Mar 06 2011
By: grimstooth First Son 18 posts

Any post 2.0 grenade tips?

4 replies 25 views Edited Mar 6, 2011

Ok, so I'm trying to get the combat fragger ribbon, but I am having a hard time getting 10 kills with grenades.  The post-2.0 grenade seems generally weaker than it was pre-2.0.  For one, it is alot easier for people to max out explosive resistance and they took out the extended throw.  Also with the new indicator it is alot easier to get out of range of a thrown grenade.

I've tried sitting at a resupply point but grenade spamming can only do so much.  Does anyone know of any good places to get alot of grenade kills?

Message 1 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Any post 2.0 grenade tips?

Mar 6, 2011

The best advise I can give is play domonation, find a choke point while defending. This might work  well once you have fallen back to the letters.

Message 2 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Mar 6, 2011

Basically do what Savage said. Defending also helps (since you can jump into your bunker for a resuply) but it's not a necessaty. Also, you MUST get increased resuply rate! I makes getting another 2 grenades so much easier. In addition to that, if you're still having problems pick up some gas grenades, since they count towards your overall grenade kills...I think...don't take my word for it 

Oh, also, when you're attacking Raven Dom, try to get right up next to their ship spawn point and toss some nades in there. You can get TONS of easy kills.

Message 3 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Mar 6, 2011

Even thought others suggest domination, I suggest sabotage, defending side because enemies are only heading for two places so they wont spread around the map like in domination. I got all of my five combat fragger ribbons on copper hills satellite, letter B. Increased supply rate is very important. Just stay close of the supply crate and spam grenades towards their spawn! But if letters fall, there is one supply crate at C. Reapeat the same method as before. I hope this helps!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Mar 21, 2011

Carry Frags and equip a Nade launcher, Noob tube counts towards nade kills... Motion Sensor is a grat way to find groups of enemies to nade... If there's a wall between you and a group of enemies, look up and see if there's a wall or ledge you can bounce frags off of... If you're defending Sabo and you notice a group of enemies just took the objective area, lob both nades up there, but change your aim slightly so you maximize the damage area... Hell if you want carry some gas, chuck gas in there, wait a second, then throw frags...

-------------------------------------------------------
Pssst......I'm better than you.....
Message 5 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes