Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 13 2010
By: WACK-A-n00b I Only Post Everything 1413 posts

How to win on SVER domination

5 replies 3 views Edited Feb 13, 2010

I took the time to play as a SVER to figure out what makes them tick. They are not very strong if you avoid some common mistakes.

DONT flank and attack the bunkers.

Use the terrain and SVER's hyper agressive style and defense against them. They KNOW that players will flank, they have exceptional LOS for SVER players to see you coming and they are not shocked by it. They are quick to repair and advance. USE THIS TENDANCY to YOUR advantage.

Here is how it SHOULD work.

Seperate into two groups:

Squads without APC's and Squads with APC's

Squads with APC's drive directly at the gates/roadblocks.

have the squad dismount, arm and defend the gate/roadblock until it blows.

Continue beyond to the backside of the bunkers and use the APC (as best you can) to defend the AAA while members of your squads secure the area and the charge is set.

KEY POINT! DO NOT USE THE TURRET TO DEFEND ANYTHING BUT THE CHARGE ON THE AAA. This might lose you the APC, but the goal is to eliminate the AAA.

Once the AAA is down, use SL air strikes ASAP ON THE AAA. YOU WILL GET KILLS. SVER is hyper agressive repairing. USE THAT.

When the AAA is down, use the PL strikes to kill one of the center bunkers (the outside bunkers are easy to reinforce from the middle two).

The bunkers normally fall easily after the AAA goes down, due to players scrambling to fix the AAA and leaving the bunkers much less defended, in addition to opening airstrikes.

This can be done very easily on three of the four platoons and is only slightly harder on the other. 

GATES and APC's are absolutley KEY as you are able to park your spawn RIGHT next to the AAA.

The other two squads, during this time should be pushing together on the center bunkers.

HEADS UP.

Yeah, I said it. Frontal attack. No flank.

WHY? Because when you attack straight up, they are forced to fight you and keep their attention on you. This works because they are unable to use their forces closest to the AAA to repair/defend the AAA. They have to slaughter you. It might sound like a bad deal, but it is about winning, not attacking bunkers for 30 minutes of your life.

Once the AAA goes down, it is time to start flanking the bunkers and remove them and the towers systematically.

Once the towers are down the fun starts.

APC squads MUST, ABSOLUTLEY MUST park the APCs close to the objectives. AB are the best for this. You can park BOTH APC's between A and B and be protected from air strikes and most RPG's, almost having a permanent spawn closer to the objective than the attacker.

This makes A and B ABSOLUTLEY VITAL. They MUST be taken and held at all costs. The best way to do this is have one APC from either GH or CD park with first platoon and reenforce first platoon. (after 18 minutes of ONLY holding AB you should havebetween 3/4th and 7/8th damage done).

That means 4th platoon or 2nd platoon will now be light. The 4th and 2nd platoon, regardless of who is light, should send all squads to one of their objectives (ie everyone goes to C and G for example)

With this effort, taking and holding 3 of the 8 objectives at all times should be relatively easy. As long as the first objective is taken by the 18 minute mark, the game is won.

The key to this, is that it takes very little teamwork or communication. The most sucessful APC squads can reenforce a neighboring platoon and help remove the AAA if they cant get it done, for example.

The only part that takes significant coordination is making sure all of 4th and 2nd platoons change their FRAGOs to focus on a single letter for their platoon (and one reenforces A/B to ensure it does not get taken back).

I have done this as OIC (in an APC) and have won. I have done it as OIC (in an APC) and come close to winning. I have also done it as OIC (without an APC) and been crushed as most people insist on taking bunkers first unless they can be shown something else to work.

The trick to this is getting enough Raven and Valor to understand that taking the bunkers is VERY hard, while the AAA is very easy in most cases.

KEYS FTW: AAA and 1st platoon objectives. If 10% of the people playing listen, the game will be a win.

The reason it works: MUCH more damage is done when two connected objectives are held together. This is easy to do at AB because of the parking garage. The 3rd and 4th objectives that need to be taken just add that tiny bit needed to complete the damage. (holding two objectives together without giving them up will normally be enough to win if you start at 25 minutes).

Message Edited by WACK-A-n00b on 02-12-2010 09:20 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: How to win on SVER domination

Feb 13, 2010

http://forums.mag.com/mag/board/message?board.id=tactics&thread.id=239

I play as SVER a LOT, I highlight some good general stratagy, the easy parts, and the hard parts in this guide, along with Valor. 

Its like no one reads topic titles.

EDIT: So, what side are you talking about? Dom maps are 4 sides squares (A/B, C/D, E/F, G/H).. Which side is this taking place from?

Message Edited by Squigzy on 02-12-2010 08:52 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1413 posts

Feb 13, 2010

Thank you for the link.

It sucks that SVER has the blast proof doors, but the map can be taken with some effort.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1413 posts

Feb 13, 2010

Squigzy wrote: 

EDIT: So, what side are you talking about? Dom maps are 4 sides squares (A/B, C/D, E/F, G/H).. Which side is this taking place from?

I have yet to find a side this does not work on.

AB CD EF and GH (ie 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th platoons) all have relatively easy access. One platoon (the one where the AAA is on a train car in a trench?) is the most difficult, as the APC cannot be driven right on top of it, but I have found it means it takes only a little longer.

It should be done on every side.

AB should be held at all costs

GH and CD should attempt to hold only one letter, and EF can attack both letters.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 13, 2010

WACK-A-n00b wrote:

Squigzy wrote: 

I have yet to find a side this does not work on.

AB CD EF and GH (ie 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th platoons) all have relatively easy access. One platoon (the one where the AAA is on a train car in a trench?) is the most difficult, as the APC cannot be driven right on top of it, but I have found it means it takes only a little longer.

It should be done on every side.

AB should be held at all costs

GH and CD should attempt to hold only one letter, and EF can attack both letters.

C&D have the AAA on the train tracks in the trench in the middle of the bunkers. I just attacked from that side for the first time this morning. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 15, 2010
I have another idea:
Play as SVER.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes