Sackboy
491 posts

Re: Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy

Aug 3, 2010

biggn82 wrote:
Just saying Valor has the slowest rate of fire on their shotgun, lowest ammo in their smg, their smg just became usable as of the last patch, the knife is almost completely worthless and should be either fixed or thrown out altogether and we have the easiest maps to attack....Valor definitely gets the shaft in most aspects of the game but that's alright, I'd rather be Valor than a na zi or co m m ie...

If there was an easy, medium and hard mode this is how it would be...

Sver - easy mode

Raven - medium

Valor - hard

meaning it takes more skill to be good on Valor and etc etc...regardless my clan and I will smoke any of you guys we come across.

If you're going to sit there and **bleep** about PMCs and how hard you have it, you can get the hell out of my thread. I have no desire for whiners to loath around in self pity, spewing garbage out of their mouth and polluting a perfectly good thread intended to help people improve their gameplay and hopefully enjoy MAG further.

Be a Better Shotgunner! Check out Pokey's Guide to Effective Shotgun Diplomacy
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Aug 5, 2010
/end rant
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Aug 7, 2010

biggn82 wrote:
Just saying Valor has the slowest rate of fire on their shotgun, lowest ammo in their smg, their smg just became usable as of the last patch, the knife is almost completely worthless and should be either fixed or thrown out altogether and we have the easiest maps to attack....Valor definitely gets the shaft in most aspects of the game but that's alright, I'd rather be Valor than a na zi or co m m ie...

Sver - easy mode

Raven - medium

Valor - hard

meaning it takes more skill to be good on Valor and etc etc...regardless my clan and I will smoke any of you guys we come across.

Well not really. Raven''s 5 shot Boudini means you can only take out 2-3 guys. With Valors you can kill 4-5. If you are taking on more people then that at a time, then it's time to stop lone wolfing it. The 870mcs is my favorite shotgun. Sver's has ammo but the spread is so wide, you have to ADS much of the time.

Pokey, one thing I'm not sure about. Are you sure you should never ads? When I'm using SVER's shotgun often an ADS as people are running in the other direction seems to focus the spread a bit more, and I seem to get more kills doing it then not.

Are you sure you should never ADS?

------------Vet progress------------

Valor-Valor-Raven-S.V.E.R-Valor
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Aug 7, 2010

I might agree in some very rare cases, but since the shotgun relies on killing enemies in 1-2 shots, the additional time it takes to ADS could be fatal for you. I don't think ADS actually tightens the spread, but makes the direction of the spread more towards where you are aiming. Regardless, I think the Reflex sight is a waste of Skill Points and CC, since the times where you do ADS are so rare.

EDIT: One more thing I dislike about ADS is that is narrows your field of vision, and I really rely on my peripherals while fighting.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 10, 2010

biggn82 wrote:

Sver - easy mode

Raven - medium

Valor - hard

J U D E N I MUST KILL YOU WITH GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 10, 2010

The thing i like most is if you have low health there is a chance you will make it out alive.:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 10, 2010

I found that you can use the other control layouts more effectively

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Aug 11, 2010

Two quick questions:
1. What control layout do you use? I use normal although I used commando for about a month.
2. What is better? To shotgun twice, or shotgun then knife? I find that I'm often gunned down before I can get a second shot off (SVER shotgun) and a knife is faster. But I often need to cover ground to knife (4/5 feet) and get shot. What do you prefer? (anyone really)

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Aug 13, 2010

Armed_Duck13 wrote:

Two quick questions:
1. What control layout do you use? I use normal although I used commando for about a month.
2. What is better? To shotgun twice, or shotgun then knife? I find that I'm often gunned down before I can get a second shot off (SVER shotgun) and a knife is faster. But I often need to cover ground to knife (4/5 feet) and get shot. What do you prefer? (anyone really)

1. I personally have no used anything other than the Normal loadout, but I am quickly becoming irritated with the R3 button for the knife, so I am considering trying out the other controll schemes.

2. Personally I think that if you can, go with a shotgun + knife. The shotgun SHOULD be enough to soften them up the guarentee a kill from the front with the knife. This is also a good habit to get into, as sometimes I'll kill someone with the shotgun and knife anyways, effectivly bleeding them out before they even hit the ground.

Now if you are outside knife range, absolutly fire twice, it will take more time to move up and knife than it will be to fire twice. As for a little trick I've been using, the second your first shot goes off, start moving to the side, this will throw off enemy's targeting long enough for you to get your second shot off.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Aug 13, 2010

movefasterpokey wrote:

Armed_Duck13 wrote:

Two quick questions:

1. I personally have no used anything other than the Normal loadout, but I am quickly becoming irritated with the R3 button for the knife, so I am considering trying out the other controll schemes.

2. Personally I think that if you can, go with a shotgun + knife. The shotgun SHOULD be enough to soften them up the guarentee a kill from the front with the knife. This is also a good habit to get into, as sometimes I'll kill someone with the shotgun and knife anyways, effectivly bleeding them out before they even hit the ground.

Now if you are outside knife range, absolutly fire twice, it will take more time to move up and knife than it will be to fire twice. As for a little trick I've been using, the second your first shot goes off, start moving to the side, this will throw off enemy's targeting long enough for you to get your second shot off.

Thanks for the tip. Is the patch putting you off at all. I have managed just fine, I just pump the shotgun more with the extra ammo and speed and all.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 100 (281 Views)
0 Likes