Fender Bender
4669 posts

Re: Mics: It's not a must have.

Feb 26, 2012

BloodyKing wrote:

whitefox_black wrote:

What IM really mad about is that people havent figured out how to use the D-pad left commands correctly.

"Reinforcements, now!" - self explanatory, can also mean 'follow me'

"I need a medic!" - cant use this while youre down, so use it to show when youre going to pick someone up, so they know its coming.

"I need a pickup!" - either asking for a vehicle pickup or trying to give one

"I need repairs!"- self explanatory, but can also show that you are going to repair, especially if the FRAGO is gray. That way people can cover you?

It takes half a second, and gives a visual guide to your entire squad as to what youre doing. Ive played with a lot of smaller clans, especially on alts, and nowhere have I seen this. Usually when I hit one, people just start hitting them all randomly and continue to get redlined.

I think it comes down to a lack of awareness. It doesnt take a huge amount of teamwork to realize that running into a meatgrinder doesnt work, and sometimes there are holes in the defense. I play so many games where I can literally run into the objective and arm it without seeing any players, all the way from the spawn. Yet even if I hold it, the other side never captures it and I eventually die.

I dont get how so many people can play this game and die so much and not quit. It baffles me. I saw a card with 1300 hours and 5 grims today. How do you play that long and not get better?

I took 8 months off of FPS in general, came back to MAG, and noticed that no one had gotten better. Seriously? My first 500 hours were all just constant improvement, and while everyone has a different learning curve, I would hope that after a year or more of playing the game, the more average players would have gotten a little better, but not so.

And its not just low levels. Its people that really have been playing that long. Its like a whole different game to them. I joined a few on my SVER and Valor alts. They either use terrible loadouts or just plain suck, and dont even try anything different. And god forbid they use any form of teamwork.

Message 41 of 44 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 6, 2012

After stating I don't like mics you tell me to join a clan that requires mics. Also before you decide to attempt at giving someone advice maybe you should actually read the wall of text or be quiet...

Message 42 of 44 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4669 posts

Mar 6, 2012

pandaclock wrote:

After stating I don't like mics you tell me to join a clan that requires mics. Also before you decide to attempt at giving someone advice maybe you should actually read the wall of text or be quiet...

I liked. I did read the wall of text, Im a pretty fast reader. I just wanted to let you know it was a wall of text.

Have you ever been in a good clan? I can guarantee you, they arent full of people who dont know how to use their mic. If you had experienced that, you might not have said the things you did. Which is why I said what I did.

The mic is extremely useful, and can be as much as an asset to a win as firing your weapon. Hell, it will even help your KDR if used correctly. Of course randoms will use it poorly. They do everything poorly. That doesnt mean mics suck though. 

Message 43 of 44 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I'm a level 8 (trial version) with 210 hours and 3 grims. I make high levels look really retarted then.

Nobody uses the mic for anything useful. I'd be yelling noob snipers to stop being pussies so they can help me on the battlefield. It's fucking annoying seeing level 70s with no med kits.

Message 44 of 44 (545 Views)
0 Likes