Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 05 2011
By: Notty91 First Son 3 posts

Guys with a Military Bacground on MAG

8 replies 438 views Edited Aug 5, 2011

Hi,

I bought MAG a few months back and have now become totally addicted to it some nights I clock 8-10 hours and find myself shuffling off to bed as the birds start tweeting !!

I was just wondering as a former member of the UK armed forces just how many other former or currently serving forces guys play MAG and whether they find using real life tacticss works as well on here.

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Notty91

Message 1 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Re: Guys with a Military Bacground on MAG

Aug 5, 2011

well i know a girl whos in the US military, but I dont think she wants ppl knowing her name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Aug 5, 2011

U.S.A.F here.....(AIM HIGH)

Photobucket
Message 3 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Aug 6, 2011

welllllllllllllllllllllll I was never in the military... but I would imagine its a lot of sneaking around? and ofc suprising the enemy with an ambush! so yes military tactics work great (never shoot when sneaking/ambushing go for a back knife first then if someone turns around down him!)

An image:

Message 4 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Ya i find that useful when flanking and then goin and stabbing everyone from the back. Works better with upgraded SJ and if you have to shoot Improved Suppressors so they dont know from where theyre shooting. and they also wont hear

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 19, 2011

RL tactics more or less work, but the problem is getting a team that works with them. Strategic use of grenades is less useful when half of a squad says "ooo look, grenade! let's try to catch it".

Message 6 of 9 (438 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Aug 28, 2011

just started my own clan i am too a vet and that seems to be the only problem is getting soldiers to do their thing and follow direction.

Message 7 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 29, 2012

The biggest issue next to gettin people to do their job, is having to train them in their responsibilities first.. Then getting them to be patient enough to clear corners and streets and danger zones without just blindly runnin across it. Former U.S. Marine

Message 8 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 13, 2012

Former CAF airbourne member I find our standard do's and donts apply in game as in real life although chute release is a little unbelieveable and descent speed isnt variable enough.  when pieing corners game allows you to shoot through solid walls that wouldent normally apply. standard fix flank and fire procedures also work well in game.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes