Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 03 2011
By: SFBryan18 Fender Bender 3226 posts

My personal opinion on how to use your first 22 skill points.

11 replies 52 views Edited Feb 3, 2011

First, let me tell all the noobs, a medic-kit costs 500 cp and the training gives you 300 cp right away. It's not fair to your teammates if you don't resurect them to full health so don't get ressurection untill you can buy all three, which should be at level five. Plus, you want the medic-kit right away because you get so many points for healing both live and bleeding out teammates that you'll level up in half the time that you would without it.

Your first 5 skill points should go to resurection 1, 2, and 3 in the medical section. In my opinion, everyone should be a full medic because it's cheap and numbers win battles. If you're not picking up your team mates, that's less people to fight on your side. Also, put the medic-kit in slot 1 so you can heal people and yourself quicker.

Your next 8 skill points, levels 6 - 13,  should go toward all three increased health in the resistances section. Simple, if you have more health, you're harder to kill.

The next 3 skill points, levels 14 - 16, should go towards all three explosive resistance in the resistance section. Bottom line, without it, its the difference between one grenade killing you or two, and everyone is throwing grenades all the time.

The next 3 skill points, levels 17 - 19, should go towards all three poison gas resistances simply because people use alot of gas.

And finally, the next 3 skill points, levels 20 - 22, should go towards the first three special opps skills for tracking enemies, simply because if you can see your enemy, he's easier to kill.

After that, I work on my specific weapon skills, then athletics for speed (only foot and run speed), then knifing, and I finish up with maxing out medical starting with the recharge speed.

This, in my opinion, will maximize your chances for success. I also don't use less than medium armor because it's the difference between being sniped with on shot or two, and if it takes two, it gives you time to take cover and heal yourself. Hope this helps you.

Message 1 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: My personal opinion on how to use your first 22 skill points.

Feb 13, 2011

Thanks for the advice unfortunately I am a noob just got the game and I am looking for info on how to better help my team.

Message 2 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5655 posts

Feb 13, 2011

I agree with your placement. Rez > HP > Resistances.

For the noobs; to better help your team, work together! Get a mic if you can, group with friends, and don't get discouraged! This game has a huge learning curve. High-level people will abuse you horribly. Save up some CP, and get a medkit first. Take the training mission for a free 100 XP.  Stay near the Frago to earn double XP, spam that medkit and practice your aim.

To help earn CP faster, go into the larger game modes when you can, and repair assets; every ribbon you get gives you bonus CP, and you get ribbons for the following:

Repair 1 AA

Repair 2 Mortars

Repair 2 Sensor Arrays

Repair 3 Roadblocks

Repair 1 Bridge

Repair 3 Gates

Repair 250 Units of Damage (You will get this when going for the others)

Good luck and welcome to MAG. :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Disagree with Poison Gas resistance. I recently stopped spending skill points on it to put them elsewhere and I haven't had ANY issues at all.

It's the same for if you have resistance as when you don't - if there's gas, you still get the hell out of there. Having resistance just means you emerge from the gas with more HP and are less likely to be gunned down. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times it's actually been of use to me in 1000 or so hours.

Message 4 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
656 posts

Feb 17, 2011

Get Medical, then get awesome explosive resistance.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 17, 2011

Thank you SFbrian

Message 6 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

Feb 24, 2011

This is an old post, but I wanted to agree with one of them....

Poison gas is not too important... but the rest are.

Message 7 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Mar 20, 2011
In my opinion it should be like this:
Res > repair > health > specific skills
Res is by far the most powerful skill in the game, and it's cheap

Repair without skill is painfully slow. But repairing something that's fragoed is a LOT of points.

Health is expensive, but is useful no matter what your speciality is. I include explosive resistance in this (as it's often life/death), but I consider gas resistance as a specialty skill since we can always run out of the gas. It's useful, but it's about as useful as the dozens of other skills you could instead.

Message 8 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 15, 2011

malimbar wrote:
In my opinion it should be like this:
Res > repair > health > specific skills
Res is by far the most powerful skill in the game, and it's cheap

Repair without skill is painfully slow. But repairing something that's fragoed is a LOT of points.

Health is expensive, but is useful no matter what your speciality is. I include explosive resistance in this (as it's often life/death), but I consider gas resistance as a specialty skill since we can always run out of the gas. It's useful, but it's about as useful as the dozens of other skills you could instead.

I've followed these talents to a "T" without having read this...fortunately, I had clanmates giving me advice. I'll second the notion on a point in repair. I get so many more points because I'm repairing quicker. Gotta love FRAGO repairs :smileyhappy: Good post -- I can see this being a ton of help.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2011
How many points do you put into repair? Just that first one or do you go deeper?
Message 10 of 12 (52 Views)
0 Likes