Fender Bender
4669 posts

Re: Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy

Jul 12, 2010

movefasterpokey wrote:

Super-Pangolin wrote:

Smump wrote:

I used the shotgun for along time but I just found the range WWWAAAYYYY to unreliable I can one shot killed someone at 30 yards then had to 3 shot at point blank. You are totally right about all these points.

Have you used it recently? Still unreliable but it's CQC performance is vastly improved.

Indeed, I find that a well aimed headshot at 10-15m will result in an instant incapacitation 90% of the time. As long as you keep the reticule at head level, you can easily clear a room of 5-8 guys by yourself. And remember, with extended knife perks, even if you dont manage to kill them with 1 hit, following up with a quick knife swipe will guarentee an incapacitation, even if it hits them in the chest.

I have never found the shotgun unreliable, except when I didnt know how to use it.

Compared to other games, I feel like this shotgun has a pretty bad range. So when you see someone 30-50m away, you know youre going to have to pretty much use a whole clip unless you get the lucky headshot. At that range it pretty much is all luck, assuming youre aiming at someone.

Another thing, I find jump shots are extremely effective, more so than normal shots, for some reason.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jul 12, 2010
your higher up and they kan't see you if you shoot at the head from up there part will hit the head and another part will hit the shoulders but if you are at usual hight less will hit the lower body i personaly dont do that much instead i shoot ones then knife
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4669 posts

Jul 13, 2010

BradyhahaALT wrote:
your higher up and they kan't see you if you shoot at the head from up there part will hit the head and another part will hit the shoulders but if you are at usual hight less will hit the lower body i personaly dont do that much instead i shoot ones then knife

But I mean even when were on the same platform and I leap off, shooting them in the process.

If it were just headshots, that would be obvious.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jul 13, 2010

thats what im saying your hitting them in the head shoulders and upper chest go to my thread at http://forums.mag.com/t5/Tactics-and-Strategies/The-Complete-Commando-Thread/m-p/549473 and you will see what i am talking about or just look at polkies thread right here

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Amazing Guide dude! The Proximity chat i usually get is "YOU F*CKING ONE SHOT HACKING PIECE OF SH*T!'

-SVER (Slaughter Valor Eliminate Raven)

My gun fires seven different shades of @#$%, so what's your favourite colour punk?

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4669 posts

Jul 14, 2010

BradyhahaALT wrote:

thats what im saying your hitting them in the head shoulders and upper chest go to my thread at http://forums.mag.com/t5/Tactics-and-Strategies/The-Complete-Commando-Thread/m-p/549473 and you will see what i am talking about or just look at polkies thread right here

yup, i know what youre saying, and ive read the threads, and it isnt what im talking about. I use the shotgun a fair amount, and im not talking about headshots.

Im saying that while my character is falling, even when i shoot towards their middle or legs, i feel as if i am getting easier one hit kills.

Just like i feel like 'whipping' the analog stick while firing helps with one shot kills.

Maybe its just me, who knows, but im not looking for shotgun advice.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jul 14, 2010

whitefox_black wrote:

Just like i feel like 'whipping' the analog stick while firing helps with one shot kills.

Wow, and I thought I was just crazy. I've found that kinda jerking the analog stick upward when I fire seems to actually help in getting kills.

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
427 posts

Jul 15, 2010

This is a great guide, and the pictures and everything are really helpful. See, these forums need more people like you that take time to make awesome guides and share their skills with the masses. I'll be respecing my character at the end of the week to purchase the shotgun, and this guide is a good resource for beginners like me. Thanks a lot!!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jul 15, 2010

Thanks! I got so sick of crappy guides (for all sorts of games, not just MAG), so I figured I'd produce somthing of quality to help others out. As always I'm open for questions via this thread/PM and I check it at least once a day. Happy shotgunning!

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4669 posts

Jul 15, 2010

movefasterpokey wrote:

whitefox_black wrote:

Wow, and I thought I was just crazy. I've found that kinda jerking the analog stick upward when I fire seems to actually help in getting kills.

I know! I felt like a wacko posting it, but its true. I feel like it helps, and I do it when I play with the shotgun... and I get pretty good scores.

at the very least, it isnt making me miss :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 100 (327 Views)
0 Likes