Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2011
By: Snake_Eater777 First Son 9 posts

Difference between light armor and medium armor for S.V.E.R?

8 replies 46 views Edited Feb 15, 2011

Im trying to create a loadout with a medical kit, repair kit, RPG, and a good AR+attachments for aquisition. How much more effective is medium armor compared to light armor?

Message 1 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Re: Difference between light armor and medium armor for S.V.E.R?

Feb 15, 2011

If you have the cc for medium after getting everything you want and don't mind the speed loss then go for it.

Spent my first 60 in Valor, Second in Raven, and Third in Sver. Oldschool

Commandos don't lose, we just blow stuff up!
Message 2 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Medium armor tends to be able to take 1 or 2 more AR/SMG bullets than light armor, which can make a difference. Also in Medium armor with 120 HP, .50 cal sniper rifles will take 2 shots to kill you (as opposed to OHK using light or improved light), and DMRs (starting sniper rifles) will have to take 3 shots to kill you, where some can kill light armor users in 2 shots. You might also be less likely to be OHK'd by shotgun users with any increase in armor.

Message 3 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 16, 2011
Honestly your whole platoon could be naked and running around with squirt guns and still get a major victory defending Auquisition or Domination. Easy mode sver! Armor is only relivent if your playing Valor. Maybe when you get some skillz I will I will see you in my Platoon.
http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123344
Message 4 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 13, 2011

Why do you think that the factions are split into "Difficulty"? 
It is easy for us because we follow orders and work as a team, that's what makes it easy.

Raven are halfway there but like to go off on there own to much, that's what makes it semi-hard.

Valor are the worst, no offense of course, at following any type of orders given to you. Valor likes the "Lone Wolf" type of tactic which while it works on COD, it doesn't work on MAG, and that is what makes Valor hard.

Message 5 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 31, 2011

I can completely understand why people believe PMC's are differently difficult. S.V.E.R. has the most MAG vets and killers which is partly a cause to that. But it's not like RAVEN or VALOR are completely overpowered. If you get into some matches with good sized RAVEN or VALOR clan groups such as Murder Survice, or GUN clan then you might be surprised how overpowered the opposing team might feel. To the topic of of armor heres a simple but effective way to judge: if no matter how hard you try 2 dodge bullets and explosions, you are still being killed, then throw heavier armor on, if you barely ever get hurt or killed, try putting lighter armor on. Just try it out for a match or 2, if you don't like the loadout you can always change it around later.

We are ~X~. We are PROGRESS.
Message 6 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3236 posts

Apr 1, 2011

Medium armour offers more damage resistance (excluding gas) but slightly reduces movement speed and possibly stamina.

Message 7 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Apr 3, 2011

Snake_Eater777 wrote:

Im trying to create a loadout with a medical kit, repair kit, RPG, and a good AR+attachments for aquisition. How much more effective is medium armor compared to light armor?

medium armor can keep you from dying from one shot of the 50 cal while improved light lets you die.

Message 8 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Apr 8, 2011

HABITZER wrote:
Honestly your whole platoon could be naked and running around with squirt guns and still get a major victory defending Auquisition or Domination. Easy mode sver! Armor is only relivent if your playing Valor. Maybe when you get some skillz I will I will see you in my Platoon.

I love how the Valor and Raven QQers come running into a thread designed to help someone, just so they can whine about armor and brag that they're better by default because they're not on "Easy Mode" SVER. Keep your crap out of threads which have nothing to do with your annoying vendettta.

As for the original poster, as other people have stated there are some significant differences between Light and Medium. Medium is good for general purpose loadouts where light is a bit more specialized. You can still move pretty quickly with Medium armor so I wouldent be too worried about the speed loss there. Like others have said, just try it out! And if you're not liking either of them you can take the middle ground with Advanced Light which is just as fast as light but with protection half way between Light and Medium.

Also bear in mind that the number of bullets needed to kill you assumes non-head shots. Most sniper rifles will kill you in one shot with a headshot, regardless of armor, so don't freak out if you get OHKed like that.

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Message 9 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes