Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
17 posts

Re: 10 things all MAG players SHOULD know and dont seem to

Mar 15, 2010

NeuteredHamster wrote:
Another bit to add about rezing if your heading into a large firefight rez someone first, the med kit has a cooldown so get someone else up then start shooting. If you live long enough, haul it out again asap. Theres alot of times when charging in guns blazing is necessary and you probably wont live very long in that situation, but if u got someone else up first maybe they will survive long enough to return the favor. All too often I see guys charging past allies on the ground to open fire on a room full of enemies, they die quick and objectives dont get taken that way.

OMG this. It just burns my @$$ to see people running into a letter and try to take the objective when there's 3-4 crosses on the ground. Obviously SOMETHING killed us so have your kit out and suddenly you'll have allies with you
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Mar 16, 2010

I don't try to run past people. But like noted in the thread I'm trying to look for the killer or the person that killed my teammate. Then I will heal my teammate

That should be another thing.

When Rez someone don't just run out and heal me. If I'm down please realize that the medkits can be heal over a distance. You don't have to be right over me to heal me. Heal me from a safe place or think of a place that you going take cover. Cause more then likely there's more then one guy around me.

The other thing to healing. I think you can see me coming to heal you and at the last moment when I'm like 10 meters from you bleed out. If you see an arrow or a dot coming in your directino please just holding on a for a few more seconds or bleed out right away. I hate running to that area only to get killed myself because I was especting the person I heal to fire back at the enemy.

And on bleeding out. If you saw me heal someone there's no reason if you get shot right beside me for you to immidetatly bleed out. I don't know how many times I've seen someone bleed out and there only a few feet from me I switch to medic kit and then die. I don't mind dieing insomuch that I'm healling someone else but dieing because someone just bleed otu is irrating.

If you have a mic on and are the squad leader please don't tell me to go after an objective and not change the objective.

Plattoon and Company leaders understand that you are in charge of everyone. This is mostly for domination. If your squad is able to get back to A in attacking great now would you please help out the other squads and platoons. I know that it is possible if early enough to take over win if A and B are held early enough and long enough in the beganing but wouldn't it be easier if there was more groups trying to take over the pump stations. Now I'm not saying your whole squad has to go over and take help take over a cooling tower just two people from every squad after coolling towers are taken over would be a massive help.

With that said the opposite is true when defending. If you are having a hard time being able to secure a pump station ask for some help. Sometimes some squads platoons are vastly outnumbered are going to need at least a few extra people helping them. 

Remeber this a team game. Not just your squad but the whole company working as a whole is best. Repairing downed bunkers can be very helpful all it takes is pressing selcet or seeing smoke to see that a squad needs some help.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Mar 16, 2010
One other thing of note, please don't take an APC that is strategically placed.  This is not Gran Turismo!  If you feel you need to move it, ask if anyone objects first.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Mar 17, 2010
I think you should add a #11. Knife enemy players on the ground! i see it time after time, people shoot the enemy, the enemy dies, and they leave him alone, then two or three enemies all run in, and there is no way you can pick off the now six, or more players that pop up!
.....----'''''6D9'''''----....

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I can't use a mic, I'm a mute so getting one would be pointless. I still listen to orders. Just because I can't speak doesen't mean I can't listen to orders or res people. What really annoys me is people who can speak but don't get a mic. I've only had a couple of annoying mic moments where someone would not shut up and just kept saying the same thing over and over again, or the annoying kid (or adult) using every colourful word out there, or a very loud child (and I mean I could not even hear my gun fire even though I had all the sound up) that insists on yelling out everything through his mic in another language consequently disallowing everyone else to give out orders and have general squad chat because no one can hear them over the kid!

MAG=LAG
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
856 posts

Mar 10, 2012

The thing that p*sses me off more than anything is when people throw gas in the objective or throw grenades everywhere.

No, you are not helping. You are an IDIOT, and the only thing you succeeded in doing is making half of the team hate you.

A tip of my own(unless it's been said already) is DON'T revive someone when there's 12 red dots around. No one appreciates getting revived and shot down 3/10 of a second later, you're only making them mad. Besides, it may come back to bite you later if you do it enough...

Definitely good tips though.

"Not many people believe in divine retribution. That's because this world's a lazy fellow. However, once in a blue moon, he does a good job." -Kirishima Yukihime

"UUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Kashiwazaki Sena
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Good post, most are pretty much common sense, but it's still good to remind oneself that this is a game that thrives on team play.  I actually like to hang out with a couple of guys and heal them up or rez them when needed.  Keeps the line strong and I get rewarded for team play.  Pretty much win/win.

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (589 Views)
0 Likes