Last Guardian
11971 posts

Re: Interdiction Strategies

Jun 24, 2010

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

DOCEROC wrote:
Man, to me gaming is a fun thing to do to let off stress and break away from real life monotony. Not a place to hide behind a screen and be a d-bag to people. :smileywink:

I have fun playing against the people I "know" and it adds good vibes to throw out a "GG" to those that I feel deserve it or not :smileywink:

I think we all have the common goal of having fun and making the game better here on the forums. I don't need to validate my actions nor does anyone else in terms of who is good at a video game. It is all done in fun and I appreciate everyone from the forums until they prove something negative otherwise

Ok, I am tired and getting confused :smileywink:

Yeah that game that you, CY, and tommy all sent me GG from I definately had a bad game...i was like 300 points and went 15/13 kdr.

It was still awesome to see you guys on there.....i hope you hear me screaming your names like I do EVERY TIME i see someone's name I know from the forum.

It sucks being me sometimes though....every game I get someone in my squad  "Hey aren't you that forum guy"   LOL.

I love prox chat :smileywink:  I always try to talk to people I see on the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

Jun 24, 2010

DOCEROC wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

DOCEROC wrote:
Man, to me gaming is a fun thing to do to let off stress and break away from real life monotony. Not a place to hide behind a screen and be a d-bag to people. :smileywink:

I have fun playing against the people I "know" and it adds good vibes to throw out a "GG" to those that I feel deserve it or not :smileywink:

I think we all have the common goal of having fun and making the game better here on the forums. I don't need to validate my actions nor does anyone else in terms of who is good at a video game. It is all done in fun and I appreciate everyone from the forums until they prove something negative otherwise

Ok, I am tired and getting confused :smileywink:

Yeah that game that you, CY, and tommy all sent me GG from I definately had a bad game...i was like 300 points and went 15/13 kdr.

It was still awesome to see you guys on there.....i hope you hear me screaming your names like I do EVERY TIME i see someone's name I know from the forum.

It sucks being me sometimes though....every game I get someone in my squad  "Hey aren't you that forum guy"   LOL.

I love prox chat :smileywink:  I always try to talk to people I see on the game.

THATS HOW I MET DOC, WE SAW EACH OTHER NAMES ON PROX AND WENT ALL 14-YEAR OLD GIRL ON EACH OTHER. DUDE!!!!!!    SWEET!!!!!!!

OH, AND NICE CAPS LOCK ON THE NAME PILGRIM, I CAUGHT IT:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11971 posts

Jun 24, 2010
Ya just got love MAG e-Harmony moments :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 24, 2010

I've had people yell at me to quit driving the APC around while I was trying to not have it blown up by a horde of enemies with rocket launchers. I was staying around our objective, just driving around it to not get hit and be destroyed so we could stay there. People seem to be too stupid to know that if you have an APC in a single spot then it will probably be destroyed. Point is, Keep moving if you need to, just don't do like you're drunk and go ramming into everything.

I also had a squad leader **bleep** and moan about me trying to move an APC from his little resting spot next to a railing, which it was stuck against anyways, so I could move it closer to any objective so we wouldn't have to run 200 yards to the nearest point. Of course the ass tried to kick me but the other squad mates were smart enough and didn't vote to kick. If you have a safe spot to park, that's fine, but don't park a mile away from objectives you might need to get.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Jun 24, 2010

I think the mindset of a lot of the people is that they are trying to play this like Aq and Dom were most of the time you could park and hide your apc but in this mode with everything so open its hard to do that you almost always have to have 2 guys in the apc    1 to drive and repair and the other to shoot and repair.    After your squad does what it needs to then the driver can just pick them back up and continue on otherwise you spend a lot of time running.  I think that interdiction itself is more about the apc's and keeping them alive then anything else because if you lose them your are definitly going to lose the command points.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11971 posts

Jun 24, 2010
Man, I don't have a clue why people are so damn insistent/persistent to drive the APC's off from strategic spot! Or just wanting to friggin go all demolition derby with these things!

LordTaco, there are some crazy people that are in love with "THEIR" APC's for sure :smileywink:

Luckily I have been 8-man-squadded-up and we all try to take care of the APCs
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 25, 2010

From the Interdiction games I've played, the biggest problem seems to only occur when you have a squad leader that insists that, "We need to go to ___" where the blank is the furthest away objective. 

My strategy as squad leader is to FRAGO the closest objective, take it, FRAGO and move to C.  After control of C is secure I FRAGO the APC and drive between the Closest Objective to Spawn and C, dependent on which one needs the most help. 

The problem with this is the following:

1.  Some fool will drive the APC randomly around, trying to farm FRAGO EXP.  This normally gets the APC destroyed, and puts our squad very far away from the rest of the PMC

2.  Multiple people will move away from the FLASHING C that we just lost, taking the APC and our mobile spawn point away from the fight.

3.  Needs high level of coordination to keep 1 and 2 from happening.  There will always be someone looking out for only themselves.

Good things about my strategy:

1.  If the APC is destroyed, it will automatically re-FRAGO upon respawning.  Saving the SL from having to "chase the FRAGO"

2.  If your squad needs to be at B, take the APC to B.  Get out, clear objective, take objective.  Move back to C.  You will receive FRAGO points just being close to the APC,

3.  It gives people some incentive to repair the APC.  Critically important!

If anyone has any ideas to improve this strategy, let me know.  I am more than willing to take constuctive criticism.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 25, 2010
great idea
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4754 posts

Jun 25, 2010

DOCEROC wrote:

Tonight, after a few games of people wandering around like tourists in New York City, admiring all of the scenery, we finally had someone take Platoon Leader and organized a tactic that actually got us a win.

BUT, I was thinking about how to get everyone on to something that could work until people caught on.

Having A, B and C points.  What if people, regardless of PMC, broke up their platoons as such:

Alpha, Bravo and Charlie Squads of each platoon take their respective letters, Alpha goes to A, Bravo goes to B and Charlie goes to C.  While you send your Delta Squads out to "patrol" mortar batteries and other items constantly.

It get's a little frustrating because people just go to one point and then stay there for a minute and then wander off to other letters and such.

Is this a decent strategy or idea for this mode?

You know I think this is the best idea it's just getting everyone on the same page. I had some noob taking our APC to C when we were defending B. GRRRRRRR

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3782 posts

Jun 25, 2010

Simplest way to win interdiction...hold your spawn letter and the middle letter. Getting the opposite letter splits your forces a bit too much and allows the other team to sever a retreat.

Official SVER SpokesmanPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 46 (14 Views)
0 Likes