenade launcher
- 'Killed By Own Grenade (KBOG)' = killed by own grenade exploding 30meters away
- make selection of game language available again as in pre 2.10
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Jan 13, 2011

He would hate me on pre 2.0. I would get a knife combat ribbon every other match. I was a lightweight knife radar commando. lol. No reason to complain about it, was much "worse" before, with extended reach gone no reason to complain! in fact i think i made a thread complaining about extended reach being taken out!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jan 13, 2011

ya, i got killed by a guy today that looked like he had the extended knife reach that was there pre 2.0

another time i was down looking at a bluedot who was running to heal me and a guy zipped from behind the house and knifed him. the guys' legs weren't moving or anything, he just zooped across and knifed the guy.  and i know he saw the same thing cuz he died close enough so i could hear him yell lol

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (1 View)
0 Likes