Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 05 2010
By: r4l4y Splicer 52 posts

10 things all MAG players SHOULD know and dont seem to

26 replies 988 views Edited Mar 5, 2010

Just as the title says im sure this has been written but after seeing people in the last two dom games i think it needs to be re written so here it is....

1. Rez like crazy!!!!

No one and i mean NO ONE likes to see a medic run past their dead body only to try to secure an objective alone for points and end up dying, and if you get revived dont run to the objective for points look around for others this is called chain rezing and it works better than o im up i want the 5 points for attempting to get obj.... On the other hand if your down and your yelling on ur mic for a rez let the guy know oh ya the guy that killed me is laying down behind the box to kill you. nothing frustrates a medic like hearing MEDIC!!! a thousand times only to die by some one you could clearly have warned us about...

2. Plant and guard

IF u plant a bomb stay and guard it dont leave the guy that probably jus revived you alone to watch it as you go for more points watch the bunker or AA or whatever until u hear the long beeeeeeep then run off.... i mean really you would think this is common sense but i guess not so much....

3. Check your fire and your movements!

We all get that the heat of moment your last man in the room spraying at everything that moves trying to rez all the people around you and stay alive, and im not at all saying hesitate im saying stop and breathe then resume killing. now visa versa if you have an ar and the lmg beside you is unloading on some poor sap up the stairs, what posesses you to out run his bullets for a knife kill or whatever it is you guys do. same for the sniper laying down in the grass.... odds are he has his bi pod out and he is about to shoot so why do you think you can kill some one faster infront of the rifle....

4. FRAGO FRAGO FRAGO

A squad leaders biggest motivator and asset is the frago... don leave the dang thing on a burn off tower at sver map where they can shoot you almost from the bunkers for 20 min....set the frago to something obtainable if your lone wolf wants frago the tower will still have the bonus but the rest of the team would like to acheive something other than constant death. if your AA is down frago it for the hero that runs out there kills the three man team that blew it up and repairs it therefore saving your rear dont leave it at the tower and tell the team o the AA is down we need to fix it...

5. Leaders look at your CNI...

If you hit select you will see the blue dots on the map, if 20 blue dots are already taking the mortars and sensor arrays dont go rush in to help they are currently drawing fire.... fire that is not focused on the winning objectives. Im just saying we need the actual objectives to win not what i just saw and that was an entire platoon focusing on mortars and sensors and AA.... ya they need covered after their down but i mean there is a limit guys. Also dont call in a flippin airstrike if the AA is up where your calling it i mean common sense says your not doing anything but wasting someone elses strafing run or precision strike guys.

6. Mics

If you are graced with a mic and you actually use it, dont dog the noobs on your team or the leader because you dont agree with him, maybe he knows more than you do maybe he has a way he likes seeing things done or maybe he just needs to learn the hard way, im just saying etiquete is a team helper as well who knows maybe that medic you thanked will be more apt to help other teammates out and maybe thats the difference between you win or loss...

7. Persistency is not your friend

I hate to be the one to say it but if you have been after that bunker or tower for 15 minutes and your squad has not taken it.... an extra 15 is not going to help... however the odds are they are pretty focused on that bunker now they are expecting you... so y not see if that bunker over there is open now, attack their new weakness, now you are gaining superiority.

8. No I in team

Like I just said your team is not relying on you, your relying on your team.... 8 men can take a bunker much more effectively than you and your silenced smg alone.... im not saying blow your stealth at all im saying talk to them let them rush the bunker and get the attention then flank the rear with you ninja like skill, now look how much simpler that was.... a lone wolf is only a loner if he is not communicating, a stealthy commando however, can be a game breaker with communication and a plan your team of 8 can catch a group of ten by surprise and emerge victorious.

9. K/D ratio

Pull up you player card... do you see a k/d ratio on it.... no you see awards for obtaining objectives and exp.... so stop worrying about hanging back and picking off the loners and having that lovely 4.7 kdr and focus on helping your fellow man obtain your objectives... snipers at spawn are not needed unless you team is pushed back to the spawn a fair hidden sniper with moderate gear can hold a squad meters from the objective rather than kill them at the objective, i mean if your attacking by all means clear your objective for your team, but defending at the spawn is as useful as stealth without a silencer.

10. STOP GRENADING A SECURE OBJECTIVE!!!!!!!

The guy that is in there that just killed the last enemy secured or de-secured that objective and is trying to rez his fellow man did not appreciate the grenade you threw after the loud "were securing objective A" I understand you were trying to help but now were back where we started and its kinda your fault. And dont gas a ******* room after 4 of your squad and countless others  just ran into that exact room i mean do you think were immune to the gas or something....

OK im sure ill get a lot of negative feed back and im sorry i had to be the a** to say this but maybe now we can play a tactful game as it was meant to be played....

added content thanks to readers:

thank you hellview8 for this one:

another good tip. find a partner or a  2 or 3 others to get objectives. Everyone equip improves res kits as well. this way you can go about doing your objectives and when a man falls, u have 1-3 other men that can revive u within 2 seconds. even if all but 1 man dies, that last person can revive one, then he revives the other, and he revives the last (chain resing). it will take 3 seconds to get everyone back up. ( to make this piece of advice more generic this is how a team should function if you move together your can remain 8 rather than spawning)

and to dracosuave for:

Here's one.  If you have a guy rushing forward, and he's killing guys... go forward with him.  If you're medicing, medic him WHILE ALIVE.  Keep him alive.  And advance with him.  Shoot guys he is not.

Don't rush out, medic him, make him think you're reinforcing him, and then retreat.

Your job as an attacker is to GAIN GROUND.  Retreating is not gaining ground.  Advance, advance, advance.

(this is very true to often do people dance around your objectives failure to advance only ends in a loss even if your valiant attpemt fails atleast there was an attemt)

and loner_09 for

I got another one when in the middle of a gun fight there are 2 appropriate ways to heal some one before or after every one is dead learning which is important and when is the key your life alot simpler ex: gun crazy manic run striaght into the enemy spawn and you where silently following in his wake pick off the left over well he got jumped by 3 raven which only leaves you and the downed manic go head and rez him he'll cause a distraction and at least one dead or weaken raven guy and when he die another 10 points  (where this one seems kinda sadistic its true 2 guns are better than one!)

and a thank you and kudos to mouton docile for a big one I missed:

This one is regarding the skill tree.

If you plan on going the "Improved resuscitation" and "Improved Healing" route, you don't need to get the first resuscitation skill. Just get "Improved Healing" and "Improved resuscitation" right away, saves you some precious skill points. This is a nice thing to do when doing a respec. Usually I take the first resuscitation skill when I'm a very low level, and switch to full resuscitation once I have enough points or when I feel like it! (this is expecially helpful as it saves you 2 points for you guns or skills!)

a thank you to Ziero01 for:

Also, another friendly tip, if someone gets in the middle of your team and starts knifing people, don't rush in and try to knife him back or start spraying at everything with your LMG because chances are you'll hit one of your own. Spread out and aim carefully. Hell, pull out your pistol instead of goin hog wild with your big ass gun. It's meant for close range combat, and in tight quaters is super accurate and very strong. (this kinda ties in with number 3 but the pistol tip is a good one they give you two guns for this exact reason ya your pistol is pretty much an airsoft gun now but with precise aim it still kills)

and to alexpi for one of my biggest laughs on the forum (not an offensive laugh like a wow he just said that laugh lol)

Sweet baby jesus, i never noticed you could skip resuscitation!  I'm gonna get me an extra doo-dad for my rifle

Thank you for all the input guys ill keep adding as i get them and who knows Gen_hammer maybe one day they will read it, edit it and put it on lol

Message Edited by r4l4y on 03-04-2010 07:05 PM
Message Edited by r4l4y on 03-04-2010 07:06 PM
Message 15 of 27 (988 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: 10 things all MAG players SHOULD know and dont seem to

Feb 27, 2010
Everything here is good. More squads moving with their teammates to objectives rez'n all the way will get the job done. As for constantly going the same path to objectives that just gets you ded. Pro's - Teach  Noobs- Listen.
Message 1 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 28, 2010
Ive literally played about 50 total minutes on the game. I stopped and did nothing but read this forum. I think i was starting to piss people off. This is helpful thanks.
Message 2 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Feb 28, 2010
another good tip. find a partner or a  2 or 3 others to get objectives. Everyone equip improves res kits as well. this way you can go about doing your objectives and when a man falls, u have 1-3 other men that can revive u within 2 seconds. even if all but 1 man dies, that last person can revive one, then he revives the other, and he revives the last (chain resing). it will take 3 seconds to get everyone back up.
Message 3 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Mar 1, 2010

Here's one.  If you have a guy rushing forward, and he's killing guys... go forward with him.  If you're medicing, medic him WHILE ALIVE.  Keep him alive.  And advance with him.  Shoot guys he is not.

Don't rush out, medic him, make him think you're reinforcing him, and then retreat.

Your job as an attacker is to GAIN GROUND.  Retreating is not gaining ground.  Advance, advance, advance.   

Message 4 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 1, 2010
o ya thats a good one along with another tip, dont just dance around your objective, by all means take the time as a team to clear it out before rushing in to a death room full of lmg's and shottys but after you clear it move in dont continue to walk around it killing the one or two stragglers or you will waste precious time that could better be placed some where else
Message 5 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: 10 things all MAG players SHOULD know and don't seem to

Mar 1, 2010

I got another one when in the middle of a gun fight there are 2 appropriate ways to heal some one before or after every one is dead learning which is important and when is the key your life alot simpler ex: gun crazy manic run striaght into the enemy spawn and you where silently following in his wake pick off the left over well he got jumped by 3 raven which only leaves you and the downed manic go head and rez him he'll cause a distraction and at least one dead or weaken raven guy and when he die another 10 points

Message 6 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Re: 10 things all MAG players SHOULD know and don't seem to

Mar 2, 2010

This one is regarding the skill tree.

If you plan on going the "Improved resuscitation" and "Improved Healing" route, you don't need to get the first resuscitation skill. Just get "Improved Healing" and "Improved resuscitation" right away, saves you some precious skill points. This is a nice thing to do when doing a respec. Usually I take the first resuscitation skill when I'm a very low level, and switch to full resuscitation once I have enough points or when I feel like it! 

Message 7 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Mar 2, 2010

r4l4y wrote:

And dont gas a ******* room after 4 of your squad and countless others  just ran into that exact room i mean do you think were immune to the gas or something....

I am when I'm SL. I <3 Chem Resistance

But yea, I agree with everything else. I've gotten killed far too many times by a friendly grenade after rezing a teammate at an objective, and then trying to secure said objective. 

Also, another friendly tip, if someone gets in the middle of your team and starts knifing people, don't rush in and try to knife him back or start spraying at everything with your LMG because chances are you'll hit one of your own. Spread out and aim carefully. Hell, pull out your pistol instead of goin hog wild with your big ass gun. It's meant for close range combat, and in tight quaters is super accurate and very strong.

Message 8 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Mar 2, 2010
well, sadly the pistol isn't super accurate any more, it is very powerful though. I'd just like to say don't bunch up in an objective in the first place, if there's already more than a few ppl guarding the imediate area spread out and prevent enemies form even getting close to it.
Message Edited by Skull_Angel on 03-02-2010 01:14 PM
Message 9 of 27 (988 Views)
0 Likes