Re: Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy

Jun 23, 2010
Message 10 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 23, 2010

Fantastic job on the guide i'd love to see more detailed guides like this.

deathstalks-Raven

deathstalks2119-SVER

death_stalks-Valor

not Bigdaddv

Message 11 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jun 24, 2010

YOU HAVE IT DOWN TO A SCIENCE

Message 12 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jun 24, 2010

BigDaddv wrote:

Fantastic job on the guide I'd love to see more detailed guides like this.

deathstalks-Raven

deathstalks2119-SVER

death_stalks-Valor

not Bigdaddv

I appreciate it. When I do things, I like to do them with quality in mind. Garbage in and garbage out, if I make a shoddy guide, I can't expect anything more than shoddy shotgunners. I do hope to continue updating this guide, as well write others as I see fit.

sanandreas50 wrote:

YOU HAVE IT DOWN TO A SCIENCE

Well I'm not the best fighter in the game, but I like to think I know what I'm doing when it comes to the shotgun. I'm actually an engineering student in college, so I'm pretty good at breaking things down into their fundamentals to get a better understanding of how they work. After that its just a matter of interpreting the results and understanding how to use them to my advantage, and with this guide, hopefully to yours as well.

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Message 13 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 24, 2010

great work with the guide...

i do think that the part about teamwork is good but u should mention how players can also lone wolf with shot gun.

here there was the time when i was defending valor sabo for point A..and if u look on ur CNI map you'll notice the far right side is ,i call it "no man land", there  alot of cover for a shotguner but your teammates are over 50meters away.and i run around killing all the sniper and/or any trying to flak mine team.are when defending period. half the time i defend the church in valor sabo and none of mine teammates are around.aslo when am bleed out i know the rule is never bleed out ..but  when nearest temmeber is 60meters away hell bleed out ...dont let them risk there life trying to save you

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out http://forums.mag.com/t5/Tactics-and-Strategies/Pokey-s-Guide-to-Effective-Shotgun-Diplomacy/td-p/548837
why i dont play MW2 http://forums.mag.com/t5/MAG-Discussion/THIS-is-WHY-I-DONT-PLAY-MODERN-WARFARE-2/td-p/569330
Message 14 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jun 24, 2010

First of all, thanks for throwing this link in your signature, I really appreciate it.

I actually have been considering adding some new sections and rules, including when it is ok to go off alone. It is definatly a more advanced tactic because you are completly on your own. You have to be VERY aware of your surroundings, and a sensor jammer would definatly help. The type of shotgunner I have covered thus far is much more of an assult class, where the one you're talking about is more of a commando. Both are very valuable and powerful classes, but the stealth one is by far  more difficult, a variation I actually don't have much experience with. Nonetheless it is a section I would like to explore some more.

As for bleeding out, it does take a lot to properly asses the sistuation and make a judgment call. Often if I see that the respawn timer is about to go off and no one is near me, I'll just bleed out because it probably would have taken me less time to run back than wait for a res.

Message 15 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 25, 2010

to be honest the reason why I put the link as signature its about time someone made the shotguner known.

yea your right to take that sleathy commando like apporach people got to know thier surroundings..

i done at least 30hours defending Valors sabo..so yea your right ,you do need to know the map

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out http://forums.mag.com/t5/Tactics-and-Strategies/Pokey-s-Guide-to-Effective-Shotgun-Diplomacy/td-p/548837
why i dont play MW2 http://forums.mag.com/t5/MAG-Discussion/THIS-is-WHY-I-DONT-PLAY-MODERN-WARFARE-2/td-p/569330
Message 16 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Very nice guide! I usually keep to the back as a medic but I think I might need to up the guts after reading this.

You seem like a Shottie veteran, I'm currently working towards this medic-focused set-up:

- Improved Heavy Armor

- Boudini 12 Gauge & suppressed pistol

- Med Kit

- Sensor Jammer & Acoustic Locator

I've maxed out Athleticism (save for impact damage and paratrooping) and am working towards the knife skills in Personal Defense. Good defensive/support loadout for backing up the front lines and defending objectives?

Message 17 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4669 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Super-Pangolin wrote:

Very nice guide! I usually keep to the back as a medic but I think I might need to up the guts after reading this.

You seem like a Shottie veteran, I'm currently working towards this medic-focused set-up:

- Improved Heavy Armor

- Med Kit

I've maxed out Athleticism (save for impact damage and paratrooping) and am working towards the knife skills in Personal Defense. Good defensive/support loadout for backing up the front lines and defending objectives?

I would say so, especially with the improved heavy. This looks great for support.

Ive always ran with the lighter armor and a sneaky build when i use the shotgun. Ill have to try yours out Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Super-Pangolin wrote:

- Improved Heavy Armor

- Med Kit

Improved Heavy Armor is a beast, if you have the cc for it, equip it!

Shotgun is good of course, just be reloading constantly! The Raven shotgun is accurate, but the magazine size takes a lot of practice to get good with. Just try to mentally count how many times you fire, when that number hits 5, be sure to switch the handgun. Getting trigger happy and not keeping track of your ammo will cause you to pull that trigger for a 6th time, hear a click, go "oh **bleep**" and get your head blown off. Instead have that handgun at the ready, and if you have enough time, duck behind cover and reload both guns.

With the Raven handgun, it is so damn accurate you can probably get away with the supressor, even on Valor *maybe*. Stick a supressor on a SVER handgun and you might as well not bring it at all, that gun is innacurate enough without a suppressor, it would be useless for a shotgunner's purposes.

Med Kit of course, get the full ress obviously..

Sensor Jammer is wonderful, it makes you more or less invisble, great for a stealthy build, though I dont know how much stealth you'll be doing as a medic.

I've honestly never had much of a use for the acoustic locator. Generally I try to pack a motion sensor with me instead. A motion sensor paired with improved knife skills, shotgun, and lots of cover? So unfair....to your enemies that is. Pair that with a sensor jammer and you're a god of death. It will block out enemy motion sensors while still giving you the ability to see where they are at all times (unless in the unfortunate case they brought a sensor jammer too, in that case you just have to trust your insticts and keep your eyes sharp.)

So if you can, I actually would suggest pairing the motion sensor with your sensor jammer, I know people say "Motion Sensor is useless, if they bring a sensor jammer you're screwed" but honestly, 95% of the time I see people coming, so the sensor jammer useage out there is really minimal. Just trust your eyes first and your electronics second, and you'll be fine.

If you DO want to try out the motion sensor in conjunction with the sensor jammer, this would be my suggested loadout.

Shotgun - 400cc

Handgn (no silencer) - 0cc

Medical Kit - 1000cc

Sensor Jammer - 400cc

Motion Sensor - 800cc

Advanced Medium Armor - 800cc

It isnt as beefy as the build you listed, but you'll be essentially invisible to radar unless your sprint or fire your weapon (Always knife when you can!) Its great for flanking and coming up behind to decimate an entire squad yourself, but also doubles as a great support roll. Not only will you be cloaking the group you're moving with, the data captured by the motion sensor will be relayed to all squadmates in the area. Not to mention, the heavy armor is slow, and a lot of people use lighter armor. This means you might struggle to keep up with most of the group, so slightly lighter armor might be beneficial not only for keeping up, but getting to downed allies quickly.

I cant suggest it for a defensive build since you're going to want the most armor you possible can, plus if you're in one area for a long time defending an objective, sensor jammer wont help you much. If you want a truley beastly defensive build, this is probably the best for holding down an objective. In CQC you'll be a badass and damn near impossible to kill.

Shotgun - 400cc

Handgn (no silencer) - 0cc

Medical Kit - 1000cc

Motion Sensor - 800cc

Advanced Heavy Armor - 1200cc

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Message 19 of 100 (313 Views)
0 Likes