Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Re: Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy

Jun 29, 2010

movefasterpokey wrote:

So if you can, I actually would suggest pairing the motion sensor with your sensor jammer, I know people say "Motion Sensor is useless, if they bring a sensor jammer you're screwed" but honestly, 95% of the time I see people coming, so the sensor jammer useage out there is really minimal. Just trust your eyes first and your electronics second, and you'll be fine.

If you DO want to try out the motion sensor in conjunction with the sensor jammer, this would be my suggested loadout.

Shotgun - 400cc

Handgn (no silencer) - 0cc

Medical Kit - 1000cc

Sensor Jammer - 400cc

Motion Sensor - 800cc

Advanced Medium Armor - 800cc

I have sworn never to use Raven's medium armor for the bicycle helmets. :smileyvery-happy:

Although that does sound effective. Improved Shot Detection stacked with an Acoustic Locator gives you the ears of a ninja though. Apparently it increases range x3? All I know is you can often hear suppressed weapons at mid-range. The fact that if you can hear them well enough they show up on your radar is good enough for me - there just isn't enough CC for motion sensor, a "sound sensor" of of sorts works well enough for what I have to work with.

Message 20 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jun 29, 2010

There actually is a way to use other headgear on armor, usually you need to be a lower level for it to work. First select say, heavy armor, and select the headgear you want, save the loadout. Then go back in, change the armor to the one you intend to use, then select a headgear that you currently cannot equip, then try to save it. It will change your armor but you will have the heavy armor helmet equipped. Some of the lower armors look totally badass with the full helmet. Personally I think you should be able to equip any type of headgear for any armor...

As for the aucoustic locator, hey, if it works for you go for it!

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Message 21 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Jun 30, 2010

dude thanks alot i know am almost at the top every time SVER 4 THE WIN

Message 22 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
647 posts

Jul 1, 2010

Pokey if your good enough with the shotgun then u can possibly raise ur KDR. Since using the shotgun my KDR has gone from 1.20 to 1.29 while on valor for my second time. I averaged about 30- 40 kills a game and my highest xp game was a sabo against sver on sver turf. And i got over 1000 xp. So for all the noobs that hate the shotgun, follow Pokeys advice and stick with it.

Message 23 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jul 1, 2010

zander93 wrote:

Pokey if your good enough with the shotgun then u can possibly raise ur KDR. Since using the shotgun my KDR has gone from 1.20 to 1.29 while on valor for my second time. I averaged about 30- 40 kills a game and my highest xp game was a sabo against sver on sver turf. And i got over 1000 xp. So for all the noobs that hate the shotgun, follow Pokeys advice and stick with it.

Mine actually has been steadily going up, it just had a bad start since this is my first FPS, and my tour (starting at level 1 3 times does a number on your KDR) but  now that I"m back in SVER for good, I'll hopefully keep up the pace and move my KDR up higher. Also, I <3 Valor's shotgun.

Message 24 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jul 1, 2010
great guide!!:smileyhappy:
Message 25 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Jul 1, 2010

movefasterpokey wrote:

There actually is a way to use other headgear on armor, usually you need to be a lower level for it to work. First select say, heavy armor, and select the headgear you want, save the loadout. Then go back in, change the armor to the one you intend to use, then select a headgear that you currently cannot equip, then try to save it. It will change your armor but you will have the heavy armor helmet equipped. Some of the lower armors look totally badass with the full helmet. Personally I think you should be able to equip any type of headgear for any armor...

I did this on my light + armor. I always do it to my girlfriend's normal light armor guy with Raven's astronaut helmet when she's not looking. :smileytongue: The problem is that once you hit lvl 60, you can't touch the loadout without the helmet disappearing for good...

Message 26 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I used the shotgun for along time but I just found the range WWWAAAYYYY to unreliable I can one shot killed someone at 30 yards then had to 3 shot at point blank. You are totally right about all these points.

Message 27 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Jul 10, 2010

Smump wrote:

I used the shotgun for along time but I just found the range WWWAAAYYYY to unreliable I can one shot killed someone at 30 yards then had to 3 shot at point blank. You are totally right about all these points.

Have you used it recently? Still unreliable but it's CQC performance is vastly improved.

Message 28 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jul 11, 2010

Super-Pangolin wrote:

Smump wrote:

Have you used it recently? Still unreliable but it's CQC performance is vastly improved.

Indeed, I find that a well aimed headshot at 10-15m will result in an instant incapacitation 90% of the time. As long as you keep the reticule at head level, you can easily clear a room of 5-8 guys by yourself. And remember, with extended knife perks, even if you dont manage to kill them with 1 hit, following up with a quick knife swipe will guarentee an incapacitation, even if it hits them in the chest.

Message 29 of 100 (294 Views)
0 Likes