Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 07 2010
By: tordez Lombax Warrior 238 posts

Observations on Sabotage (Valor)

7 replies 15 views Edited Feb 7, 2010
I play a lot of Sabotage (Valor) and am tired of losing due to guys not knowing how to play or not giving a sh*t about the objectives. Don't get me wrong, Valor has been doing quite well lately on Sabo, but there is room for improvement.  Here are some things that may be helpful. These are just my opinions based on observations. 

Know your loadouts. If you are just starting out or only play Sabotage, there is no reason to have a repair kit in any of your loadouts. I crack up when I see someone spend a good 10 or 15 seconds trying to rez a fallen teammate only to then give up or die. I was one of those people btw.  Also, you can't rez with the first aid kit.  I know this goes without saying, but you still see guys trying to.

Assignments. Know the squad you are in before the game starts. The design of the battle is that Alpha and Bravo squads are assigned to "A" and Charlie and Delta to "B". Too may times do I see 1 or 2 (or more) guys run all the way across the map to get to the objective they prefer. This may be helpful to for the objective they run to, but is a handicap for the one they are assigned to. If you have a preference of objectives on a certain map, then make sure you are in the appropriate squad. Otherwise, stay on the right objective.

Squad Leaders. Don't apply for the leadership role if you don't want to lead. And have a mic (this should be a requirement for the position). Set rally points via the map if needed. Also, listen to your squad leader. He may not be right every time, but a solid coordinated effort gives a great change for the victory. Also, suggest an alternate strategy if his doesn't seem to be working.

Mics. If you have a mic, use it. Sabotage doesn't have as much strategy as the others, but at least communicating enemy locations can be huge. If you are down and bleeding out, relay the positions of any enemies you see in your area. Especially if you are inside or near an objective. You also rarely hear any type of coordination (Valor). When I play with my clan, that's a different story. But if I am a squad leader and am trying to coordinate an attack, I usually get no response.

Medical Kit. Too many times do I see guys run and rez a fallen teammate, only to have an enemy pop the guy who just got rez'd and usually the guy with the med kit too. This does no good. Make sure the guy who just killed the one you are trying to rez isn't still there before you rez him. And don't leave your med kit out waiting for a re-charge. Switch to your gun. I see a lot of guys dying because they just rez'd someone and are waiting to rez another, standing over them with the med kit ready and they get popped. Also, everybody needs to be at full health when protecting an objective. Heal someone when they need it, don't wait until they die so you can rez them.

Stairs. When attacking Raven or SVER and going for the objective, don't stop on the stairs! Trust me, you don't want to be the 2nd of 3 people going up the stairs only to have the lead guy stop, trapping you. If you head for the stairs, commit to going all the way.

Numbers, numbers, numbers. We are at our best with numbers. An attack on an objective by yourself rarely works and if it does, it is usually short lived. Remember, there are multiple ways to get to any objective. If you see a few guys using one entrance, try a different one. It's much more difficult for them to defend if we are attacking from all sides.  

Defending "C". Oh where to begin here. Nearly every time we lose C, it's because there is nobody in there at the Data Center location as a final defense. I mean abandoned. All it takes is one guy to get through with nobody at the Data Center. That guy plants the charges, everybody then makes a break for C to defuse but a lot of times it's too late. The times we are successful is when we have at least a few in every area. Keep moving and if you see an area unmanned hang out in that area until more arrive. But keep moving. And for the love of god, if they are moving in on C don't keep coming in from them same entrance if you keep getting mowed down. The B side entrance is a serious bottleneck and it's not uncommon to see a small massacre in that end of the hallway. If you are not having luck getting in from the B side then switch spawn points over to A as there are more options to getting in. Most importantly, if you see someone in your squad off in the middle of the map tell them to get their @ss back to C. I think most of these are noobs that don't know what to do and are over defending A or B and wondering where all the action is. Some are prob snipers too, but that's a different thread.

Well I'm sure there is more, but my brain is fried. Valor is getting better, and with better teamwork and coordination, we can dominate Sabotage!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: Observations on Sabotage (Valor)

Feb 8, 2010

I would like to add to the topic of defending Valor's C.

There are 5 main areas that need to be defended and if any one of them falls then the game is usually lost.

1. B Spawn to the main hallway. This part is crucial because if a few of the enemy hit here then 2 squads are held up and can't protect C. There is only one way to get here from the enemy's point of view but many places to hide. After you spawn and jump off the ledge, look left and right to make sure no one is camping. Those few seconds can keep you from getting shot in the back and causing a back up in the hallway. Do this and you lose the game.

2. A Spawn to the main hallway (the bottom way). Another crucial part and one were commandos shine. Most people don't even know that you can get to C from the bottom. They just run up the stairs and get sniped at the top. All you have to do is wait here with a silence weapon or a shotgun and thin the herd a little, essentially what they do to you at B's Spawn. The enemy usually runs straight up the main stair or comes through here. After you know that there aren't any enemies near by, you can throw grenades and cover fire at the enemy in the supply point from a different perspective.

3. Top floor. This part is actually the most critical because this is were most of the assaults on C start from. From this point, you can easily take over the 3rd floor below it and jump into the second floor to take C. This floor should be what most of the people from A Spawn are guarding. Don't just run up the stair and then just jump down to C. Find out if there are enemy at the top or coming up the stairs. A few seconds at the top floor can save the game.

4. 3rd floor (you know the one with the big hole in the wall). If you can control this floor properly then you can control the game. Jump on the boxes in the right corner and kill the enemy as they come up the stairs. Look down over the balcony and get headshot on the enemy at C. Chance it and run up the enemy stairs to find those commandos on the top floor. Control this floor and you can go anywhere.

5. 2nd and 1st floor (C and the main hallway). This is where all those people who get 700, 800, 900, or even over a thousand points hang out in. If you want to heal or be healed then you should go to C. I don't suggest just waiting with your medkit out but you should heal people when they need it. Throw grenades at the supply point. Can't be stressed enough. A few grenades in there can take out a whole squad (I got 6 people and 2 assists with a couple grenades). After that, everyone who is hanging out at points 1 and 2 can push up into the main hallway and hold of the enemy.

Also do not place claymores near the steps because friendlies can get caught in the blast and the enemy can just run on by. Place them facing the C4 plant spot

Message Edited by trixterltd on 02-08-2010 12:54 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Very impressive ideas folks.  Great advice, espcially for novice gamers in MAG.  I'd nominate but I don't think I can. :smileysad:

Photobucket

click me VVVVV
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Feb 11, 2010

The "A" side of C requires more defenders than the "B" side. "A" has a long wall with many openings while "B" has

only one entrance, also if the attackers gain control of the "A" side they effectively cut all defenders off.

Whenever I defend I go to the "A" side and throw poison gas at the wall openings and on the stairs in front of the ammo room.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Feb 12, 2010

sir70 wrote:

The "A" side of C requires more defenders than the "B" side. "A" has a long wall with many openings while "B" has

only one entrance, also if the attackers gain control of the "A" side they effectively cut all defenders off.

Whenever I defend I go to the "A" side and throw poison gas at the wall openings and on the stairs in front of the ammo room.

I don't agree with this.   Both "A" and "B" have multiple entrances, and both can be very difficult (at times) to defend and (at times) to regain control.  It just depends on how well your squad well your squad and the other squad assigned to the objective are working together.  And also how good the attacking squads are as well.  As I said above, a lot of times the problems stem from someone going off on their own (without their squad) to attack the objective they prefer, or they don't know how to tell which one is.  When you are off on your own at some other objective, you can't really call for a medic (or really communicate in general) since the majority of your squad is too far away.  If someone only wants to attack or defend a specific objective, then that person should make sure they are in the correct squad.  If I'm playing and somebody is off on another objective, I ask them to come back to the objective.  If they don't after multiple requests for help, I vote them to be kicked.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Feb 12, 2010

tordez wrote:

sir70 wrote:

I don't agree with this.   Both "A" and "B" have multiple entrances, and both can be very difficult (at times) to defend and (at times) to regain control.  It just depends on how well your squad well your squad and the other squad assigned to the objective are working together.  And also how good the attacking squads are as well.  As I said above, a lot of times the problems stem from someone going off on their own (without their squad) to attack the objective they prefer, or they don't know how to tell which one is.  When you are off on your own at some other objective, you can't really call for a medic (or really communicate in general) since the majority of your squad is too far away.  If someone only wants to attack or defend a specific objective, then that person should make sure they are in the correct squad.  If I'm playing and somebody is off on another objective, I ask them to come back to the objective.  If they don't after multiple requests for help, I vote them to be kicked.  

I was refering to objective C itself.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, I see that now, mis-read.  And yes I completely agree about the B side of C.  I usually switch over to A if I am not deploying from there already.  Depends on the particular match though
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Feb 13, 2010

The A side guard tower (right as the long staircase starts) is a good place to ambush.

Clear shots at people not facing you as they charge up the stairs. You can pop off a few shots before they can get into the room with the Supply crate. If you stand up you can shoot as they approach but that normally gives your position away too soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (15 Views)
0 Likes